The Siefer Vs. Cloneboy Mix

Rokket said:
Now, should there be deadline?

I'd say next Sunday or Monday should be plenty of time considering I have 3 bands to do in the next week. Heck, it might be 4 if the guy that phoned the studio tonight can get his band's schedule straight.

Well then, if everyone is in agreement, that would be good. Who is going to host it?

this is the most retarded thing I have ever seen.

unless you two are both mixing the same basic tracks for the same song, there's no right or wrong, no better or worse. no logic. a million factors can affect the outcome of this shit: mood of the band, gear, competency of the band, different studios, different acoustic colorations, GEAR... and then you get into a lot of subjective shit. you mix different songs, i guarantee you: the results will be posted, and the thread will grow to 478 pages, with a lot of name calling & no clear winner (unless one of you truly does suck beyond imagination).

unless you're doing two mixes of the EXACT SAME band, EXACT SAME song, EXACT SAME tracks, this is a pissing contest. you might as well be comparing a Tom Waits track to a New Order track. haven't you heard of scientific theory? you gotta have some CONTROLLED factors in there.

not to knock retards, i mean, they do a lot of good shit, i guess... good luck with your contest!

hang on, so if I act like a c ock and spout a load of racist c rap I get notoriety and to compete my poor quality bedroom mixes against a professional? The words "rising to the bait" leap to mind.

You also have to consider that The Seifer himself said that he could produce and record a band with a much better outcome than Cloneboy ever could with his(The Seifer's) Audio Buddies and some other cheap equipment. Unless I read that statement wrong wherever I saw it...

The Seifer claims he is a lot better than Cloneboy.. PERIOD. I think it would be good to see how they do in a real-world situation. Maybe they should also do a controlled experiment in mixing.

no - I think that Seifer gets off on attention be it negative or positive - hence the stuff he comes out with(look at his site). I say although this is fun - Cloneboy do the right thing, call it off and ignore him.

If you need a middle man to submit your mixes to, I'll take them and put them on my homepage and get a vote going. The contenders can submit the mixes to me, I'll rename them and put them out for all to download. I can also provide a link to send me an email with your vote.

Would you like me to help?

chris-from-ky said:
If you need a middle man to submit your mixes to, I'll take them and put them on my homepage and get a vote going. The contenders can submit the mixes to me, I'll rename them and put them out for all to download. I can also provide a link to send me an email with your vote.

Would you like me to help?
I can't speak for everyone, especially not the two involved, but I think that would help. I know it's all drama, but I would like to see this happen....

cellardweller said:
In a "public poll" you can see who voted, and discard the votes from those posters who don't meet your acceptance criteria.....
*edit* let me clarify that, you can't discard them from the poll itself, but you could adjust the count and repost the proper winner if it were to become skewed by unqualified voters
matt macfarlane said:
unless you two are both mixing the same basic tracks for the same song, there's no right or wrong, no better or worse. no logic. a million factors can affect the outcome of this shit: mood of the band, gear, competency of the band, different studios, different acoustic colorations, GEAR... and then you get into a lot of subjective shit. you mix different songs, i guarantee you: the results will be posted, and the thread will grow to 478 pages, with a lot of name calling & no clear winner (unless one of you truly does suck beyond imagination).
Both of the above should be considered, IMHO.

Last edited:
OK, Here's what I'll do... I'll PM cloneboy and seifer with my email address and once I receive their submissions, I'll upload them to my site. Then, I'll post the web link here for everyone to commence voting. Is that OK with everyone?

With regard to padding the vote, I suggest that we select a specific number of voters that can verify their email addresses to me and that way the "unqualified voters", as it was stated, will be weeded out. Otherwise, let's just let'er rip and see how many votes are cast for each contender. I did not and don't plan to add or subtract from the number of votes received for either party.

Chris

chris-from-ky said:
OK, Here's what I'll do... I'll PM cloneboy and seifer with my email address and once I receive their submissions, I'll upload them to my site. Then, I'll post the web link here for everyone to commence voting. Is that OK with everyone?

Chris

How do we know you are not but a minion of the_seifer or clone for that matter? I think someone with some more, clout should be responsible for such an important task as hosting the clone/seifer war journals. I don't mean that you are untrustworthy it's just.............................. well ya know.

It's true that nobody knows me well enough to trust that I will not sway the vote, BUT how can a contest such as this REALLY produce a true winner unless you had both contenders use the same gear in the same studio being monitored by the same official and evaluated by the same judges in the same listening environment?

I just want to help this be orchestrated in the best possible way and like you I want to know who's the pro and who blows. All anyone can do is accept my word that I am not dishonest and simply trust. This is a way for me to gain my "clout" on this forum. Sure I don't have 5000 posts to my credit but that doesn't mean I'm not worth listening to or able to be trusted with the job of counting votes.

I offered my help. It's there if you want it and if not, I'll see you in another 4800 posts.

Chris

I just wanted to put my .02 on the cat-eggs/seifer (however you spell it) debate. Unless Seifer is doing this intentionally, the caliber in which they speak is totally different. Cat-eggs seems a bit more well spoken and phrased better when he posts, but Seifer just has a poo poo mouth. lol. Really this thing is just a cry for help for the bbs....Seifer prove me wrong and get to work on posting something rather than constant bitch and moan. Let's hear some shit.

Back