let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
yea..."Home Studio"

In so deep you gotta wear a ski jacket to keep warm cuz you can't pay the heat bill :D

Now, I did say I like neat...that qualifies as neat!

Dude...that really your work space?

We can be friends right?

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
:eek:

:confused:

Age...19 ...riiiiiight :rolleyes:

LOL.

you guys can't take a joke. you actually thought i was being serious? i thought the smiley might have given it away.

man i'm still laughing. no this isn't my home studio, but this one of about 4 studios i get free use of 24/7, as they are in the univeristy i study Sound Technology at..

EDIT: and on top of that to give me neg rep.....now you're just being childish. i guess i might be pissed if my internet life was all that important to me..instead, i'm just going to have a nice big laugh at your expense.

MessianicDreams said:
LOL.

you guys can't take a joke. you actually thought i was being serious? i thought the smiley might have given it away.

man i'm still laughing. no this isn't my home studio, but this one of about 4 studios i get free use of 24/7, as they are in the univeristy i study Sound Technology at..

EDIT: and on top of that to give me neg rep.....now you're just being childish. i guess i might be pissed if my internet life was all that important to me..instead, i'm just going to have a nice big laugh at your expense.

Blah, blah .. You have opportunities, I don't... end of story... :mad:

I like feedback too but, the beagle just goes nuts so, I keep it to a minimum :D

I really like the built in wrap around desktop. You do that yourself? The mixer is looking large by huge. Can't make out which flavor it is. Neat and clean...as you may know, I like neat and clean. Some say it's a compulsion...I can't comment since I don't know what that means :p .

Nice place

hehe, cheers. yeh i built the desk with my dad, few days off and on work. was a hell of a job getting the mdf back from the store. strapped it to the roof! used laminate flooring for the surface. its basically a 2x4" timber frame around the edge with diagonals and the legs are 4x4 i believe. and then an edge to finish it off. Nice and chunky looking. The mixer is a seck 1882 from the late 80s. i got it a few days ago. in extremely good nick. manual is mint (hard to believe) so i when i come to sell it, should get a good price. the previous owner had the faders replaced with yamaha ones. can't fault it yet. vast improvment over the behringer i had.

i like neat and clean also. these pictures were taken a day after a recording session. so imagine what its like when its been cleaned out.

cheers
toby

and on top of that to give me neg rep.
You deserve it :mad: However, I didn't give you anything but my opinion , which NOW turns out to be correct, smily or not. What a jerk. My respect is reserved for those who BUST THEIR ASS to save, plan, build and basically DIY their studios. NOT those who post COMMERCIAL/INSTITUTIONAL studios as their own, and then post a smiley as if we are clarvoyants.Your age gave you away, unless you were born with a silver spoon up your ass.

'm just going to have a nice big laugh at your expense.
Laugh at this one dickhead.

Since you are in Switzerland, the only silver spoons there are from Nazi silver/gold hidden by thieving Swiss bankers, so eat shit fuckface. :rolleyes:

Right now I have come across an extremely nice opportunity...basically I'm making a nice studio for pretty cheap. It's intresting though because I don't have all the fancy equipment all of you have. I'm pretty much going to be working with Adobe Audition 5.1 PreSonus firepod, Lexicon Omega, and some shure mics (SM57s and Beta 52a, and an SM58). The way I figure it, is that with this set up, my quality boils down to my tracking room acoustics. I'll post some pictures in the future about the process, some before and after pics in a few weeks. Let me know what other equipment you guys would recomend (snakes, compressors, anything really).

MessianicDreams said:
LOL.

Four letters,
L
I
P
A

I have my audition in a few weeks!

Cult_Status02 said:
Right now I have come across an extremely nice opportunity...basically I'm making a nice studio for pretty cheap. It's intresting though because I don't have all the fancy equipment all of you have. I'm pretty much going to be working with Adobe Audition 5.1 PreSonus firepod, Lexicon Omega, and some shure mics (SM57s and Beta 52a, and an SM58). The way I figure it, is that with this set up, my quality boils down to my tracking room acoustics. I'll post some pictures in the future about the process, some before and after pics in a few weeks. Let me know what other equipment you guys would recomend (snakes, compressors, anything really).

Yo Cult_Status,

Don't worry about having all the fancy equipment. Good recording has a large part to do with the talent that operates the equipment.

What you're proposing is an excellent setup. I too use a Firepod with Sonar 5.0. I have the Shure mics you listed and a Rode NT1 and NT5s. I would also recommend a headphone amp and some headphones if you will be recording bands (tracking all at once). Don't forget to decide on monitors - good monitors are very important, but if it's not in your budget right away, start learning the art of recording with a stereo. Some good cheap headphones are the MoreMe headphones that Harvey Gerst speaks highly of: http://www.frontendaudio.com/MoreMe_Studio_Headphones_p/1798.htm

As you said, room acoustics are very important. Check around this section of the forum for lots of info. www.ethanwiner.com/acoustic.html is a great place to start. Basically, you need a combination of bass traps and broadband absorbers to treat your room. I also constructed/still am constructing some gobos to separate sounds while recording. Right now I have 8 broadband (2x4) absorbers on my walls, along with 4 2x4 gobos that I set up around drums and guitars. I'm in the process of making 2x6 gobos that will move together to create a quasi-vocal booth. I think modularity is very important in home studios where rooms are often multi-functional. Pictures of some of what I mentioned above are here:

http://www.wackyville.tv/will/acousticpanels/acoustic.html

If you decide to do something similar, I would just suggested using 1x4s for the gobos, because these things are beasts to move in and out of storage/set up by myself!

Hope that helps a bit.

Milkman

greenroomstudios5ev.jpg

hows that mac mini coping with your audio alecmcmahon? i was thinking of getting one myself but instead got an ibook, then went back to using a PC for the power.

oh and sorry for saying switzerland has the highest GDP, its actually luxemberg (spelling?)

vintagetobes said:
hows that mac mini coping with your audio alecmcmahon? i was thinking of getting one myself but instead got an ibook, then went back to using a PC for the power.

oh and sorry for saying switzerland has the highest GDP, its actually luxemberg (spelling?)

actually, i like it quite alot...

im running it with Pro Tools 7 LE , and it works just fine.

not slow by any means...

This is my new control room/office. The curtains are going to be changed. Left monitor is a video monitor so I can see my tracking rooms via a camera. The two other monitors are hooked up to the computer. The speakers are wharfedale 8.2 actives. Paint color is much darker then these pictures lead you to believe.

LeftSmall.jpg

CenterSmall.jpg

Grey Matt??

stray411 said:
Rick,

I guess because most of us in the Hip-Hop/Electronica forum are more concerned with gear than studio construction, room acoustics and treatments, which seem to be of paramount concern in this forum. Don't get me wrong, I find discussions about these topics very interesting, but I'm a long way from there.

If you look at my studio pics you'll see my sound treatment, grey carpet pad from Home Depot. I figured you guys would just laugh at something like that.

Stray

Hi,

I don't have a camera, it's about time I did. This all looks great. Grey Matt no problem!!

Yea I wanna get that foam stuff for the wall, egg crates look soo cheezy
KC
Glass Tree Sound

Back