Les Paul Refinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am incapable of letting slander and libel from belligerent internet troublemakers be fabricated against me without defending myself. Were you the schoolyard bully also?

lol you are incapable of anything. You are obviously trolling because you simply refuse to answer a single question asked of you. You are a fraud a liar and a troll... You have been banned here twice so your only motivate to return is to stir up shit...

We can do without your kind here. Or anywhere for that matter..

lol you are incapable of anything. You are obviously trolling because you simply refuse to answer a single question asked of you. You are a fraud a liar and a troll... You have been banned here twice so your only motivate to return is to stir up shit...

We can do without your kind here. Or anywhere for that matter..

I am here to share my experiences, opinions and knowledge with other considerate people who also enjoy recording and guitars. It seems your agenda is "bespoke" with a certain manipulation of the facts. Your assuming, fabricated commentary about myself and my capabilities are an attempt to belittle me. It doesn't seem to be working out for you.

Why are you saying it is a stupid thing to do? That is kind of a stupid response to a simple question. So do you think Mr Muttley Waters is wrong in saying it damages fretboards? I have clicked the link, it is the same old thread with no specific answers.

I'm saying it's a stupid thing to do because it's unnecessarily messy and an ignorant, sloppy solution to a minor problem that can easily be remedied by just being a cleaner person, wiping the neck with a clean dry rag, and changing your strings as part of routine maintenance.

I don't think muttley is wrong. My own personal belief based off of simple common sense is that in the long run powder could potentially damage a fretboard that has a looser, more open grain like rosewood. The powder could potentially get in those cracks and build up, get moist from gunk and grime and sweat, and trap that moisture in the wood and possibly do some damage over the long term. Not to mention it looks like shit.

By all means, please continue to gunk yourself and your guitar with powder because Jeff Beck does it. I will continue to think you're an ignorant, foolish n00b for doing so.

I am incapable of letting slander and libel from belligerent internet troublemakers be fabricated against me without defending myself. Were you the schoolyard bully also?

Not at all. Were you the know-it-all douche that routinely got stuffed into lockers?

What's telling about this is that a regular, genuine, honest, mentally stable human being that doesn't have an agenda or ulterior motives would not dance around the issue. He would either man up and be honest, or just walk away and not care if nameless faceless people on the internet disagree with him. Victim Pete Leveillee is incapable of both.

I'm saying it's a stupid thing to do because it's unnecessarily messy and an ignorant, sloppy solution to a minor problem that can easily be remedied by just being a cleaner person, wiping the neck with a clean dry rag, and changing your strings as part of routine maintenance.

I don't think muttley is wrong. My own personal belief based off of simple common sense is that in the long run powder could potentially damage a fretboard that has a looser, more open grain like rosewood. The powder could potentially get in those cracks and build up, get moist from gunk and grime and sweat, and trap that moisture in the wood and possibly do some damage over the long term.

By all means, please continue to gunk yourself and your guitar with powder because Jeff Beck does it. I will continue to think you're an ignorant, foolish n00b for doing so.

Your response is based on assumptions only. None of those scenarios occurs. Just because you don't use powder doesn't mean it is stupid because someone else does. How old are you, this is something that would be expected of nursery school children.

This is where he learned about stripping the guitar

Stripping a Les Paul - Gibson Guitar Board

Obviously he has years of experience knowledge and opinions to share.... On this subject it goes back nearly a month...

I have many years doing refinishing, My skills were not acquired in a month, if they were it would be rather impressive wouldn't it? I was using a new kind of stripper and was not assuming anything. I have used heat guns in the past and wanted to avoid any kind of heat damage on this practically new guitar.

Yup, so apparently it's a severe personality flaw with Pete Leveillee.

Yep, unless you agree with his dumb shit you get his victim routine straight off the bat...

Like this when some one said this

Yo Pete, I could have gone all day or week without seeing those pics [scared] ....Oh well, at leat its not 'vintage'......Good Luck!
I look forward (ugh) to seeing the end results..... [smile]

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_diKw9F6t3U

I guess that you are only stripping the top?....or does the color of the rest of it bother you also?

....I know!....its your guitar and you will do as you please. Got it [thumbup]

Here's what he got in response...:laughings:

It is simple really, you can "Unsubscribe" from this thread. Your comment is not qualified for an "At least" response. This situation is an "At most" situation, the wood is going to look awesome. I am only stripping the obnoxious gold off the top, the back is a nice stained mahogany and the neck is plain maple which will darken with age I hope. What "bothers" me is your arrogant response, like I need your approval or something. As far as "Vintage", I don't subscribe to all that pretentious nonsense about old guitars being some holy grail entity, they are old musical instruments with some history, and that is all. One of my earlier refinishing jobs was to strip and refinish a 1966 Fender Precision for the owner who had it new since he was 16. We changed all hardware to gold, new pick guard, installed a BadAss bridge, and active pickups that required me to rout in a battery compartment. Some joker told me if I was a "reputable" guitar shop I would refuse to do such work. What I refuse to do is not accommodate my customers. The owner absolutely loves his improved Precision bass to this day.

PS: I am applying "stripper" to the guitar, not "smasher".

Your response is based on assumptions only. None of those scenarios occurs. Just because you don't use powder doesn't mean it is stupid because someone else does. How old are you, this is something that would be expected of nursery school children.

Not assumption, basic common sense. The powder does get into those cracks. It will get into your string windings. How can it not? And powder will absorb moisture. That's what it does! Body powder's only purpose in life is to absorb moisture. Do you like trapping moisture in your fretboards? You don't have to be a master luthier to know that water trapped in wood is a bad thing. So yeah, using powder on your guitar is a fucking stupid thing to do. And yeah, it probably is bad for it. And yeah, you are an ignorant n00b for doing it.

Yep, unless you agree with his dumb shit you get his victim routine straight off the bat...

Like this when some one said this

Here's what he got in response...:laughings:

Yes, massive overreactions and extreme butthurt are his only responses to anyone that disagrees with him. Pete Leveillee must live a sad, lonely, pitiful life. :(

What's telling about this is that a regular, genuine, honest, mentally stable human being that doesn't have an agenda or ulterior motives would not dance around the issue. He would either man up and be honest, or just walk away and not care if nameless faceless people on the internet disagree with him. Victim Pete Leveillee is incapable of both.

Not at all. Were you the know-it-all douche that routinely got stuffed into lockers?

Nope, I refuse to let you bullies try to degrade me, it actually makes me stronger and wiser dealing with you ruthless troublemakers

Yup, so apparently it's a severe personality flaw with Pete Leveillee.

It is funny how you can find the same belligerent know-it-alls all over the internet, it is a curious phenomena. It is no ones business what any guitar owner wants to do with his own guitar.

Yes, massive overreactions and extreme butthurt are his only responses to anyone that disagrees with him. Pete Leveillee must live a sad, lonely, pitiful life. :(

The guy wasn't even being critical. He just said it was "ugg", it is..... An opinion no less. I thought we were all allowed to express those or is it just VP...:laughings:

It is funny how you can find the same belligerent know-it-alls all over the internet, it is a curious phenomena. It is no ones business what any guitar owner wants to do with his own guitar.

That right there should be telling you something about yourself and your attitude.....:rolleyes:

The guy wasn't even being critical. He just said it was "ugg", it is..... An opinion no less. I thought we were all allowed to express those...:laughings:

Expressing opinions are okay, expressing slander and libel are not. I don't think you understand the difference. BTW, how come I cant find your contact information on your insufficient website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back