Lemontree's colaboration thread...I need your help!

Dogman said:
I'm gonna try, but I guarantee it will blow.... :eek:

I'm currently all over this tonight... I'll send him a demo tomorrow morning and maybe he'll like it :D

Haha, I'm actually singing tonight... I haven't done that in a while.. lately with my songs it's been either rapping or yelling or a combo :D :D :D

SnakeDog5050 said:
I'm currently all over this tonight... I'll send him a demo tomorrow morning and maybe he'll like it :D

Haha, I'm actually singing tonight... I haven't done that in a while.. lately with my songs it's been either rapping or yelling or a combo :D :D :D

can't wait

SnakeDog5050 said:

Your last one sounded pretty good Snake. you got a nice room sound into the vox. I liked it.

LemonTree said:
ok, I have this song I wrote about 20 years ago. It was once recorded with a really bad band I was in about 16 years ago...just a live demo, pretty poor.

Anyway, I've retracked the whole song, I played bass on the original...and everything everything on this one. The drums are just a rough outline, actualy everything is at this point......

My guitaring sucks and I can't sing. I need a solo at the 3:40 mark but any aditional guitars are welcome. If you want to sing it you can do it in any style you like. I just wanna see where this one goes.....

here's the lyrics...

The face I give you
Is always the same
threatned by fear
blinded by gain
be under no illusion
feel the pain
we're all in the picture
we're all in the game

This place I take you
is misery and pain
shelter from the sun
hide from the rain
mass of unemployment
faces show the strain
we're all in the picture
we're all in the game

everything I give to you
everything I need from you
everything I want from you
everything you know is true
everything I give to you

If I could give you a whole new world
to see the stars this night
I'd take away your fears tomorrow
and fill your heart's delight

the love you give me
drives me insane
throw away the key
and feel no pain
flashes in my mind
engraved in my brain
we're all in the picture
we're all in the game

everything I give to you
everything I give to you

The face I give you
Is always the same
threatned by fear
blinded by gain
be under no illusion
feel the pain
we're all in the picture
we're all in the game

we're all in the picture
we're all in the game
we're all in the picture
we're all in the game

Here's the music I have so far DECEPTION

I managed to dig up the original for a vocal guide .. HERE This is just for time guides, you can sing any style or melody you want to it.

So, who's in?

I have everything on seperate tracks so I can bounce you a mix of whatever you need like drums n bass line for the guitarists, vocalists should get by with what's already there.

Let's make some music!

Hey Lemon,

If you could put up a mix with everything you have except the guitar solo at 3:40.
I went to dabble last nite and realised the lead break was on the mix I downloaded!

Thanx Lemon!

Gorty said:
Hey SnakeDude, Do some of your guitaring too man....!!!

Haha, I'm putting more effort into vocals than usual here... why? well because I broke my guitar earlier this week :eek: :rolleyes: :D yeah, overall the pickups are falling off, the cord connection doesn't work, the wammy is broken... to sum it up.. I need a new guitar ;)

Lemon...I just have to post my thoughts here...

I have been listening to this song pretty much all day today...wanting to get the feel of it. I listened to the original twice and the revised one ....well, I lost count... :D

You mentioned in your first post, that you had played everything on the revision. You should have done that on the first one....cept the vocals were pretty good.

The difference in the two recordings amazes me. And not just the recording, but the talent also.

The guitar playing in no way sucks, but is rather excellent.

Your lyrics and song structure is ingenius in my opinion.

The drums are well executed to my ears....if this is your idea of a rough outline....then the finished product will be a gem!!! :cool:

I know I don't seem to hear the same thing you guys do on these recordings, so I tend to be less critical. But you also must remember...neither will any of the reg folks, who only want to listen....They won't notice those tiny EQ problems or notice that slight lack of creamy, milky, layered on sound... :eek: :D

They will however notice the talent and heart that went into melding these
awesome kick ass sounds, bringing them togather as a finished work of passion.

