Simple multi-track recording setup advice?

Isn't it possible to get mics with 1/4" connections? If not then I might have to say goodbye to the Solo.

As I mentioned over on the Introduction to Multitrack thread, I was considering the small upgrade to a Focusrite Saffire PRO 14. This should be able to record 4 tracks (including 2 mics), right?

You can buy XLR to 1/4" cables but I don't really like them. You will be happier with the Focusrite cause its full duplex and you can multitrack, and it comes with Abelton Live DAW - Spend the money now you will not regret it.

Isn't it possible to get mics with 1/4" connections? If not then I might have to say goodbye to the Solo.

As I mentioned over on the Introduction to Multitrack thread, I was considering the small upgrade to a Focusrite Saffire PRO 14. This should be able to record 4 tracks (including 2 mics), right?

You can get an adapter, but it's an input optimized for guitar so it may not be too good with a mic. There won't be any phantom power coming through either.

You can buy XLR to 1/4" cables but I don't really like them. You will be happier with the Focusrite cause its full duplex and you can multitrack, and it comes with Abelton Live DAW - Spend the money now you will not regret it.

Yeah I think I'll do that. Thanks for all the help!

You can get an adapter, but it's an input optimized for guitar so it may not be too good with a mic. There won't be any phantom power coming through either.

Well it's just that the only mic I've ever used had a 1/4" connection to an amp but it was a really cheap one and I'd probably want a higher quality mic for recording.

Back