How about some old gear

  • Thread starter Thread starter rob aylestone
  • Start date Start date
Thank you Rob. "Valve watts" are indeed louder than "solid state watts" and there are good, solid engineering reasons for this. Valve power stages and especially GUITAR amp power stages do not employ nor need any protection circuits*. You can just drive ***t off them and they just get louder and more distorted. Another reason is that amps such as the AC30 use no Negative Feedback. The result is that the amp has a high, for a PA, source resistance, in the case of the Vox about 50 Ohms. This means they can " beat" Thermal Compression" in loudspeakers so, as the voice coil resistance rises with temperature the valves can up the drive voltage and keep pumping the power into the speaker. Solid state amps are voltage limited. 30W into 16 Ohms is 22V rms and with a tranny amp that's all you get.
Of course, the AC30 speakers are also around 100db/W/m in sensitivity whereas those in most columns and PA speakers a good 10dB lower. You would need an exceptionally large, powerful and expensive studio monitor to match an AC30!

*You can of course wreck one if you drive it without a load but a well designed amp will stand this abuse for longer than you might think.

Dave.
 
I have no audible reflection when I turn my cabinet sideways.

Nice jpg. It is not a demonstration proving anything.

Yall over educated and cant play.
 
you cannot do it. cause it doesnt happen. Nice proof rob.

Just use your cel phone. You want me to turn my cabinet on its side? A 10 second video with sound?

You want it?
 
And you sir are under educated. Stop talking acoustic bllx.
20260915_204022.webp

20260915_204051.webp

20260915_204130.webp


You are so full of shit.
 
No, I cannot play guitar anymore at 80, just few chords (not too bad on a bass) I can however restring one for you, tune it and sort out the internal wiring. I can also (still if I have too!) fix your amplifier.
Can you do all that?

I blame Trump. Some people from a certain country have just become ruder.

Dave.
 
Laser - you got a bit lost. Two speakers in a box hardly crosses into line array territory - so the narrowing effect is very small. Still happens but for a guitar amp that people often walk up to, having it less left and right and more up and down even - might actually be a benefit, not a problem.
 
No, I cannot play guitar anymore at 80, just few chords (not too bad on a bass) I can however restring one for you, tune it and sort out the internal wiring. I can also (still if I have too!) fix your amplifier.
Can you do all that?
Fuck yes.

I rewire my guitars custom. I play all instruments. Restring is easy. sight read. Music is elementary. I grad tech school. Fix amps just fixed a tube socket on my VOXAC30.

Fuck dude, I have delivered babies in the field. I was a flight medic/rockstar

Literally brought people back from the dead.
 
Laser - you got a bit lost. Two speakers in a box hardly crosses into line array territory - so the narrowing effect is very small. Still happens
WTF. How many does it take? You show some proof.

Oh Im a bastard alright. The genuine article.
 
Fuck yes.

I rewire my guitars custom. I play all instruments. Restring is easy. sight read. Music is elementary. I grad tech school. Fix amps just fixed a tube socket on my VOXAC30.

Fuck dude, I have delivered babies in the field. I was a flight medic/rockstar

Literally brought people back from the dead.
Well, I hope your "Bedside manner" was better than you display here.

Dave.
 
please continue this thread on old gear. minus the comments about people being idiots.

The world didn't deserve to be saved. haha

Now I have the least amount of responsibility. It is awesome. Times just get better. But I don't fit in. I know too much.
 
Lidocaine 1.5 mg per kg
Atropine 1mg per kg
200, bam
300 bam
360 joules bam
We got junctional! Hit him again!
CHrist hospital CHrist hospital this crestwood air 2 enroute
 
Back
Top