The Big Can't Sing List

That said...I think everyone hears things a little differently. Certain tones-n-timbres appeal to some and not to others.

I agree. Because I think Stevie Nicks' voice is amayayayazing.

Another terrible singer is Roger Waters ::braces for flame war::

I agree. Because I think Stevie Nicks' voice is amayayayazing.

Another terrible singer is Roger Waters ::braces for flame war::
Actually, this throws up an interesting side salad If you'll pardon the expression. Those singers that have been or were around for say, ten years or more, some of them went through voice changes so at various points they sounded good, then maybe later on not so good or vice versa. Roger Waters is a good example. In the first ten years of the Floyd I thought he had a good 'English' voice that was pretty tuneful.

David Byrne. Hands down.

My dad always hated Bob Dylan, but his voice is actually musical, underneath all of the crackle.

She is just god awful and her attempted singing sounds like a coked up billy goat with a head cold.

:D

You've described her singing style to a "T".

She didn't sing like that when she was part of Buckingham Nicks, and was OK in the early Mac years...AFA I can remember...but it got worse in later years. I don't think she can hardly sing at all these days....she just talks the vocals mostly.

***This is painful to listen to...play at your own risk!!! :eek:***
Not sure who was worse, Taylor singing out of tune or Stevie goat-talking her vocals...?

But she was a real cute hottie when she was young...I'll give her that! :)
Check out the Buckingham Nicks cover...she lets it hang out.

bucknickcvr.jpg

Last edited:
***This is painful to listen too...play at your own risk!!! :eek:***
Not sure who was worse, Taylor singing out of tune or Stevie goat-talking her vocals...?

Oww, Oww, my poor ears :eek::laughings:

Thank you for the reminder of why I do not watch the Grammys anymore.

She didn't sing like that when she was part of Buckingham Nicks, and was OK in the early Mac years

Fleetwood Mac didn't want anything to do with her goat vocals but they had to take her because that was the only way Lindsey Buckingham would join the band. That dude has talent!

Just when you think it can't get any worse....:eek: I hung on until 1:42, then the chorus drove me away.

This is one case where the question is: why DIDN'T they use AutoTune?

Swift's at the bottom of her register, flat as a pancake (or far off) on oodles of notes and has no projection or air to speak of. And she won THREE GRAMMYS :laughings:

Amazing. Now I am tempted (just a little bit) to search and see if any reviews of the show actually mentioned the lack of talent (besides us, of course :D.)

C.

I am sure I am male chauvinist pig when I point out the value of a cutey with blonde hair, which is very evident in this performance. I can't imagine, she'd be where she is without her looks, but so is the music industry nowadays.

I am sure I am just an old fart, and don't get the kids and their rock and roll these days, but its very telling to me that when discussing a music awards show, that I hear more about what Lady Gaga wore, then I am hearing about what she sang, or one an award for.

Fleetwood Mac didn't want anything to do with her goat vocals but they had to take her because that was the only way Lindsey Buckingham would join the band. That dude has talent!
Only partly true. It wasn't that Fleetwood and McVie "didn't want anything to do with her goat vocals" {:laughings: that's a classic quote, by the way}, but they did want Lindsey Buckingham as they were once again on the floor and they were informed that if Lindsey came they'd have to take Stevie Nicks as they came as a pair. To their credit, they rolled with it.
Funny thing, it was the 'Rumours' Lp where I first heard of them and on the back, there's photos of the band and names but the names don't fit to any particular picture. For a very long time, I thought Stevie Nicks was the bloke and Lindsey Buckingham the woman. Up till 1979, I'd never heard of a woman called Stevie or a guy named Lindsey !

Only partly true. It wasn't that Fleetwood and McVie "didn't want anything to do with her goat vocals" {:laughings: that's a classic quote, by the way}, but they did want Lindsey Buckingham as they were once again on the floor and they were informed that if Lindsey came they'd have to take Stevie Nicks as they came as a pair. To their credit, they rolled with it.
Funny thing, it was the 'Rumours' Lp where I first heard of them and on the back, there's photos of the band and names but the names don't fit to any particular picture. For a very long time, I thought Stevie Nicks was the bloke and Lindsey Buckingham the woman. Up till 1979, I'd never heard of a woman called Stevie or a guy named Lindsey !

Now that's a sheltered life Grim. :D ..... and I'm saying that with a goat voice. :D

:cool:

I'd be very careful if I were you saying anything negative about Stevie Nicks.

If she wanted to, at any moment she could take out a crystal and cast a spell that would turn you and all your acquaintances into granite.

Don't fuck with Stevie.

I'd be very careful if I were you saying anything negative about Stevie Nicks.

If she wanted to, at any moment she could take out a crystal and cast a spell that would turn you and all your acquaintances into granite.

Don't fuck with Stevie.

You know your right Dinty!
I was just thinking about something negative about Stevie to post here and my pee pee started the feel like granite-so I'll stop here. :eek: :laughings: :eek:

Does anyone have a video or sound clip to post here of Sid Viscous singing "My Way"?

:cool:

Back