Votes: 22 12.1%
  • Vic Firth

Votes: 80 44.0%
  • Zildjian

Votes: 12 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 21 11.5%

• Total voters
2B of whatever brand I can get by the case for the best price.

Just make sure they're straight and made of hickory.

I use vics. I tried promarks I cant stand them they suck. everything else Im close minded to. Although I started drumming with 7a regaltips when I was 7. Cant find them though.

I use vics. I tried promarks I cant stand them they suck. everything else Im close minded to. Although I started drumming with 7a regaltips when I was 7. Cant find them though.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Regal-Tip-American-Hickory-Drumsticks?sku=448800

There you are. . . Regal Tip 7a. :D

I own a lot of different pairs and brands, but I use the Vic Firth 7a the most often. Dave Weckl and Steve Jordan signature sticks are also very nice. Vic Firth brushes and mallets, but the Pro Mark hot rods are the best.

The best sticks for killer rock tone are 5B's upside down. Now that's power. Just don't break your wrist. Other than that, I like 'em very short, as those are faster and more maneuverable. I go back and forth between satin and gloss finishes: satin is smoother and faster, but gloss has a better grip. And I use 7A's with plastic tips on my edrums. And I don't care what brand they are, as long as they are good.

I use 5A's 7a's are too light for me, sometime 5bs. Usually vic firth or pro Mark, to me more important than size and brand is tip material/.stick material. For some music you might want to use wooden tipped maple sticks, to get a mellow softer and warmer cymbal sound, but if you want a more defined sticking with the full brightness, I go with nylon tups. And for good definition and warmth but less metallic and and bright, hickory wood tipped sticks. With wood tipped sticks it's important the tip is in good shape.

Always Pro-Mark oak, for as far back as I can remember, which was when Rock Knockers first came out ('71, '72 ?).

Since then have used Rock Knockers, sometimes with a nylon-tip 5A when I wanted to do some delicate cymbal work.

I still sometimes use Rock Knockers, although I have been trying different weights lately. Mostly wood- but sometimes nylon-tip 2B's, and both wood- and nylon-tip 5A's and 5B's.

I also have a few pairs from a "Stick Brick" I bought at GC a few years ago; I think they're around a 2B. I don't know what wood they're made of, but it's incredibly tough. I'm only on about the second pair of those and I bought them 6 or 7 years ago.

I also have some Vic Firth brushes, and some hard cymbal mallets (I don't remember the brand) that I use for cymbal "swells" and stuff like that.

And while somewhat OT, there's something else I have in my stick bag: it's a glow-in-the-dark velcro band that I bought at a bicycle shop. Cyclists use them to keep the cuffs of their pants from getting caught in the sprocket and chain; I use them to keep my bass drum beater from getting caught in my pant's leg...

Back