I had some posts deleted in the MP3 Clinic today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I sincerely believed that fairies were at the bottom of my garden and I flooded the MP3 clinic with songs in praise of these diminutive beings, you would rightly think I had taken leave of my senses.
no ..... people post songs about fairies all the time ..... no one gives them grief about it.
Look, in general no one pays any attention to lyrics in the clinic at all ...... you want to dislike lyrics you go to the songwriters forum .... the clinic is for mixes.
And it's simply not true that this guy 'flooded' the clinic.
You just somehow think you're 'fighting the good fight' against superstition and you're not. You're only fighting for your own viewpoint which is fine but the clinic is not the place.
I don't actually care that much and certainly don't think you should be banned nor do i think badly of you ..... in the list of things I care about this isn't one of them.

But in this case you're simply wrong ..... if you don't want to give mix comments then fine ..... don't. But the clinic is not the place to try and shove your beliefs down anyone's throat which is what you are doing just as surely as you claim the Christian is.

I'm with bubba on this one. If the songs about fairies are part of an agenda to maintain a voice on the governance of the world and an attempt to maintain influence on our lives then I say they should not be allowed. I would counter the argument that Bubba wasn't giving mix comments. If the poster hadn't wanted comments on the lyrical content then he should have omitted them. There are after all a million other topics to write a song about... Maybe he should have restricted those comments to suggesting the vocal track was too prominent and should be hidden in the mix so as not to cause the listener offense. Personally I would have suggested having it translated into latin. At one time that was all that was allowed for fairy music so the general plebs didn't interpret the massage. That was the preserve of the fairy elite....

He has also highlighted a few other points and managed to expose a few other personal agendas. Well done bubba...:thumbs up:

no ..... people post songs about fairies all the time ..... no one gives them grief about it.
Look, in general no one pays any attention to lyrics in the clinic at all ...... you want to dislike lyrics you go to the songwriters forum .... the clinic is for mixes.
And it's simply not true that this guy 'flooded' the clinic.
You just somehow think you're 'fighting the good fight' against superstition and you're not. You're only fighting for your own viewpoint which is fine but the clinic is not the place.
I don't actually care that much and certainly don't think you should be banned nor do i think badly of you ..... in the list of things I care about this isn't one of them.

But in this case you're simply wrong ..... if you don't want to give mix comments then fine ..... don't. But the clinic is not the place to try and shove your beliefs down anyone's throat which is what you are doing just as surely as you claim the Christian is.

I think you're completely right about this. But what you say here is a nifty segue into something this thread has got me wondering about. Where *is* the line for stuff in the clinic? I don't think anybody's going to cross it anytime soon, considering how safe most of the stuff in there is. Actually, I don't want to know where the line is. I want to know IF there's a line. Would this site censor a clinic tune because of content? Has that ever happened?

I think you're completely right about this. But what you say here is a nifty segue into something this thread has got me wondering about. Where *is* the line for stuff in the clinic? I don't think anybody's going to cross it anytime soon, considering how safe most of the stuff in there is. Actually, I don't want to know where the line is. I want to know IF there's a line. Would this site censor a clinic tune because of content? Has that ever happened?

There was that guy that posted a song about white power. I think he claimed it was fairy music too....

Speaking purely for myself here, but I suppose lyrics have been accepted as fair game because they're not the primary focus in the clinic and there are intentionally provocative genres out there.
A lot of people would be offended by Rage Against the Machine, Marilyn Manson, I.C.P....Ever listen to those guys? lol
But there's a commercial market for all of those bands and they're writing in legitimate and recognised genres.
If someone wants feedback on their musical creation and they're not pushing the subject matter in an inappropriate way, I think it's the readers choice whether to contribute or not.

As I said to Bubba, I'd much rather people report things that are offensive to them but, in honesty, it would take more than a religious or political theme for me to consider removing an mp3 post.
If I thought the OP of the tune was intentionally trying to provoke members of this forum, that'd be a different story.

In the event than one of our resident rule-loophole geniuses decides to write a song called "The mods are all ballbags" or something, I should reiterate that user intent would definitely be taken into account. :p

I've had people complain about my lyrics, neg rep me about them, get pissed, etc. They can suck a bag of balls for all I care. I put very little thought into my lyrics, so everyone else should care even less. I've never gotten any mod grief about it though.

I've had people complain about my lyrics, neg rep me about them, get pissed, etc. They can suck a bag of balls for all I care. I put very little thought into my lyrics, so everyone else should care even less. I've never gotten any mod grief about it though.

I was actually going to say I'm sure someone's been offended by Greg's lyrics at some time or another but I thought better of pointing the spotlight at you.

It's a perfect example. If someone gets offended at your lyrics they really should move on and make a mental note not to bother with your music, in my opinion.

I don't care because songwriting feedback is the last thing I'm after. When I post something I just want mix feedback. I don't give a fuck about anyone's verse or arrangement ideas. Just tell me about the mix or shut the fuck up.

I'm with bubba on this one. If the songs about fairies are part of an agenda to maintain a voice on the governance of the world and an attempt to maintain influence on our lives then I say they should not be allowed. I would counter the argument that Bubba wasn't giving mix comments. If the poster hadn't wanted comments on the lyrical content then he should have omitted them. There are after all a million other topics to write a song about... Maybe he should have restricted those comments to suggesting the vocal track was too prominent and should be hidden in the mix so as not to cause the listener offense. Personally I would have suggested having it translated into latin. At one time that was all that was allowed for fairy music so the general plebs didn't interpret the massage. That was the preserve of the fairy elite....

He has also highlighted a few other points and managed to expose a few other personal agendas. Well done bubba...:thumbs up:

:laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings:

That's what we need - a bit of levity. :D

As far as I'm concerned, it's all good. I'm holding no grudges, I acknowledge that this particular bonnet-dwelling bee is something I ought to keep under wraps a bit better. :)

:laughings::laughings::laughings::laughings:

That's what we need - a bit of levity. :D

As far as I'm concerned, it's all good. I'm holding no grudges, I acknowledge that this particular bonnet-dwelling bee is something I ought to keep under wraps a bit better. :)

Nah... It's entirely possible to keep thes idiots real. Just stick to what is known...;)

is this a religious thread? :wtf:

yummy

^^ this, all day long, to everlasting eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back