Curiosity killed the track...

Lee123

Hey all
Within my songs, I have recorded overdriven guitars using either two or three mics to capture the sound. If it's one guitar I would pan and blend accordingly. If It's two guitars (two seperate parts) playing, I usually blend the tracks from each part and then pan one to the left and other to the right.
So far...that's it. No effects no nothing....just never needed them...

So..I'm curious...do any of you add any effects to you overdriven guitars as a matter of course??...maybe a touch of reverb, delay??..or are you like me...only add something if it's needed...

Lee.

Lee123 said:
Hey all
Within my songs, I have recorded overdriven guitars using either two or three mics to capture the sound. If it's one guitar I would pan and blend accordingly. If It's two guitars (two seperate parts) playing, I usually blend the tracks from each part and then pan one to the left and other to the right.
So far...that's it. No effects no nothing....just never needed them...

So..I'm curious...do any of you add any effects to you overdriven guitars as a matter of course??...maybe a touch of reverb, delay??..or are you like me...only add something if it's needed...

Lee.

I personally almost always add a reverb, delay sometimes a chorus to an AUX send. Varying for the left and the right to get more depth, wider image and that 'polished' sound

Back