The New And Improved Mic Forum Rep Thread

apl said:
I'd like to hear some DavidK fiddlin' recorded with the fabulous MSH-1A SDCs.

The fabulous MSH-1As might be good for making bootleg concert recordings. Not that I'd advocate that or anything.

got an SM57 and it works great for amps...

got an MXL v67G and it works well with my baritone vocals.... it is lacking that bright high end sparkle that always sounded harsh to my ears.

i give em both 5 out of 5

I think a guy can do an awful lot of good recordings with a pair of MSH-1A SDCs for acoustic instruments, a GSL ES57 for loud things like guitar amps, and a LDC that suits the voice.

heh, I built an MSH1A clone based off of Ms Hilareous's schematic and it sort of wasn't great. I had all sorts of ground problems and sounded like poo. I have never built anything like that before, so I am sure my less than steller craftsmanship was the problem. Well, I am only out about $5 in parts. I went ahead and ordered a matched pair to get it over with. I got a date with a sehtar and an accordion lined up for them bad boys. :D

bubbagump said:
heh, I built an MSH1A clone based off of Ms Hilareous's schematic and it sort of wasn't great. I had all sorts of ground problems and sounded like poo. I have never built anything like that before, so I am sure my less than steller craftsmanship was the problem. Well, I am only out about $5 in parts. I went ahead and ordered a matched pair to get it over with. I got a date with a sehtar and an accordion lined up for them bad boys. :D

LOL! That's hilarious!

I used the built in mic on my laptop last night to record some voice into Cubase, then squished the snot out of it.

I like my Cubase dynamics plug in.

Hey!
When recording vocals, should I be using a condenser or a dynamic?

*YET ANOTHER helpful post*

*statement involving the exclamation "Hey!"*

*statement referencing microphones and incorporating recent query regarding particular technique*

*statement suggesting that yes, you should be using a condenser or dynamic,
unless you prefer the more organic sound of a carbon mic in the
historic analogue tradition*

telescribe.jpg

Back