Preamp...what do you think?

Sanjanjoseph

Alright, ive got a d880 emotion mic(akg) :cool: ..and two other really bad ones :( ....im recording dirrectly through my computer onto cool edit pro, recording mainly acoustic guitar and vocals, but i can do some heavy things :rolleyes: . im looking for a preamp thats not too expensive but will do a good job...though anything will do a good job comparing to how im recording now. as for now i only need around 2 imputs...but it would be nice to not be limited to just 2 for the future. is there a brand i should be looking at-money wise-i can save up...but i dont know how much..i was thinking in the 200 range tops...but that might not be enough. i also might get a different recording program(who knows)..does that change what i can buy?
thanks alot guys :D
-sjj

<wow look at all those smileys>

The recording program you use doesn't make a difference as to the quality of the audio recorded or what preamp to buy. Mind you, there are a million flame wars going on to the contrary about Samplitude or some such sequencer actually giving a better sound, but I don't believe it. The quality of your chain going in and audio card are much more important. I don't care if you have perfect 96/24 recording, if your preamp is noisy your recordings will be noisy.

In your price range for two inputs, definitely check out the DMP3. You can get two nice clear channels at significantly under $200.

Back