Why Line6 Sucks!!!

Monsoon said:
Exactly. Where you gonna find a bogner for $500???????
The point I was trying to make is that the amp had a very simple design.
Line 6 amps have a lot of gadgetry ,none of which can cover up the fact
that the tone sucks hard.

c7sus said:
Check this out:

http://bigbriar.com/detail.php?main_product_id=39

Or this. I really would love to have both.

http://humbuckermusic.com/fututaectte.html

I bought a digital delay back in the mid 80's. An SDE-1000. Simple to use. Still sounds as good as it ever did.

But a lot of today's stuff is too many layers of menus and trying to "do" a bunch of stuff; maybe a couple patches really shine, but taken as a whole what you get is affordable mediocrity.

I still dig gear that does one thing and really does it well.

i have an ibanez analog delay i think it's an ad9 or ad99. it's really big and cool looking and cool sounding, but somehow the diode on the board where the power supply connects burned up. a screw came loose inside and i think it caused it to arc....i dunno though. any way........i haven't really looked much for the diode, but i couldn't find the right one locally. i should look online and a friend of mine that's into electronics even told me a place that would probably carry it, but i can't remember what it was called.

Line6 has suggested that I contact Emagic for support on this software, for they no longer support this. Guess what....No reply from Emagic. Way to pass the buck, Line6.

Toker41 said:
Line6 has suggested that I contact Emagic for support on this software, for they no longer support this. Guess what....No reply from Emagic. Way to pass the buck, Line6.
Forget Emagic, they will never reply to you. I tried to ask them about buying an upgrade for logic 3.0 which means they would make money and they never got back to me. I must have emailed their support 10 times.

donkeystyle said:
i have an ibanez analog delay i think it's an ad9 or ad99. it's really big and cool looking and cool sounding, but somehow the diode on the board where the power supply connects burned up. a screw came loose inside and i think it caused it to arc....i dunno though. any way........i haven't really looked much for the diode, but i couldn't find the right one locally. i should look online and a friend of mine that's into electronics even told me a place that would probably carry it, but i can't remember what it was called.
any diode should work as long as its PIV (peak inverse voltage? i think) is larger then the one you are replacing. Don't take this as gospel but I believe it to be true.

I bought a used Line 6 Flextone head...I like it okay. But after reading this, I'm not buying anything else from them.

Hey Line 6...wake up. Musicians have a million choices in deciding where to spend their money. Learn to make yourselves stand out. Your products are decent enough in their innovation, but they're not good enough to make that the key selling factor. CUSTOMER SERVICE. *hint hint*

donkeystyle said:
i've considered buying the green line6 delay pedal before, and just didn't because i didn't have the money.........i now know that i will NEVER buy it.
Well I guess it has to depend entirely upon who you talk to there. I had one of these delays (the DL4) and one of the footswitches broke on it. I wasn't about to take it to a dealer because I was sure I could fix it myself. However, I couldn't figure out how to get the damn circuit board out of it to reach the switches. So, I called up Line6 and went in their support line for authorized repair centers. I told the guy who answered that I wasn't really a repair center (much less an authorized one), but that I really just needed a simple answer to a simple question. He said "oh well...what the heck...here's how you do it..." and told me how. Very helpful fellow...

Stupid...

Dumbest Idea Ever = Variax Acoustic

" Hey, we should make an electric guitar that sounds like an acoustic guitar - no wait - one that sounds like 20 acoustic guitars!!"

How on earth did they expect this to work? I can't stand the sound of an acoustic electric - I run soundboards for live shows for a living and just hate dealing with acoustic electrics - especially when a band has two of them. All you hear is a bunch of shrill string slappin'.

If they really wanted to make it sound like an acoustic they could have at least put some tiny speakers in a hollow body so that you could get a sound out of the guitar without an amp. That thing is completely worthless if you don't have someway to plug it in....

I mean, the variax electric is a dumb idea, but the acoustic is just way out there!!

Well, this sure is sad to hear from Line 6. You would think as much as they charge for their shit that they would offer support for years after the purchase.. I personally will never buy another Line 6 product..

Seems you lost a few customers Line 6! Do you care?

A while back I traded in my POD 2.3 for the POD Pro because it was rack mountable and had an effects loop... Works okay for what I'm doing with it, but it's got the 1.2 flash memory chip, not the 1.3. I called up Line6 and was told that although the model was discontinued, getting me the chip wouldn't be a problem. If getting one wasn't possible, they would contact me and let me know so I could take the Pro back to the store for my old bean.

Guess what, nothing came in the mail and Line 6 never contacted me.

I'm never buying a Line 6 product again. I'm thinking of trading in this unit for another amp modeler with an fx loop :mad:

I don't want to seem like I'm defending Line6 here...but....

The typical customer service person gets paid like crap, and there's high turn-over for this sort of job at most companies. If the whole department turns over, then no one knows what they are talking about.

Maybe you should call again and try to get someone else. Could be that you just got a new person who didn't know what you were talking about...and didn't happen to care...

Hope the problem isn't severe enough to prevent trading for something else.

Back