Lemontree's colaboration thread...I need your help!

ido1957 said:
True, You have a really great voice and it fits this tune perfectly. The verses sound fantastic, those are keepers. The vocals are panned way left in the mix in my headphones, I would recommend centering them some. I dig the reverb effect (I'm a Lexicon user too) but it might be a bit much, unless that's the effect you're going for (then just ignore that (lol)). Also the tune cut off towards the end in Soundclick, like you said - is that because it's > 128 size? :confused: :( .
Overall, I was very impressed with your take on this - excellent! :D :D
LMAO!! I have to send it to Dog before he bites me or something!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Thanks a million ido for your listen and comments..I am well known for oververbing!! :D It is kinda of like a mask to cover what I think is crappy!! :eek: ..... but I guess it is a bit too much!!

On the next take I will tone it down a bit....Thanks for the suggestion and maybe Dog can help me get the whole song up... :D

Dogman said:
Ok, my first attempt at this. I think my pre was a bit loud, but I wasn't sure during tracking...... :confused: :o
Deception Scratch

The vocals might be a tad hot at the very beginning but I think they sit very well in the mix once it gets going....But could one turn the first part down and not notice the volume difference later on?? maybe compression? :confused: (I'm such a newb lol)...
This goes in a totally different direction than True's. More of a rocker than her version. Amazing how the tune changes with different vocals. I like your effects/tone/fullness on this too. Love that last phrase ("..game") mucho growl man...good job!

SnakeDog5050 said:
Alrighty, here's last night's demo, what do you think? This was fun, so if you guys like it I wouldn't mind taking any tips and messing with it some more :D

Snake's Demo
http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadsong.cfm?id=3622307

starts out soft and picks up with each verse/chorus, and I did the female vocals :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Another fine take on this song, Snake. You're right, it starts out soft and gets stronger and stronger as it progresses, like a build up to a climax... :eek: :eek: :eek: Cool girly man vocals :D . You put your signature SnakeDog-ness on this one - cool man! :D :D :D

ido1957 said:
The vocals might be a tad hot at the very beginning but I think they sit very well in the mix once it gets going....But could one turn the first part down and not notice the volume difference later on?? maybe compression? :confused: (I'm such a newb lol)...
This goes in a totally different direction than True's. More of a rocker than her version. Amazing how the tune changes with different vocals. I like your effects/tone/fullness on this too. Love that last phrase ("..game") mucho growl man...good job!
Thanks man. Yeah, I could turn teh first part down, as It is a seperate piece. I actually retracked them, but haven't done a mix yet.

But, thanks for the words man. Much appreciated.
Ed

ido1957 said:
Another fine take on this song, Snake. You're right, it starts out soft and gets stronger and stronger as it progresses, like a build up to a climax... :eek: :eek: :eek: Cool girly man vocals :D . You put your signature SnakeDog-ness on this one - cool man! :D :D :D

Hey Ido, thanks for the review :) Cool you like the build, I might do another take with even more of a build, like kind of haunting and getting more and more upset...

Also, I updated the file like 30 minutes ago so I think you caught the new one... I leveled out the volumes a tad and removed the "p" sounds. I kind of fade out in the 2nd chorus, but that's not an editing problem... I was just running out of breath :D

true-eurt said:
LMAO!! I have to send it to Dog before he bites me or something!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

Thanks a million ido for your listen and comments..I am well known for oververbing!! :D It is kinda of like a mask to cover what I think is crappy!! :eek: ..... but I guess it is a bit too much!!

On the next take I will tone it down a bit....Thanks for the suggestion and maybe Dog can help me get the whole song up... :D
True...good version....ditch the verb!!! You don't need it. Just a hint might sit fine....but that is way too much. And set the vocals in the mix. They are too quiet.
Get er fixed girl.... :D

true-eurt said:
Okay...here is some scarey stuff!! Hahahahahahaa...hey, it is a fist time/one time tracking!! I wasn't quite sure where to go with it and I got lost on the words, so did some improvising....basically a lot of off key shit!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

And as would be expected...didn't know where to come in at! :D

Well shit, now I got to go back and do a 128 file...this one cuts off!! freak me in the morning barney!! :mad:

That rules True :D It sounds haunting and dark, which is very fitting for the tune. It does sound like you're singing this in a cave though. And i think you should move the vox to the center.
This has some seriously cool potential shark girl :D :cool: :D :cool:

Dogman said:
True...good version....ditch the verb!!! You don't need it. Just a hint might sit fine....but that is way too much. And set the vocals in the mix. They are too quiet.
Get er fixed girl.... :D
Thanks Dog...I knew you were gona say that, when I put it up....although it isn't the whole song on there. :(

Soundclick won't load the whole song...and I like the last half much better than the first...just like you and Snake...I heat up as I go.... :eek: :D I tried to send you the wave, because every mp3 I made is cut off, and my puter won't let me send..says too big. I will try GORTYs and if it doesn't work, then if someone has a puter with the ability for wave files , and Yahoo MSN....I can send a bigger file through it to them. This is a big pain in the butt. I am not giving up.

