Remember the Rumble threads?

Thanx man...But I just couldn't find the right position to play in. it always sounded to Keef for the feel of your groove.

EXACTLY. I played in D for a while but it wasn't right. Then I went down to B ( I don't know if it's really "D" and "B" I'm talking about, but I mean playing that basic blues scale at the 10th and then the 7th fret, if that makes sense). Neither sounded wrong, but neither sounded right.:(
How are you reading notation?

Attachments

• rd_shps_1st_pos_d_maj_tab.gif
    rd_shps_1st_pos_d_maj_tab.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 69
How are you reading notation?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Stop it, man...you're killing me. :D :D :D :D

No but seriously, I got the chords (D,G,A,D if I remember correctly). I was able to play in key. I just didn't like what I was coming up with. It was just too basic rock playing for what you had, which needs something very melodic and bouncy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Stop it, man...you're killing me. :D :D :D :D

No but seriously, I got the chords (D,G,A,D if I remember correctly). I was able to play in key. I just didn't like what I was coming up with. It was just too basic rock playing for what you had, which needs something very melodic and bouncy.
I was only playing around. I know better... :D

Ha Ha-this one turned out totally Sloppilicious, I pulled out the old Fernandes Frankenstrat and after a few takes, snapped a string..:rolleyes: Grabbed the Splattercaster and decided it was an omen so I did one sloppy take and here it is. Oh, I added some skanky rhythm guitars too!
It's all the Gearbox silver bundle that Line 6 is upgrading to Gold-nice of those guys..and the racket at the end of the song is the string snapping~:mad:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6850708

Ha Ha-this one turned out totally Sloppilicious, I pulled out the old Fernandes Frankenstrat and after a few takes, snapped a string..:rolleyes: Grabbed the Splattercaster and decided it was an omen so I did one sloppy take and here it is. Oh, I added some skanky rhythm guitars too!
It's all the Gearbox silver bundle that Line 6 is upgrading to Gold-nice of those guys..and the racket at the end of the song is the string snapping~:mad:

Sheeeeeet, that still sounded really cool. The little funktified (is that a word? I've been doing that a lot lately...) rhythm part really brings this track out.

Nice job Tony!

good stuff everyone - I downloaded it too. This is a long weekend, so I might be able to give it a shot

Great job on all three posted so far... I was going to do this, but I'm not sure I'd add a darn thing. Very cool stuff there already!

Sounds good, seems you also chose the major scale. Nice touch with the backing guitar.

Sounds good, seems you also chose the major scale. Nice touch with the backing guitar.

Yeah, all of that just seemed to come out when I was listening to the changes-I guess it just gave it a more organic feeling than the synthesizers were providing. I was choking the 1st chord and these harmonics started pouring out so I went with it.

By the way Riffmaster, that is one sharp looking Les Paul on your Soundclick site-great burl in the maple top-is that one of the chambered guitars?

Don't let that stop you, Bob. You are one hell of a shredder... why not try an arpeggio solo al a George Lynch? ;)

Don't let that stop you, Bob. You are one hell of a shredder... why not try an arpeggio solo al a George Lynch? ;)

Dude--don't set the bar too high! You'll scare me away for sure! :D

If I get far enough along on my garage/drywall project (and don't cut any important fingers off in the process) I'll have a go at it.

I didn't set the bar... mixmkr, Tony and Rob did that. :rolleyes:

I was just offering a different route.

Don't cut any fingers off or breath too much of that drywall dust.

I didn't set the bar... mixmkr, Tony and Rob did that. :rolleyes:

I was just offering a different route.

Don't cut any fingers off or breath too much of that drywall dust.

I know they did--but then you call me a shredder and suggest an arpeggio solo! Just for that--I'm recording a banjo solo for this one! :D

/Note to self: must get a banjo.../

I know they did--but then you call me a shredder and suggest an arpeggio solo! Just for that--I'm recording a banjo solo for this one! :D

/Note to self: must get a banjo.../
LOL! :D

You could do it on a accordian if you want to! As long as you post...

Back