Shit...I should be a professional critic...I write awesome reviews!!! :D :D

And I have listened to a lot of talent here in the clinic..r00..you definately kick ass with your combination headcutting, wanking, and wah...Dog...you truely amaze me as to the sudden surge of guitar prowess you have displayed....you got a headcutting midget in there? :eek:
Snake..you are the 80's funk king....Tim..you truely are the classy romantic gurly magnate!!!...Rami...and his funky dance sounds that get cha going.....DavidK ...bringing cultured sounds of Epic proportions...Incanus and Supercreep...enchanting us with the sounds from an Era of change....Space....from out there yonder.... Cellar...the dark siblance lord....metalhead....the Vincent Price of wanking.....just to name a few...I could go on and on ...I am hoping we can entice Wilko in here...his lyrical lilting sounds of fancifulness...and all you other guys that hang in here.

You each have your own niche' that is full of talent...maybe some needing more polishing than others...but man..it is there!! I fuking love you guys!!!!! I am honored to do anything with you.....do ya all think maybe I have had a weeee bit toooo much red-beer?....if you only knew how many ******* times I had to type and retype this and all these little dots are making me dizzy!!!.....

Barman bring me and the meisters another round!!!! :D :D :D :D

SnakeDog5050 said:
Haha, I'm putting more effort into vocals than usual here... why? well because I broke my guitar earlier this week :eek: :rolleyes: :D yeah, overall the pickups are falling off, the cord connection doesn't work, the wammy is broken... to sum it up.. I need a new guitar ;)

That's shocking news SnakeDude!.....I hope ya get a new guitar real soon Dude! :( :)

true-eurt said:
Lemon...I just have to post my thoughts here...

I have been listening to this song pretty much all day today...wanting to get the feel of it. I listened to the original twice and the revised one ....well, I lost count... :D

You mentioned in your first post, that you had played everything on the revision. You should have done that on the first one....cept the vocals were pretty good.

The difference in the two recordings amazes me. And not just the recording, but the talent also.

The guitar playing in no way sucks, but is rather excellent.

Your lyrics and song structure is ingenius in my opinion.

The drums are well executed to my ears....if this is your idea of a rough outline....then the finished product will be a gem!!! :cool:

I know I don't seem to hear the same thing you guys do on these recordings, so I tend to be less critical. But you also must remember...neither will any of the reg folks, who only want to listen....They won't notice those tiny EQ problems or notice that slight lack of creamy, milky, layered on sound... :eek: :D

They will however notice the talent and heart that went into melding these
awesome kick ass sounds, bringing them togather as a finished work of passion.

Shit...I should be a professional critic...I write awesome reviews!!! :D :D

And I have listened to a lot of talent here in the clinic..r00..you definately kick ass with your combination headcutting, wanking, and wah...Dog...you truely amaze me as to the sudden surge of guitar prowess you have displayed....you got a headcutting midget in there? :eek:
Snake..you are the 80's funk king....Tim..you truely are the classy romantic gurly magnate!!!...Rami...and his funky dance sounds that get cha going.....DavidK ...bringing cultured sounds of Epic proportions...Incanus and Supercreep...enchanting us with the sounds from an Era of change....Space....from out there yonder.... Cellar...the dark siblance lord....metalhead....the Vincent Price of wanking.....just to name a few...I could go on and on ...I am hoping we can entice Wilko in here...his lyrical lilting sounds of fancifulness...and all you other guys that hang in here.

You each have your own niche' that is full of talent...maybe some needing more polishing than others...but man..it is there!! I fuking love you guys!!!!! I am honored to do anything with you.....do ya all think maybe I have had a weeee bit toooo much red-beer?....if you only knew how many ******* times I had to type and retype this and all these little dots are making me dizzy!!!.....

Barman bring me and the meisters another round!!!! :D :D :D :D

On behalf of all mentioned here True....Thanx for the comments and compliments and we are the lucky ones to have "YOU" (who is not shy of some brilliant vocal talent) to share our talents with.

Thanx again True!.......You are Awesome! :)

Gorty said:
On behalf of all mentioned here True....Thanx for the comments and compliments and we are the lucky ones to have "YOU" (who is not shy of some brilliant vocal talent) to share our talents with.