Dog...I cut the reverb on the new one I converted from 3.41 to 1.30... :eek: But I can't find the farking pans to do something about that...all I found in index of manual is pan something and isn't what I need. Choctaw just gave me a Cubase tutorial on CD, so that should help me out on some of this stuff!! :D

Thank goodness for Choctaw....get the crazy sharkbitch off your ass!!! :eek: :D

SnakeDog5050 said:
That rules True :D It sounds haunting and dark, which is very fitting for the tune. It does sound like you're singing this in a cave though. And i think you should move the vox to the center.
This has some seriously cool potential shark girl :D :cool: :D :cool:
Yo Snakedoggy!! Thanks so much for the listen and suggestions....A cave? LMAO!!! Maybe I should post it there!! :eek: :D

I know...I get verb crazy!! But man...all those effects are so much fun!! Ya should have heard the one with the Transelator or something like that on it....sounded like a scene from Scream!! :D Oh and one sounded likea pig sqealin' !! I thought of the movie Deliverance! :eek:

Okay...I am off to try GORYs thingie....

I downloaded it already.

Dogman said:
Ok, my first attempt at this. I think my pre was a bit loud, but I wasn't sure during tracking...... :confused: :o
Deception Scratch

Hey Dogman,

It is so weird listening to different versions of peoples takes on this tune!
The whole tune changes shape from singer to singer! Your vocals tend to lead this song into the darker realms of the days of RotoTillers and Weed Whackers.

Your vocals were probably sitting a little too proud of the overall mix, but I think that you suspected that!

You are starting to come out of this closet you have been inhabiting Dogman! Nicework! :)

Gorty said:
What do I need to do to be able to play tracks posted up on "Nowhere Radio"?

:confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:
You need to go up in the corner, and select a player. I select winamp, as that is what I use. Or just download the file, and use whatgever you want to.

Gorty said:
Hey Dogman,

It is so weird listening to different versions of peoples takes on this tune!
The whole tune changes shape from singer to singer! Your vocals tend to lead this song into the darker realms of the days of RotoTillers and Weed Whackers.

Your vocals were probably sitting a little too proud of the overall mix, but I think that you suspected that!

You are starting to come out of this closet you have been inhabiting Dogman! Nicework! :)
Thanks Gorty. I've been having trouble with this, as I can't seem to get the vox to sit well. They are either loud, or too quiet. I figure if Lemon likes something of mine, he will have to mis it, then tell me his secrets.... :D

Thanks again man.
Ed

Dogman said:
You need to go up in the corner, and select a player. I select winamp, as that is what I use. Or just download the file, and use whatgever you want to.

Thanx Dogman! :)

Dogman said:
Thanks Gorty. I've been having trouble with this, as I can't seem to get the vox to sit well. They are either loud, or too quiet. I figure if Lemon likes something of mine, he will have to mis it, then tell me his secrets.... :D

Thanks again man.
Ed

You are welkom Dogman!

finaly...., I'm back

spent all saturday and sunday at the hospital.

On monday I couldn't get online. Thought I had a modem problem so I called my ISP, they talked me through all the shit I already know and we decided the modem was dead. They sent out a new one which arriver 20 minutes ago.....DEAD, or so I thought till I plugged a phone into the extension in here and the whole bloody line was dead. Seems I caught the extension cable in the door last week sometime and stripped off all the plastic so the wires were touching :mad: :o :mad: :o :mad: :o :mad: :(

So I have a new extension in now AND a spare modem :D

I should have worked on the mix with no lead guitar but I've been busy. Girlfriend's mother had a heart attack, then another one while she was in the hospital. She's stable now but things don't look very good.

I'll get to work on this and get posting as soon as I can.

Snake & Dogman....very different vocal takes from what I had in mind for this tune but as I mentioned I may have someone here to do the vocals.....not sure yet.

True....seen your posts but no links to your version so I couldn't listen :confused:

I'll get on this ASAP

good to be back,

Alec

Back