Give a little listen here there anywhere.... BAM!

That was absolutely awesome JAZZ!!!! There is nothing to rip apart. Not by me anyway. ;) Oh yeah, I dig that raw sound...It adds, not takes away from the song at all. It is you, and that is refreshing.

Last edited:
I enjoyed this very much. Great song! The delay on the vocals is a llittle distracting. The guitar sounds a little dry for having so much echo on the vocals too.

Very nice tune, Mang. Only thing I hear at my end that may need some work, is the vocals seem a bit loud in the mix. Tone is good, just a bit loud. (this coming from someone with no vocal control...)
Very cool tune. Reminds me a bit of johnny Rzenick's voice. Ilike it..
Ed

I can hear someone breathing or the mic moving at the start, so you need to get rid of that. The vocals are a little loud. I think the delay is a bit too much, lessen the effect value. Sounds good but. Would be cool if it kicked in with bass and drums and a lead guitar, but i suppose thats just kinda too obvious and stereotypical kinda.
Keep it up.

I like this tune, you've got something good going here. Though I did keep hanging on waiting for the drums to kick in. This song would be complemented by some beats to drive the tune more...of course this is just my own opinion. :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Keep 'em coming... I am looking for ideas on where to take this song.
I am torn between leaving it as a strictly acoustic song, or making it into something a little more exciting.
Suggestions?

Last edited:
ecktronic is right about the breathing, have a pop filter?

de-essing!!!!!

less echo for me.

are you hi-passing the git?
if you are i prob wouldn't hit it so hard.

i like your voice,
nice song

JazzMang said:
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Keep 'em coming... I am looking for ideas on where to take this song.
I am torn between leaving it as a strictly acoustic song, or making it into something a little more exciting.
Suggestions?
I have listened, and listened, and listened.....

Exciting = Driven Acoustics

Acoustic Guitar (or two) ?
Accoustic Bass?
Congos?
Chick back up singer?

Drama...Violin?

Extra exciting....sax?

Absolutely Killer song.....All of the above!

Well, that is my two dollars worth :D

great song.. killer vocals.

i know it may be EXPECTED to have drums and electric guitar kick in, and maybe that is just a popular trend in acoustic rockers..

but its popular for a reason
i'd do it

but there is no ruining a good song. if you don't it'll still be good.

Awesome song and hell yes Rzenik style! RoCK!

Well for opinion.. the song has unlimited possibilites.

but, if you want to keep it simple:
Beef up/double the acoustic. If you don't want drums then go percusive with your playing. I would go left and right on rhythm and then come up with a lead drone somewhere around center.

And add a bass!!

Add a harmony!!

Thats it from me. Great song, kick that ass!

Yeah get a pop filter as Giraffe said, but also do some editing man. I can hear you breathing when its only the guitar playing at the start! Suppose it could be bleed from the acoustic mic(s) though.
I know what would make this song fekin absolutely amazing seriously. Around half way throught the song break in with drums and some wind and/or strings, but the good and original part is that you use a kinda hip-hop break beat "DJ shadow" style of beat on the drums. (real drum kit)
That would honestly sound fekin wicked. Try it and lots of people will love it.
Please give it a go or i might have to try!

i feel like it has too much treble on the guitar.. to the point of sounding cheap. i think if that was fixed the vocals wouldn't be so "out there"

But the VOCALs being out there IS what 'kicks ass' on the song. This is a 'kick ass' song. Possibly still in the making, but other than the breath *pops* in the vox, it can go as is with it's rawness. So refreshing a sound, in this *effects to make me sound better* mindset today. I am not saying that is bad..I need help myself..but obviously the vocals are the predominate ass kicker here! And obviously JAZZ kicks ass! Why move them back?? If ya got it flaunt it!!! Listen to a musician with RAW Talent, and Talent defines itself!!!! ;)

Thanks for all the replys everyone. I have gotten some good ideas from some of the stuff you guys have said.

The acoustic track is something I did with my first condeser mic (while my fan was on in my room)... the movement of air is from that old track that I will definitely change... I am thinking of an acoustic sound similar to what I achieved in this song, but somewhat thicker.

As far as drums go, I am coming up with a drum part that is not too distracting but still adds to the song rhythmically.

For the bass guitar, I will also take a similar approach to what I did with the song above.

Does everyone think that the vocals for this song are ok? I hear myself going flat in the 2nd verse for a little bit... I think I will have to go back and fix that... and I will compress the vocals and lower delayed vox on their own bus to make them mesh together a little better.

Any other suggestions/disagreements?

Thanks for the help so far everyone!

~JazzMang

treymonfauntre said:
i feel like it has too much treble on the guitar.. to the point of sounding cheap. i think if that was fixed the vocals wouldn't be so "out there"
I kinda agree with you on that one, as far as the acoustic goes... brings back good ol memories... I played that acoustic part and recorded it with an MXL 603s on my old washburn guitar running thru a POS behringer mixer and into my SB Live OEM card only 1 year after I had picked up the guitar for the first time. Makes me feel old!

I hope that the new acoustic take will sound somewhat better. :D
Its been a long time!

~JazzMang

JazzMang said:
As far as drums go, I am coming up with a drum part that is not too distracting but still adds to the song rhythmically.

I disagree with this as it is just too obvious and over done. Music needs to be fresh inovative and diferent to stand out from the other 5 billion zillion artists that are trying to get success in the music industry.
I still say go with the break beat stuff.

Jazzmang said:
I will compress the vocals and lower delayed vox on their own bus to make them mesh together a little better.

Defo man. The compression will make the vocals not stand out soo much at certain parts. The vox only needs some light compression if none has already been added (although it does sound like light compression has already been added).
Looking forward to hearing the finished mix. :D:

ecktronic said:
The vox only needs some light compression if none has already been added (although it does sound like light compression has already been added).

If by light, you mean an ART VLA knocking 10-15 dBs off! :D

I like the sound the VLA adds tho.... not good for everything, but it still has a texturing property that I like with vox, guitars, and drumkit overheads (especially good on hi-hats).

~JazzMang

Back