The New And Improved Mic Forum Rep Thread

*helpful post*

*statement involving the exclamation "Hey!"*

*statement referencing microphones and incorporating query regarding particular technique*

*statement acknowledging Treelines helpful post, thereby dispelling the idea that apls helpful post would die of lonliness*

mshilarious said:
I don't make my own capsules. Besides, I am hard at work on the tube mic. Here's a sneak peak:

:p

Ok!!! He's using a pentode!!

Are we looking at a submini tube?

My last project was to take the capsule from an Oktava 219, put it in an MXL 2001 body with some inner screen removed, some reflective dampening material and then wired it with the Royer 5840 tube circuit.

(Ahem) SA-WEEEEEEEET!!!!!!

PhilGood said:
Ok!!! He's using a pentode!!

Are we looking at a submini tube?

Oooh, you're good.

Yeah, it's a 6418, using phantom power, but without a transformer or DC converter. v2 gets breadboarded tonight :) v1 "worked", but at like -77dBV sensitivity :eek:

Hey Guys!! I was just wondering. I like my Shure58 mic, but was wanting to start a mic locker with a variety of mics. I was interested in some Blues too, but since I am low on cash.....errrrr....uuuuh...could ya all lead me to the best mic for under 20 bucks?!! :eek: :D :p

well, heres my 'hey'..

but anyway, i wanted to ask, in my electronics textbook that i stole from my high school electronics class, it says they give 2 examples of common mic types, one being the dynamic, and the other was a 'crystal' microphone.

what the hell is a crystal microphone?? the textbook was from the early 80's, if that helps any.

and sm57's make decent dildos to give to your ex's when they break up with you. (the fake 57's that some chinese guy sells door to door of course)

true-eurt said:
Hey Guys!! I was just wondering. I like my Shure58 mic, but was wanting to start a mic locker with a variety of mics. I was interested in some Blues too, but since I am low on cash.....errrrr....uuuuh...could ya all lead me to the best mic for under 20 bucks?!! :eek: :D :p

can we record into my cracked version of Sonar 5 Producer, and use antares auto tune as a mastering plugin, while making beats in cracked fruity loops, and posting annoying threads on the BBS because people have asked the same things before and im just too lazy to use the search function??

:rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

TragikRemix said:
can we record into my cracked version of Sonar 5 Producer, and use antares auto tune as a mastering plugin, while making beats in cracked fruity loops, and posting annoying threads on the BBS because people have asked the same things before and im just too lazy to use the search function??

:rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:
Sounds like the beginning of something dangerous. :D

true-eurt said:
I am low on cash.....errrrr....uuuuh...could ya all lead me to the best mic for under 20 bucks?!! :eek: :D :p
I am sorry guys....I should have been more specific...I meant the best CHINESE mic for under 20 bucks. Sorry, I am just a nooby. :D :p

true-eurt said:
I am sorry guys....I should have been more specific...I meant the best CHINESE mic for under 20 bucks. Sorry, I am just a nooby. :D :p

psh, i can get you a telefucking tube mic for a dimebag and a rolling paper. ;) no chinese shit..

You do know I am just a joshin' don't you APL? You're not though are you? :eek: :D

I had a listen. Sounded like the opening chords to Gloria. :D I haven't open-miced the amp that much to really get the feel of what is best sounding.

I think it also has more to do with the skill level of my playing, than the mic though!! :eek:

Thanks APL! :)

Yeah, I wanted to do some open chords and it just kinda happened.

I wish I could buy talent for $20. Even Chinese.

Back