let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Looks great, Mike! Your studio has a lot of atmosphere that mine lacks. It looks like there is stuff going on there in a sense with all that stuff lying around. My studio has nothing in it that is not related to music and I do not have the space for that at all.

I wish I had a room JUST for music, or a bigger space, but I have to make do with what I've got! I offered to trade rooms with my wife, whose 'hobby/computer room' is also the cat room - it's about the same size, but upstairs and has one sloped-ceiling/knee wall - but she said ' no way'. I wish I had another place for the dining hutch, as my keyboard would fit nicely in that space. :rolleyes:

How about eBay?
The dining hutch is filled with dishes, beer glasses and a lot of my junk in the bottom section. And even the top of it has stuff stored on it.

If I got rid of the cats and wife, I could use the living room as my music room, but she'd probably get the house in the settlement!

My room's so small I can only get the desk in!

Out of shot there's a bass, an acoustic & a Chet Atkins and behind me (actually I had to sit on top) is our camping gear... Mic is set up next to that...
Going to be moving out of this room soon though as my wife is expecting so this needs to become a bedroom. Saving for an attic conversion right now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 589
You might want to re-size your picture. Right now it's nothing but an ad for "Maschine".

Out of shot there's a bass, an acoustic & a Chet Atkins and behind me (actually I had to sit on top) is our camping gear... Mic is set up next to that...
Going to be moving out of this room soon though as my wife is expecting so this needs to become a bedroom. Saving for an attic conversion right now.

Hopefully you'll get a space with a little more room for everything. Your monitors are close together and not evenly spaced to the listening spot, and one is backed towards a corner (never good). Doesn't look like they're aimed at your ears, either (unless you're really really vertically challenged!)

Last edited:
Hopefully you'll get a space with a little more room for everything. Your montors are close together and not evenly spaced to the listening spot, and one is backed towards a corner (never good). Doesn't look like they're aimed at your ears, either (unless you're really really vertically challenged!)

From my chair they're aimed at my ears... Hopefully have more room soon. Wife's expecting so the room is going to be a nursery and I'm going up into the attic... Just need to get a floor!

Studio Control Room 1.jpgStudio Control Room 2.jpg
Interview in control room by local TV station a couple weeks ago. Pic #2 shows homemade bass trap in corner and homemade diffusers on wall. Haven't been on here in forever but thought I'd just throw a post in. Posted many photos about 12 years ago of studio construction from foundation pouring to completion. Not sure if they're still on here.

My Home Studio:
-iMac Computer
-Icon Qcon Pro Daw Controller
-Yamaha HS7 Studio Monitors
-Focusrite Forte Audio Interface
-Novation Launchpad
-M-Audio KeyRig 49
-CM1 Studio Condenser Microphone
-MS58 Dynamic Microphone
-Custom Strat Electric Guitar
-Custom Les Paul Electric Guitar
-Vintage Handmade Effects Pedals
-Valve Microphone Pre-Amp
-Laney All Valve Guitar Amplifier
-WD MyBook Studio 2TB Backup

-Lava Lamp and lot's of Coffee and Wine :)

http://www.pedropmusic.pt/img/studio01.jpg
http://www.pedropmusic.pt/img/studio02.jpg
http://www.pedropmusic.pt/img/studio03.jpg
http://www.pedropmusic.pt/img/studio04.jpg
http://www.pedropmusic.pt/img/studio05.jpg

Attachments

• studio01.jpg
    studio01.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 592
  • studio02.jpg
    studio02.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 596
Nice! Hey, your sig track is amazing. In an industry that squashes that type of music to death, you've got a great, dynamic track that's very well done! Congratulations.

studio-11-13-14.jpg

I think I have this setup pretty nice now. On the right, on the old guitar amp is my porta-rig setup. Four connections, left and right channel, USB, and power cable, grab my laptop and I am ready to go and record on location. 4 Rack carrier, compressor on top (I had it and if I want to run Snare and Kick, I have it), Tascam, ART Pre-Amp (Thanks Jimmy), Power Supply on the bottom.

Pretty stoked to start going to locations and record.

(Might move Lava Lamps to the monitors, maybe)

New gear:

4OrionAlesis.jpg2Board.jpg1ComputerMonitor.jpgWe have added an Antelope Orion 32 to our system. It works quite nicely with Pro Tool with the Mackie 32x8 used for pre-amps and summing.

Rickertd: Thats a nice set up you got there. What do you think of the 266XL? I have a 163x and it is a very cool 1 trick pony. The 266Xl seems a lot more flexible but also gets a lot of hate.

I like it for what I'm using it for, which is a stereo bus compressor for summing. I will eventually replace it with an ART Pro-VLA II. I would love to have, and someday will have a Shadow Hills Industry Mastering Compressor, but that will have to wait for some profits to come in from the studio. In the meantime, there are plugins to use in Pro-Tools as well, though I don't do summing in Pro-Tools.

After over a year and a half I finally have a home again...so out of storage it came..

Cant wait to make music again.

DSCN0907 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0910 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0909 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0908 (640x480).jpg

DSCN0911 (640x480).jpg

Back