let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
This is how my room looks now, I have built 2 bass traps for the corners, I built a 2 frames, 15" against both walls and joined across then I wrapped the frames in sheet and filled with rockwool loft insulation, wat I did with the insulation was roll it out and cut it into triangles and stacked the triangles on top of each other in the trangular frame, then i mounted them in the corner of my room behind the monitors, I have 2 absorbtion panels on each side wall in the reflection points both 4" deep of rockwool loft insulation.
View attachment 72821View attachment 72822View attachment 72823View attachment 72824

Sounding any better?

If you have any open cell foam that is on the denser side, I'd suggest placing it under your monitors, since right now, they're just sitting on a wooden stand which is also on a wooden desk. So the sound from your speakers will vibrate right through the stand and the desk, coloring the sound. You could go the lazy way (instead of trying to find some foam free somewhere) and just buy these.

Sounding any better?

If you have any open cell foam that is on the denser side, I'd suggest placing it under your monitors, since right now, they're just sitting on a wooden stand which is also on a wooden desk. So the sound from your speakers will vibrate right through the stand and the desk, coloring the sound. You could go the lazy way (instead of trying to find some foam free somewhere) and just buy these.

Yeah room sounds much better, much tighter on the low end, a lot less wooly if you know what I mean, also not too dead. Yeah I'm gonna sort out everything on my desk with stuff for anti vibration. I've done everything diy so far, just trying to get the sound right and then I'm gonna sort out how it looks. First thing I'm gonna buy for aestics is gonna be a lava lamp.

I hope to have my little studio soon, I would love to have a space like you to set up my studio, but slowly, I hope so.

Just got a nice 32" TV. Gonna eventually hook it up to the computer as a second monitor, for all of the out of the way stuff. But it's given me a lot more room on top of the amp from where I used to still have a big CRT TV on there. =P So 2 birds with one stone as they say. =D

04072012373.jpg

Edit: Oh and I had to move my lava lamp temporarily, which is why it isn't in this image. Will be back in action soon enough! =P

Nice Oktavamod! It makes a great room mic and does awesome with acoustic guitar. I'm jealous of your "basement space." I hope to have a basement studio of my own someday.

Hey all, first post here. I have a modest setup in my basement for mixing and tracking demos, I do most of my actual tracking at a local commercial studio or on site. Did some super low budget room treatment a couple months ago and it makes a big difference.

Gear:
MacBook Pro
ProTools 10
some Waves plugins
RME Babyface
Focal CMS-50 monitors
Sennheiser HD280 pro headphones
M-Audio KeyStudio MIDI keyboard
LaCie D2 Quadra drive
LaCie Rugged drive

Mics:
sm57
AT3035
Cascade Fatheads (pair)
AKG D112

(Pics attached)

Attachments

• IMG_2002.jpg
    IMG_2002.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 725
Oh sorry. must be a UK ad.
It used to be 'Carlsberg - Probably the best lager in the world'

Now it's different scenarios, like, 'carlsberg don't do X, but if they did, it'd probably be the best X in the world'

Even funnier when you have to explain it, huh? :facepalm:

Now it's different scenarios, like, 'carlsberg don't do X, but if they did, it'd probably be the best X in the world'

LOL! I did a quick Google search and came up with something along the lines of a Swedish beer. I was even more confizzled...

Carlsberg don't do cross-border jokes on the internet...

Heyyyy Crow....The Room has a bit of flanking problem in certain frequencies but hopefully it will quiet down with some additional treament. LOL the most studio treatment? What do you mean ? :D

Cheers

I would say that is the most modern looking treated room I've seen on here. In regards to it being a home studio. That's pretty much how I would like my setup to be. Do you think the tile floor is going to be an issue?

Back