The New And Improved Mic Forum Rep Thread

talent for $20? my ex will blow you for $10 and it'll be the best you've ever had!

and mics are cool. especially the sm57 with its 'rotating' head thingy.

bubbagump said:
Oh, you need to get a plugin for that. I recommend the Studio Magic plugin over the talent plugin. I find it is warmer in the 500hz range.

I'll look into that. At least I have fabulous MSH-1A prototype SDC microphones to capture my lack of talent nicely, which should make things easier for the plug-in.

apl said:
I'll look into that. At least I have fabulous MSH-1A prototype SDC microphones to capture my lack of talent nicely, which should make things easier for the plug-in.

ooh i just got my talent limiting plugin! it works great. i get good bands to come in and record and then i slap the talent limiter on the bass part and the band fires him and have to hire me as a session bassist. i make so much extra money with it!

hey so what about the crystal microphone?

I need all the help I can get.

Boost.jpg

Anyone have experience powering a 57 with the maudiofw410 pres? I have to crank mine way up bringing pretty much unbearable noise. I'm guessing it's from the pres. How are everyones experiences powering a 57 with an rnp? I'm thinking about getting it for next pre. Another question, what is everyone's take on the mxl993? I have on but am thinking about buying another for stereo uses. It seems to be pretty exagerrated on the highs but that's the cheapest way for me to go to have stereo at the time. My other choice is to purchase a matched pair of 603s since they come with interchangable capsules.

Back