The Everything "EZDrummer" and "Superior Drums" thread.

Thanks for the listen & tips Greg, like I mentioned, I'm still working on this, drums, guitar, bass, everything. The drum sounds themselves are just Abbey Road 90's Drums slapped onto a stereo track, with nothing at all changed. This is how the ARD's sound "stock".....The midi is coming from Jamstix 3, which has cool things about it, but sometimes, it's more of a hassle to use it than to just program 'em. So, I've been doing about a 50/50 thing, using the JS grid editor thing to add/remove what I want, & letting it (JS) do the fills for me. As you can hear, they do get kinda wongo at times, but you can keep hitting the "compose" button, or change any of the many, many parameter knobs & the fill will change on the fly....

I'm still learning the program (Jamstix), but for the most part, it's way better than using the midi from EZ Drummer or whatever. There are about 10-12 different "drummers" that come with JS, & you can buy more (of course).....Each "drummer" has different accent/fill/beat tendencies that are ok, but it's still not like a real drummer......

Thanks again man, & yeah, I love the new cab, it's what I should've got back in the summer, but I now have the V30 for the modern type stuff, & the Greenback for the classic/vintage sounding stuff. But either could be used for any of it, & neither is better/worse, just different.....

Again, if there's anything you can let us "mortals" :) in on about drumming, please do so man......

I've been using Superior Drummer for a couple of years, and I figure that with the amount of time I've spent editing drum tracks, I could have become a decent drummer. However, I couldn't have a real kit where I live, so it's a moot point.

Swollen maybe. :)

I like most of the current members at this point. Peace is a tough thing to keep around here sometimes, so some mod-ification, is what I am doing.

Or just go f**k yourself. lol!

JK!

It has been quite peaceful and very enjoyable around here lately. You're doing a great job. Kumbaya and shit. :)

14 X 6.5 DW nickel over brass. Triple action throw-off, huge snare bed, 42-strand wires, nickel lugs and hoops. Ka-pow!

Triple action throw-off,

That part I don't know... I could google it...
or I could let you revel in the glory and explain what that means.

I'm thinking it has to do with the position of the snares. Off, Semi-on, Fully-on.

Back