The Siefer Vs. Cloneboy Mix

and finally... lets make the vote public so that everyone can see who voted for who...

it would be funny if the Blue Bear ends up voting for Seifer...

who can be trusted around here to run this thing fairly?

Handsome Al said:
and finally... lets make the vote public so that everyone can see who voted for who...

it would be funny if the Blue Bear ends up voting for Seifer...

who can be trusted around here to run this thing fairly?

Hey, I'll volunteer - they can both email thier mixes to me - I will post (and host) them as "Mix a" and "Mix b" - pure blind test.

NL5 said:
Hey, I'll volunteer - they can both email thier mixes to me - I will post (and host) them as "Mix a" and "Mix b" - pure blind test.

No problem.

What song do we do?

Also, where is Mr. Siefer in all of this? After all, *HE'S* the one that wanted to "battle" so bad.

Handsome Al said:
it's my gut feeling that the clone boy will freeze cos theres no money in this one... it seems to me to only be about the money for him... and that's all he'll be able to think about when he trys to mix it... whatever track he ends up doing, it'll sound like theres something missing to the poor lad without the subtle buzzing ch.. ching sound of a cash register that colours everything he listens to.. cos have you heard that he gets paid? is that right Clone Boy? I think it's been mentioned a few times... but I'm sure he's not embarassed by it!

Anyone that works for free is stupid, unless you are building up to the point where you can charge a fee or doing it for fun.

My *job* is recording. The free work ended when that happened. I'll throw in a few extra hours if I like the project, but in general the idea is to keep racking up those hourly charges based on what the client wants/needs.

Otherwise, you'll spend a week recording their basic tracks day and night while they try to get it right and THEN they'll want a free mix and master for a few weeks... and then you found out you worked 60 hours in a week with this bozo and made maybe 400 bucks.

Sorry... but I went down that road when I just did it for fun and still had a day job.

The question isn't who will win ... but which of the Seifer's ("i before e except after c" ... bad spelling dude) many aliases will be used to enter his mix? I think it's just one of Bruce's little games anyway. He ran out of threads to post on (check his count out :eek:) so he disses himself, stirs up some fun, then comes down all unhappy about it.

It's bullcrap, but let me believe it, even for a short while ... :)

I stack shelves for money and noone goes on about the love I should be putting into it!

(p.s that's "i before e except after c when the sound is 'eee'" so if Seifer's pronounced "S" - eye" - "fer" it's fine. Next, I need to get a life.)

bah, i don't know how anal you wanna get about this, but you may also want to be wary of users who have less than 5 posts... anyone can create bogus accounts (as we've already witnessed) and vote over and over again. not sure on how you'd regulate this, though.

QUOTE FROM BRUCE:

your logged IP info tells a different story....... you think you're anonymous here?

------------------

MY RESPONSE:

let's see those IP numbers, bruce.

i guarantee mine wont match his. and if there's a way to show where we're from, let's do that too. unless you don't feel like looking like a fool

ban complete newbies... yeah i'd thought of that too... but you can't stop them from voting... I suppose someone could count the votes...

...yeah anal is the correct word.

then again Seifer has a history here...

Handsome Al said:
ban complete newbies... yeah i'd thought of that too... but you can't stop them from voting... I suppose someone could count the votes...

...yeah anal is the correct word.

then again Seifer has a history here...
\

Well, I could take votes by email - only people with say 250 posts can vote???

NL5 said:
Well, I could take votes by email - only people with say 250 posts can vote???
doh, well that's a bit high... although i don't have much experience mixing, i think i'm capable of making an educated decision on which one sounds better when placed side by side. :/

Stavencrows said:
I stack shelves for money and noone goes on about the love I should be putting into it!

(p.s that's "i before e except after c when the sound is 'eee'" so if Seifer's pronounced "S" - eye" - "fer" it's fine. Next, I need to get a life.)
Yeah - I also stack shelves ... yuck! Tesco sucks!

I do pronounce it S eeeeeeeeeee fer ... so I stand by my comment :)

v6v6v6 said:
doh, well that's a bit high... although i don't have much experience mixing, i think i'm capable of making an educated decision on which one sounds better when placed side by side. :/

How about 250 posts or 6 months as a registered user?

NL5 said:
How about 250 posts or 6 months as a registered user?

Sounds fair enough to me... newbies like me can still make comments in the thread...

We still need a song and a Seifer...

I'd put forward the song but I wouldn't have the confidence in my ability to record something worth working with...

thinking about it... it wouldn't work to vote by email... how would you know if it was the genuine member or not?

we would need to use a poll and count the votes from the experienced members...

it would be nice if you could create polls that only those with a high enough rep power could vote on... who runs this place anyway that would be a nice feature...

Handsome Al said:
ban complete newbies... yeah i'd thought of that too... but you can't stop them from voting... I suppose someone could count the votes......
In a "public poll" you can see who voted, and discard the votes from those posters who don't meet your acceptance criteria.....

*edit* let me clarify that, you can't discard them from the poll itself, but you could adjust the count and repost the proper winner if it were to become skewed by unqualified voters

Back