spectrasonics in sonar

osion

anyone here use spectrasonics software (stylus, atmosphere, trilogy) with sonar? I recently bought the three programs and when i first open the program it works fine. I set up the inputs and outputs and when i hit a key on my keyboard I hear the patch from lets say atmosphere. As I move through the patches in atmosphere I can hear the new sounds when i play my keyboard. so far so good.
The problem starts when i record something. After I record I can no longer hear the patch when I play my keyboard. I hit a key on my keyboard and nothing happens. When I press "play" to hear what I recorded I hear the sound fine. The problem only occurs when I'm not recording and just want to browse through the patches and see what sound to use. Again, when I first open up the programs it works fine, I can hear all the patches. The problem only happens after I record something and then I can no longer here anything from Atmosphere unless I am recording. Any ideas what the problem is??

osion said:
anyone here use spectrasonics software (stylus, atmosphere, trilogy) with sonar? I recently bought the three programs and when i first open the program it works fine. I set up the inputs and outputs and when i hit a key on my keyboard I hear the patch from lets say atmosphere. As I move through the patches in atmosphere I can hear the new sounds when i play my keyboard. so far so good.
The problem starts when i record something. After I record I can no longer hear the patch when I play my keyboard. I hit a key on my keyboard and nothing happens. When I press "play" to hear what I recorded I hear the sound fine. The problem only occurs when I'm not recording and just want to browse through the patches and see what sound to use. Again, when I first open up the programs it works fine, I can hear all the patches. The problem only happens after I record something and then I can no longer here anything from Atmosphere unless I am recording. Any ideas what the problem is??

I also have all three programs and use them extensively with Sonar P5 edition. To be clear, you play a patch and can hear it; you press record in Sonar and it records okay? But then subsequently, your patch does not play directly from the k/board anymore and neither can you hear other patches as you browse through the other patches?

Does it do the same with Trilogy? And Stylus?

It seems to me that there may be a command in midi that is shutting off your k/board after you record - someone else here with a lot more experience of midi than me can confirm this. I have not experienced that problem before.

What happens if you try opening another Dxi or VSTi track and loading a second instance of Atmosphere - what happens then?

Does it happen when you load and use another synth? Or is it just the Spectrasonic ones that do this?

I am not home until tomorrow so I can't check out my system to confirm what else to try.

Back