Introduction: My struggle with home recording

Well - if it gets in the way, I think it's bad, and I had the level up quite high and the first one made me jump up and turn down. If you make the listeners notice them, I think they're a bit out of control, and while a little is realistic, many people would be swapping the strings for quieter ones if they heard it that loud in real life - the P120 can be quite bright anyway, so for confirmation, do you have a visual display with the eq, showing you where the energy is? I bet this shows them up and maybe a little EQ could help just at that point. For me, it's very off=putting, others might not be bothered?

Don't sweat it. I'm a weird guy. I get pissed off and say extreme things. But only about things I really care about. On the other hand, I'm one of the most normal dudes you'll ever meet in some respects.

In other news. I recently picked up a AKG condenser mic for acoustic and vocal recording. Just plugged the thing up for the first time today. No knowledge of mic placement for acoustic guitars, no post editing. Just plug up and play with this one. Can you find anything wrong with this clip?
Some finger squeak is ok, but this is way too much. I noticed a little boominess a couple of times, too, so experiment with mic placement. I usually keep the mic 9-12" out from the guitar.

My point to that stuff was, if you aren't inspired by the world around you, then your recordings are going to be poor.

You need some adventures. For the material it brings.

You don't really sound like you are having any recording issues ..Have something to fall back on, in case you don't 'make it'.

Have something to fall back on, in case you don't 'make it'.
I don't care about making it. I have no desire or intention to be an established musician, or the share my music with anyone for that matter. I just want to make the music that is in my head for my own personal enjoyment.

My music will be mostly instrumental, and I can write generic lyrics. I don't need the "adventures". I personally don't like music with a message anyway. I prefer the low-IQ lyrics of the 80s metal genre I like. Those are easy to write because they're so dumb.

Some finger squeak is ok, but this is way too much. I noticed a little boominess a couple of times, too, so experiment with mic placement. I usually keep the mic 9-12" out from the guitar.
Ok, thanks for the tip. I was just kinda messing around with this new mic. When I start writing more acoustic based stuff I will start reading up on mic placement. Was just kind of curious how you guys thought this sounded

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with home recording. I can understand how frustrating it can be. I started learning about recording about 2 years ago too, and it can be a lot of work to get the hang of it.

I suggest trying different methods until you find one that works for you. Sometimes it helps to take a break from recording and come back to it later with fresh eyes. You might also want to try working with someone who is more experienced in order to get some guidance.

Whatever you do, don't give up! Recording music can be a lot of fun and very rewarding once you get the hang of it. I hope you are able to find a method that works for you and keep on making music!

--
Jason Hook. I enjoy remixing old songs using Audacity together with UnMixIt for vocal removal or isolation

I don't care about making it. I have no desire or intention to be an established musician, or the share my music with anyone for that matter. I just want to make the music that is in my head for my own personal enjoyment.
you need a mentor and some private lessons
My music will be mostly instrumental, and I can write generic lyrics. I don't need the "adventures". I personally don't like music with a message anyway. I prefer the low-IQ lyrics of the 80s metal genre I like. Those are easy to write because they're so dumb.
sooner or later you will find something that works for you.

Don't sweat it. I'm a weird guy. I get pissed off and say extreme things. But only about things I really care about. On the other hand, I'm one of the most normal dudes you'll ever meet in some respects.

In other news. I recently picked up a AKG condenser mic for acoustic and vocal recording. Just plugged the thing up for the first time today. No knowledge of mic placement for acoustic guitars, no post editing. Just plug up and play with this one. Can you find anything wrong with this clip?
try this number

Back