let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
After over a year and a half I finally have a home again...so out of storage it came..

Cant wait to make music again.

View attachment 90418

View attachment 90420

View attachment 90419

View attachment 90421

View attachment 90422

Damn dude that is a lot of noise making equipment....I guess at least in this case it answers the long debated topic here at HR.com " Is a DJ a musician?" :guitar:

I recognize a lot of the stuff but explain what you got going on in the third picture down in those racks...

Yeah its a nice wee set up but theres been some casualties, my DT 770's are away for repair and one of my mixcubes went on the blink last night..also broke a knob off Spark...movings a pita

The top racks just a digimax D8 which handles the R8, R8m, and the electron...that adats into the focusrite in the bottom rack where Ive got two tnc acmp73's, a GAP 73, and a joe meek mc2...nothing pricey but shapes the tone better...the mc2 is great on pads, nice stereo expander built in. Im going to buy the GAP eq next.

Here's a walk through of my studio building. Not much equipment but defiantly a cool recording environment. I'm about to start making a demo with a couple of friends and I was thinking about doing a short series on the process of how we do it after I get some more recording equipment and a better camera, probably right after Christmas. Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPnuUsbX9Fk

So my setup is pretty ghetto...
And by ghetto, I mean put in the only space I have in my one bed one bath apartment.
4t9lY0R.jpg

How dare YOU!

well OK...so are the tables, theyre great until they buckle lol

Lol I've got the tables too!

4 of the 40 something inch ones, and one of the 50 something inch ones.
I had to retire the 50 something inch one because my monitors have made it permanently buckle in the middle. So now I'm back to using a 46" with my new monitor stands :D

And by ghetto, I mean put in the only space I have in my one bed one bath apartment.
View attachment 90609

I love it!

I really like seeing bare-bones work areas.
Even if it's just a kitchen table with a laptop and headphones.
For some reason, I'm always super inspired by them. Maybe because I can relate to them.
Probably why I prefer home and project studios to pro studios.

Lol I've got the tables too!

4 of the 40 something inch ones, and one of the 50 something inch ones.
I had to retire the 50 something inch one because my monitors have made it permanently buckle in the middle. So now I'm back to using a 46" with my new monitor stands :D

Im going to buy and extra leg for each table and stick it in the middle...unless Im already too late...cheap enough to replace anyway, ikea ghetto

---------- Update ----------

View attachment 90609

weve all been there...apartment life was mine for the past seven years, hard to eek out a place to play in a one bedroom...or a two bedroom...or a two bedroom with a den :D

Back