My singing vocals don't sound good. Advice?

I completely changed the quality of my vocals by taking out the room, ready for it.................... get a used large as you can find portable fold up ice fishing shanty, got mine on craigslist for $80.00. drape the exterior with cheap shipping blankets, hang same type of blankets from the rods on the interior, place an old rug on the floor and boom! A completely storeable vocal booth anyone can use and then just fold up and store. All in I was at $130.00. I have completely changed how my vocals sound without a new mic, or any new outboard gear.
Cheers

I completely changed the quality of my vocals by taking out the room, ready for it.................... get a used large as you can find portable fold up ice fishing shanty, got mine on craigslist for $80.00. drape the exterior with cheap shipping blankets, hang same type of blankets from the rods on the interior, place an old rug on the floor and boom! A completely storeable vocal booth anyone can use and then just fold up and store. All in I was at $130.00. I have completely changed how my vocals sound without a new mic, or any new outboard gear.
Cheers
That's an interesting tip. I have never heard of the words "ice fishing shanty" before. I did look on Craigslist and they were quite a bit more expensive than what you got but I'll keep it in mind!

And I was originally under the impression that blankets wouldn't do much for a room because bassy frequencies pass right through them, but it seems from this thread and others' $0.02 that most singers are above those frequencies anyway, me included. So that's encouraging.

So you get a rather "dead" sound and then add back reverb and whatnot for the used vocal tracks?

Back