let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Here's one of mine....

studio_cat.jpg

I kicked her off the audio monitos...now she likes to hang on top of my old CRT monitors, just to the right in the picture. She's obsessed with my studio, can't wait to get in there with me and will sleep through any kind of racket I make. I also have a big old black cat, and he likes to hang up there with her, but he doesn't like it when I'm tracking lead guitar, as I track a bit on the louder side, but the other cat doesn't even blink.

One thing...they both leave when we are tracking drums. :D

I have a studio Maltese ... she loves to sneak in a pee on the rug when I leave the door open and the run away.
reealll quick like

Here's one of mine....

View attachment 69883

I kicked her off the audio monitos...now she likes to hang on top of my old CRT monitors, just to the right in the picture. She's obsessed with my studio, can't wait to get in there with me and will sleep through any kind of racket I make. I also have a big old black cat, and he likes to hang up there with her, but he doesn't like it when I'm tracking lead guitar, as I track a bit on the louder side, but the other cat doesn't even blink.

lol, that's awesome!

Thanks for the responses, the display is for showing db levels across a range of frequencies. I worked for a high end audio equipment company a good number of years ago and had a good relationship with a few of the manufacturers. The display was specially made in a very small quantity by JVC to use at trade shows and the like to show how well their hi-fi tape decks could produce a flat frequency response using a noise reduction called super ANRS and the display was replicated on some equipment, albeit very small proportions. I was given the display by one of the reps as he could see how much I needed it in my life, like one does at an impressionable age. I've had many offers over the years from friends who fancied it to use with their audio equipment, I had it moth-balled until getting my studio together. I find it very useful for checking levels which don't always show as well on the full spectrum peak led's on the recording and mixing units which tend to respond more to low end peaks.

The mic is not as exciting as it looks, but very good for what I need it for, it's a Sennheiser e 945 I just bought. I got a couple of their cheaper mics to knock around with and was impressed so got this one for when I am recording but can't afford to send the rest of the family out on a jolly so I have a totally quiet house. It is very directional and works really well with the shield and shock mount, to the extent that a really good vocal that happens to occur when I am not particularly working in a serious way is good enough to use on a track. I'm sure I am not the only one who finds that some of the best stuff happens when least expected, and until I get dedicated booth put up in the next room, using the condenser mics is only practical when I can control other noises in the house which does little for my popularity.

All the best

Tim

Here's one of mine....

View attachment 69883

That's a cute meow, nice perch ;) Sadly I don't live where I record, but I imagine my cat would take off running when I'm tracking drums as well.

Here's one of mine....

View attachment 69883

You should deactivate your cat when recording muahahahahaha

lol :)

Haven't been to this neck of the woods in a while, I recently moved my studio from my bedroom into what was an old storage room. A bit crap but
I love it. My gibson is in a case next to my amp, should of got it out. My filing cabinet AKA mic locker as a pair of Avantone CK-1's, Matched pair of SE1a's (in one of the pics), SE2200t, SM57, Blue Baby Bottle, C1000s and a couple of others not worth mention.
amp.jpgGuitars.jpgPiano Shot.jpgStudio back.jpg

Haven't been to this neck of the woods in a while, I recently moved my studio from my bedroom into what was an old storage room. A bit crap but
I love it. My gibson is in a case next to my amp, should of got it out. My filing cabinet AKA mic locker as a pair of Avantone CK-1's, Matched pair of SE1a's (in one of the pics), SE2200t, SM57, Blue Baby Bottle, C1000s and a couple of others not worth mention.

I'll tell you what is worth mentioning: the Behringer BCF2000 on your desk. That was by far the best $200 I've spent in my studio. Such a simple thing, but so important to have real faders and knobs. The fact that Behringer made one at such a great price is fantastic.

I'll tell you what is worth mentioning: the Behringer BCF2000 on your desk. That was by far the best $200 I've spent in my studio. Such a simple thing, but so important to have real faders and knobs. The fact that Behringer made one at such a great price is fantastic.

It is a great bit of kit considering the price. I find it really hard to work in places where there is no control surface, I always find myself reaching up to move a fader/press a button when there is nothing there :facepalm:

Bit noisy though, they can really make you jump when you not expecting the faders to move. Was trying to get hold of a cheap used Mackie control or a Tascam US 2400 but I'm quite tempted to buy another one.

Back