let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
I see Shadows Collide With People, Crows!!!

Sorry for OT I just don't know ANY John fans around me so I get excited when I see others who enjoy his music! :guitar:

:eek: OMG OMG OMG!

LOL!

I've seen a couple fans on here. I've said this multiple times, but it seems fans of Frusciante are really proud and open about it.

nice thread, nice pictures. thats soooo inspiring!
this is my room. just the 1176 on the upper right will be replaced by a crane song STC-8/M within the next days:

studio2.jpg

Whoa...two German studios in a row. Both (not surprisingly) very clean, sleek and modern. Very nice gentleman.

I think I may put up some photos of my cramped, chaotic space just for contrast...;)

So, this is where the magic happens...it's also where I record and mix music.

From what little I know about acoustics, this is probably a worst case scenario. It's like 10 x 20 with carpeted floor and tongue and groove walls and ceiling. Almost a perfect rectangle except for an open sort of closet area off to one side. My studio design philosophy is apparently, "fit stuff in this room", or something like that.

If anyone sees any obvious things that could or should be done to improve acoustics within this space, let me know.

IMG_0017.jpg

It is off the kitchen with no door. Just a makeshift curtain. Liquor cabinet is sadly devoid of liquor.

IMG_0025.jpg

I like sleeping on futons, but they make awful couches as they always slide down. The cats weren't here, but you can clearly see evidence of their presence on the tattered office chair.

IMG_0018.jpg

View to the right...

IMG_0026.jpg

And to the left...

IMG_0022.jpg

Godzilla surveying today's snowstorm...

IMG_0023.jpg

Tascam 688 (left) and Roland VS2400 (right).

What's that archtop?

That is made by Kay. I know, kind of a crappy brand, but it was my father's and he gave it to me like 5 years ago. He bought it new as a teenager around the end of WWII. He was in some kind of big band/swing deal that played all summer on the boardwalk in Atlantic City back then. It was top of the line at the time for that brand. I think it set him back $80 or so? For about twice that, he could've bought a bottom of the line Gibson and he really regrets not doing that, but $80 was a ton of money back then.

It has really high, stiff action and the tone is pretty honky, but I really like it. Reasonably good craftsmanship. It's the only steel string acoustic I own.

I see your Godzilla and raise you Treebeard.
02032012338.jpg

I feel other than the obvious lava lamp, everyone needs something quirky like these too. =P

Yikes! He makes an excellent, although a bit creepy, USB cable holder.

Small world. My dad bought a Harmony that's almost Identical to yours in a pawn shop in 1949. I have it now and it fits the same description.

Sorry to post the same thing twice, seem the post went to the wrong thread! Still new here.

Attachments

• CRWideMar2011b.jpg
    CRWideMar2011b.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 661
  • CntrlRmSide.jpg
    CntrlRmSide.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 660
Last edited:
You may borrow mics, you may borrow a guitar, you may NOT borrow a Lava Lamp.

Lava is to each owner, what they hold close to them. Kinda like borrowing your buddies balls. You just don't ask. I would lend an ear, or a piece of gear, before parting with my Lava Lamp.

That said, I found one at a thrift store for $2 once. Obviously, the original owner had lost his balls in a horrible divorce, and she just gave them away in spite. NOT cool!

By the way, if a ball-lees owner of an original mini 12" 'blue/orange' Lava Lamp, in the Denver area, comes forward missing his balls, I will gladly return it to him, without charge, or shipping costs. You need yer Lava Lamp dood. I feel for ya man.....

Jimmy

Lava is to each owner, what they hold close to them. Kinda like borrowing your buddies balls. You just don't ask. I would lend an ear, or a piece of gear, before parting with my Lava Lamp.

That said, I found one at a thrift store for $2 once. Obviously, the original owner had lost his balls in a horrible divorce, and she just gave them away in spite. NOT cool!

By the way, if a ball-lees owner of an original mini 12" 'blue/orange' Lava Lamp, in the Denver area, comes forward missing his balls, I will gladly return it to him, without charge, or shipping costs. You need yer Lava Lamp dood. I feel for ya man.....

Jimmy

I got mine pretty cheap at a home store. I got it, just because lava lamps are awesome. No matter what era it is. =P I like the sound of your blue/orange one. Mine is blue/green. Suits the blue room. =P But I think I'll get myself a fancy new red one, once I redecorate. =D

Back