Remember the Rumble threads?

Ha Ha-this one turned out totally Sloppilicious, I pulled out the old Fernandes Frankenstrat and after a few takes, snapped a string..:rolleyes: Grabbed the Splattercaster and decided it was an omen so I did one sloppy take and here it is. Oh, I added some skanky rhythm guitars too!
It's all the Gearbox silver bundle that Line 6 is upgrading to Gold-nice of those guys..and the racket at the end of the song is the string snapping~:mad:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6850708

That was rocking, too. Man, I can see how a producer or project like Steely Dan can have trouble deciding on a track. These are all awesome in different ways.

That was rocking, too. Man, I can see how a producer or project like Steely Dan can have trouble deciding on a track. These are all awesome in different ways.
That's why I love posting these. You really get a broad range of talent and creativity.

I hope a few more people join in.

That's why I love posting these. You really get a broad range of talent and creativity.

I hope a few more people join in.

I'd love to join in but the hard drive on my recording machine took a major dump. Luckily it's still under warranty but it will be awhile before I'm up and recording again. SIGH :(

I'd love to join in but the hard drive on my recording machine took a major dump. Luckily it's still under warranty but it will be awhile before I'm up and recording again. SIGH :(
That blows. But I feel your pain. I don't know if you have come across it, but I've posted in a few thread about accidentally plugging my MR-8 into a 220v outlet and frying it. So now I have to wait about 6 months (mama's orders) to get a new machine. I am going to look at the Tascam 2488. :cool:

Hate to hear about it.....my condolences:(

Attachments

• s hard drive tombstone.jpg
    s hard drive tombstone.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 20
My 22 month old helped - she danced and helped me position the slide. Those little arms and hands are much stronger than they look. She likes the result :)

We're not limited to one entry, right?

Hey Antichef, that is really cool-it has a Spaghetti Western movie theme song vibe going for it, you've got the guitar sounding a lot like a baritone! I can imagine Clint Eastwood vanishing into the sunset.

Attachments

• Into tne sunset.bmp
    51.6 KB · Views: 42
My 22 month old helped - she danced and helped me position the slide. Those little arms and hands are much stronger than they look. She likes the result :)

Cool! A diffrent approach, probably the most fitting entry yet. By the end I was ready to order a pina colada.

Alright! Now we are getting somewhere. This is the longest thread I have ever started... even though there are only a few entries and a whole lot of my nonsense here.

I am digging this. I wish I would have posted the idea sooner.

Bring on some more!

No limits on how many times you want to try it. No limits on instrumentation either! Show us what you've got!

lo-fi effort

This one was really a ghetto production...I apologize, but I really wanted to try.

I couldn't figure out how to get an mp3 onto my tape deck...so, I stuck some mics in front of the pc and recorded the backing track directly to tape, but the deck was running slow, so on playback, it is faster than the original...sigh :o.

So here is my super lo-fi entry...I kinda went in a totally different direction.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=660667&songID=6854317

This one was really a ghetto production...I apologize, but I really wanted to try.

I couldn't figure out how to get an mp3 onto my tape deck...so, I stuck some mics in front of the pc and recorded the backing track directly to tape, but the deck was running slow, so on playback, it is faster than the original...sigh :o.

So here is my super lo-fi entry...I kinda went in a totally different direction.

That was a very cool version-really Twang-a-rific! Was that a Fender on there or a guitar I would never expect????

You country-fied it! :D :D :D :D

Really nice, lo-fi and all!

Very cool! Puts a huge smile on my face just listening to that one!

Man I love that one too. This is fun! Great tone you got out of that guitar--here comes a slide (is that a lap steel). Just awesome!

I've enjoyed all of the versions too :) (for different reasons) - so many different approaches.

That was a very cool version-really Twang-a-rific! Was that a Fender on there or a guitar I would never expect????

That was a 68 gibson sg special into a 65 ampeg reverberocket amp.

Back