Review my equipment?

Metalchild23

Ok after being on this forum for about a month now I have taken lots of advise and I think i figured out what way im going to go with a basic set up to start recording? Can everyone take a look before I buy this weekend just to see if you guys/girls think it will all go togeather, or also if theres something I really need that I missed. Thanks

-The Computer of course

-Mics: 2 sm57, 1 Beta52, 2 PG81 (Stands and Cables taken care of)

-Mixer: either a Makie DFX12 or a Yamaha MG12/4FX

-Delta 66

-Cakewalk Home Studio 2 XL

Each mixer I chose both has pre amps and Phantom Power for the mics so I dont think I need anything for those. If I forgot something really important, please let me know.
Thanks a bunch
-Neil

looks pretty good man. you will be happy with cakewalk software, it is awsome, there is a good upgrade path to sonar if you feel you need it too.

one question though, you have monitors? you are gonna need something to hear your recordings and monitors really make a world of differnce compared to speakers. speakers will work though if you are strapped for cash.

Well right now I have Boss computer speakers and a pair of good head phones I was going to use those till after the holidays because im just making it with money. I hope to get some alittle while after though. :D

metal. you didnt detail your computer configuration ?
memory ? processor ? drives ?
as always the software i recommend, and i would at least try it before making a final decision on multitrack software is powertracks.
particularly as the new release includes a lot of new features particularly aimed at vocalists. heres the link, and you can view a video overview.
cakewalk puts out good products. but ive a feeling youll be very impressed with what i use as well....
http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm
people on this forum like steve350 and several others have posted back to me how they were amazed with it. but you have to get into it deeply to realise a lot of its subtle features. peace.

also - if were me , i would be tempted to go with the yamaha mixer.
you can also build your own microphones very cheaply using panasonic mic capsules. if you want some extra utility mics. a highly rated article is
called the tapeop mic diy article. just google to find it,peace.
ps..for monitors look closely at yorkvilles. highly respected.

Back