let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Hanging instruments on the wall is aesthetically pleasing & all BUT how are they with things like sympathetic vibrations, resonance etc? Will/can/do/ought/should they affect audio in the space?

If they vibrate against a wall while youre trying to track or mix, yeah that sux.... Stick a piece of auralex behind it, finally foam is useful for something! I have some guitars hanging on the wall and I never noticed any resonance or whatever, but I imagine room size, amount of absorption, guitar density, and about a gajillion other factors are at play there, so I may just be lucky.

Hello,

Here is my new little home recording studio - as You can see it is mainly analog and I have to do some acoustic treatment in control room, but work is getting near the end.

img9671a.jpg

img9673d.jpg

img9685c.jpg

img9688s.jpg

img9675t.jpg

Nice cozy looking space,...yummy analog gear too,...it's coming back baby!
Are you going to install some acoustical treatment in the control room in the future.

Hi, thanks :) I'm installing it as we speak. I already treated side walls, I'm building a difusor for the back wall, bass traps for corners, and I'll see what I can do about the ceiling.

P.S. I really hope it's coming back, cause it sounds wonderfull :)

I'm in the process of moving to a new location. The control is nearly complete. The tracking room is about 75% and I'm building a vocal booth that is about 50% complete. Here is a pic of the new control room...ControlRoomAfter(sm).jpg

Back