Recording human BeatBox

did no one mention a popper screen? you know that popper stopper or whatever the f... they call it. push him up to the mic and say go. then get a towel and clean up.
otherwist I would use the 58. rugged

So performance mics are the way to go to get a good recording?? Will Studio Condensers work?? i mean its sensitive, but u guys dont agree that a studio mic would be better? what about an 87? thanx guys.

Cdacoron said:
So performance mics are the way to go to get a good recording?? Will Studio Condensers work?? i mean its sensitive, but u guys dont agree that a studio mic would be better? what about an 87? thanx guys.

The classic beat box sound comes from a 58, cupped by the performer. Look at Dougie Fresh. SM58. Do you really want somone spitting into your U87? hell I wouldn't let anyone spit into a U89 (I hate those).

:eek:

OOOkay. true true. thanx for the advice guys. i just want the best recording cuz were comin out wid an album in july...and i just want the best recording possible with what we got. Thanx again.

Chris

I would say a sm58 w/ a foam windscreen.
You need the proximity effect.
The windscreen will help tame the loud plosives, and keep spit off the microphone, and help reduce handling noise.
Like this:
68_1_b.JPG

Back