Lemontree's colaboration thread...I need your help!

LemonTree said:
finaly...., I'm back

spent all saturday and sunday at the hospital.

On monday I couldn't get online. Thought I had a modem problem so I called my ISP, they talked me through all the shit I already know and we decided the modem was dead. They sent out a new one which arriver 20 minutes ago.....DEAD, or so I thought till I plugged a phone into the extension in here and the whole bloody line was dead. Seems I caught the extension cable in the door last week sometime and stripped off all the plastic so the wires were touching :mad: :o :mad: :o :mad: :o :mad: :(

So I have a new extension in now AND a spare modem :D

I should have worked on the mix with no lead guitar but I've been busy. Girlfriend's mother had a heart attack, then another one while she was in the hospital. She's stable now but things don't look very good.

I'll get to work on this and get posting as soon as I can.

Snake & Dogman....very different vocal takes from what I had in mind for this tune but as I mentioned I may have someone here to do the vocals.....not sure yet.

True....seen your posts but no links to your version so I couldn't listen :confused:

I'll get on this ASAP

good to be back,

Alec

Good to see you back man, and best wishes on your situation.

LemonTree said:
finaly...., I'm back

On monday I couldn't get online. Thought I had a modem problem so I called my ISP, they talked me through all the shit I already know and we decided the modem was dead. They sent out a new one which arriver 20 minutes ago.....DEAD, or so I thought till I plugged a phone into the extension in here and the whole bloody line was dead. Seems I caught the extension cable in the door last week sometime and stripped off all the plastic so the wires were touching :mad: :o :mad: :o :mad: :o :mad: :(

I should have worked on the mix with no lead guitar but I've been busy. Girlfriend's mother had a heart attack, then another one while she was in the hospital. She's stable now but things don't look very good.

Snake & Dogman....very different vocal takes from what I had in mind for this tune but as I mentioned I may have someone here to do the vocals.....not sure yet.

True....seen your posts but no links to your version so I couldn't listen :confused:

I'll get on this ASAP

good to be back,

Alec
Hey Alec!! Glad all is better now, but sad it may get worse....I am hoping for a miracle.

Yeah...I took it down. I was going to take out some reverb, but then I the more I messed with it the worse it got...I also somehow keep cutting the song off when I mix and convert....oh well, I put it back up for a listen..*warning...keep volume at low levels!* :eek: :D

LemonTree said:
finaly...., I'm back

I'll get on this ASAP

good to be back,

Alec

Great to hear from ya Alec........All the best to ya! :)

LemonTree said:
Sorry this has taken so long to get around to...hope the buzz hasn't worn off.

Here's the backing with just drums, bass and minimal guitar Deception Backing track

Hey Lemon,

I love the guitar you have throughout the song already. Can you post me a mix with just the lead guitar taken out of the solo section! :)

Thanx
Gorty :)

Gorty said:
Hey Lemon,

I love the guitar you have throughout the song already. Can you post me a mix with just the lead guitar taken out of the solo section! :)

Thanx
Gorty :)

Jeez Groty, they were all just scratch tracks man :D If I do is there any chance you can post up just a high quality mp3 of your solo somewhere so I can slot it in the final mix?

I was impressed with True's vocals too. I liked her ad lib style but would love to hear her try a full take with the verses coming in at the right places and get a hold of a DRY copy of her voice to work with.

I still think this could be a monster tune.... I'll get on ANOTHER mix with just the solo taken out but that last one up there is guitar bare if anyone else wants to try something over the top.

I was actualy thinking of a hammond organ in the change before the solo D, E, G, E, D, C, B.... <~~ that part

here we go again.....

DECEPTION with no guitar solo A quick mix for the lead guitarists wanting to do a solo only at 3:49 to 4:16

I still fancy a hammond organ sound in at 3:36 till the solo starts at 3:49...maybe even come in 4 bars before at 3:22??

LemonTree said:
Jeez Groty, they were all just scratch tracks man :D If I do is there any chance you can post up just a high quality mp3 of your solo somewhere so I can slot it in the final mix?

I was impressed with True's vocals too. I liked her ad lib style but would love to hear her try a full take with the verses coming in at the right places and get a hold of a DRY copy of her voice to work with.

I still think this could be a monster tune.... I'll get on ANOTHER mix with just the solo taken out but that last one up there is guitar bare if anyone else wants to try something over the top.

I was actualy thinking of a hammond organ in the change before the solo D, E, G, E, D, C, B.... <~~ that part

Hey Lemon,

Sorry for being a pain in the ass but I quite like what you have going with the guitars there!

I'll do a solo and post it up for ya!
I'm getting behind in my collabs!!!! :o

Gorty said:
Hey Lemon,

Sorry for being a pain in the ass but I quite like what you have going with the guitars there!

I'll do a solo and post it up for ya!
I'm getting behind in my collabs!!!! :o

Cool man, great

Thanks for the kind words Lemon!! I will try it dry. :eek:

I am bad about ad-libbing....sorry. About the coming in part...everyone knows how you can tell your vocalist is at the door....they never know when to come in!!!! :D :D :D

I love your tune..it moves me.

Can't wait to do it over again.

true-eurt said:
Thanks for the kind words Lemon!! I will try it dry. :eek:

I am bad about ad-libbing....sorry. About the coming in part...everyone knows how you can tell your vocalist is at the door....they never know when to come in!!!! :D :D :D

I love your tune..it moves me.

Can't wait to do it over again.

Can't wait to hear it!

LemonTree said:
Jeez Groty, they were all just scratch tracks man :D If I do is there any chance you can post up just a high quality mp3 of your solo somewhere so I can slot it in the final mix?...

Hey Lemon,

I can post you a wav file if you prefer?

Groty :D

Hey Lemon,

Here is a scratch solo track I mixed up for "Deception".

Have a listen and let me know if this is in line with what you have in mind for your tune!
If you are interested, I will re-track and I can post you a wav file of the solo track to your e-mail address.

"Deception Guitar Solo"

Groty :)

GROTY!!!!! :D :D :D

Kick ass ala geetarmeister fingerwork r00!!! :cool:

I would have got my fingers entangled in the strings, had I attempted that!!

Nice one Kev...

~tr00wi~..xo :)

Gorty....I have listened over and over...and I must say..I am very impressed!!!

I am still listening...I should know your lead part by heart!!! :D

true-eurt said:
GROTY!!!!! :D :D :D

Kick ass ala geetarmeister fingerwork r00!!! :cool:

I would have got my fingers entangled in the strings, had I attempted that!!

Nice one Kev...

~tr00wi~..xo :)

Thanx True!........I'm glad you like!!! :)

Back