Thanx again True!.......You are Awesome! :)
Both Thanxoxo you and Welkom GOrty!!!

Truth is the gift of friends.....~Tr00wi~

Dogman said:
Ok, my first attempt at this. I think my pre was a bit loud, but I wasn't sure during tracking...... :confused: :o
Deception Scratch
Listening now Dog...it is a Dog classic!!! I am going to listen again!! :D
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Dog, you started out just a tee bit weak with the vocals, but then in true Dog fashion worked yourself right into a foaming frenzy!! I got scared!!! :eek: :D

Kudos!! Wild-dog!!!! :D :D :D That was truely great!!!

Thanks True. I only did 3 takes yesterday, just to try and get the timing down. I have no clue what to try and sing like, so will probably play with it a bit more today, just for fun. It's a cool song, and different than what I normall play with. :D

Dogman said:
Thanks True. I only did 3 takes yesterday, just to try and get the timing down. I have no clue what to try and sing like, so will probably play with it a bit more today, just for fun. It's a cool song, and different than what I normall play with. :D

Sweeeet Dawg! I'll post my demo in a few minutes... we both kind of took the song different ways, but we both started out kind of soft and ended up yelling :D Fun stuff...

If nobody else cuts a solo for ya I will give it a try.

The track you posted has a lead at 3:40. Do you have a mix without it?

SnakeDog5050 said:
Alrighty, here's last night's demo, what do you think? This was fun, so if you guys like it I wouldn't mind taking any tips and messing with it some more :D

Snake's Demo
http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadsong.cfm?id=3622307

starts out soft and picks up with each verse/chorus, and I did the female vocals :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Decent job man....the only thing I see you might look at, is some of the plosives when the song is quiet. Sounds like you were pretty close to your mic, without a pop filter. You mix with software don't you? If so, there is a plugin that you can get for free, it's called spitfish. It actually helps fix some of this pretty easily, if you need to go that route.

The rest of it sound fine....only the quiet part seemed to be affected by that.

Nice job man....sounds like you had fun like I did. How long did it take you to get the timing down? It always takes me a few tries, before I get into a rythum, on someone else's tune.
Sweet man... :D

Dogman said:
Decent job man....the only thing I see you might look at, is some of the plosives when the song is quiet. Sounds like you were pretty close to your mic, without a pop filter. You mix with software don't you? If so, there is a plugin that you can get for free, it's called spitfish. It actually helps fix some of this pretty easily, if you need to go that route.

The rest of it sound fine....only the quiet part seemed to be affected by that.

Nice job man....sounds like you had fun like I did. How long did it take you to get the timing down? It always takes me a few tries, before I get into a rythum, on someone else's tune.
Sweet man... :D

Thanks man, yeah I always get the hard "p" sounds when I record soft. The software editing later eliminates that, but I did very little mixing and editing on this since it was a just a demo and I wanted to see if I was going in the right direction. I'll fix that up later...
It took me a few tries of just singing along with it cranked it up, then I set up the software and recorded like 6 takes last night. Each take the timing/emotion usually gets better and better.
Peace dawg :D

Last edited:
SnakeDog5050 said:
Alrighty, here's last night's demo, what do you think? This was fun, so if you guys like it I wouldn't mind taking any tips and messing with it some more :D

Snake's Demo
http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadsong.cfm?id=3622307

starts out soft and picks up with each verse/chorus, and I did the female vocals :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Snakedoggy Superfly!!! The Shaft of the HR...oH yeaaaaaaah. Got those funky sounds goin' round!!! :cool:

After those chick vocals, ya better watch your back!!! :eek:

You be the new be the new "HOTTIE" on the block!!!....*I think I hear Gorty comin' now* :eek: :eek: :eek:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I layed down a vocal track a bit earlier...but I gotta go to work, so don't have time to put it up...Hey Dog, or anyone....how do I get a host for it, and do it so you guys don't have to go to the soundclick site, but straight to the tune and so I can put up? I know you told me once before, but I forget...I do that sometimes ya know...I already forget what I in this thread for to start with!! :D :D :D

Back