Jammie vs. the RIAA

You got a problem with that?

And while you are at it, ban yourself from the Cave please!

So, now you're the authority on the rules, and you think I should be banned from the Cave?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

In yer dreams, bud.

I've always played cover music because it was what people actually paying money for bands wanted, and like Lt. Bob, I just like to play. I've played in country swing bands, acoustic trios, southern rock, hard blues, top 40, progressive country, whatever. It's all good.

I really do like trying to get into other guitarists styles. I'm not always entirely successful but it's a good, fun challenge.

I agree entirely with what Leddy and Lt. Bob say about many of the younger musicians who won't even be playing as adults - most of them likely won't last past the age of 25.

This thread went insane very, very quickly.

Fwiw, and while I'm here, I believe that a) she was breaking the law, b) she was stupid to take it to court, and c) the penalty imposed is unreasonably high.

This thread went insane very, very quickly.

Fwiw, and while I'm here, I believe that a) she was breaking the law, b) she was stupid to take it to court, and c) the penalty imposed is unreasonably high.

The thread took a sharp turn, but it is still related to the topic. Essentially, we have a new generation of people who have an over-developed sense of entitlement. Even in the threat of a giant lawsuit, this women held to the idea that she didn't do anything wrong.

Whether they fined her $10,000 or $10,000,0000,000, the end result will be that she will file bankruptcy. They might as well set the example and spank her hard.

So, now you're the authority on the rules, and you think I should be banned from the Cave?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

In yer dreams, bud.

No, I am not a power hungry fool with inconsistent application of my own rules. I would never dream of such a job! ;)

Now, how about addressing the insults and slander I have endured in this forum?

Is Jenni's Place going to be a place where certain people can insult others with no consequence? That is a far cry from the "rules" of the forum!

This sure seems a lot like the RIAA. :D

It's only slanderous if the remark made was damaging to your character. So, you have to convince Dragon that what Lucky13 said was damaging to people's opinion of you. In other words, convince him that people thought less of you after reading Lucky's post.

Did they? :)

What he said. The perfect defense against slander is that the thing said is the truth, and that's the way I see it, frankly.

Anyway, it's libel you're thinking of, not slander.

What he said. The perfect defense against slander is that the thing said is the truth, and that's the way I see it, frankly.

Anyway, it's libel you're thinking of, not slander.

I see, so what you are saying is that I can say things in here like:

Gorty is a troll, because it is true right?

And that True-eurt is a troll because that is true right?

Dragon is unjust, and has double standards because that is true right?

These of course are not insults or attacks, just simple statements of FACTS.

“When a person finds themselves predisposed to complaining about how little they are regarded by others, let them reflect how little they have contributed to the happiness of others.”

“When a person finds themselves predisposed to complaining about how little they are regarded by others, let them reflect how little they have contributed to the happiness of others.”

What I find funny as hell is that if I was attacking you, and saying untrue shit about you in this forum, you would be one of the first people to go whining to Dragon about it. Indeed, in certain circles, you are NOT held in that high of regard.

So now I can add this statement to the "facts" here:

JMarcomb is a hypocrite.

Now this place is sort of shaping up! It appears that you actually CAN attack and insult people in here. It just has to be "true".

Or, "true" to Dragon's way of thinking? :rolleyes:

And I guess that since Dragon is NOT banning members who are attacking other members in here, he should maybe un-ban some of the members that he HAS banned from here.

How could it hurt? It is also the most just thing to do!

Are you are just and fair over-lord of this website Dragon? Or are you petty and spiteful, much like many of the members here?

Shine or tarnish in your response. You DO set the tone. While there are many who will sniff your excrement hole in the protection of your double standards, just remember that it is usually those same people that start the problems. You have been misled about many around here and are taking actions against some people who have done almost nothing wrong.

What I find funny as hell is that if I was attacking you, and saying untrue shit about you in this forum, you would be one of the first people to go whining to Dragon about it. Indeed, in certain circles, you are NOT held in that high of regard.

So now I can add this statement to the "facts" here:

JMarcomb is a hypocrite.

Now this place is sort of shaping up! It appears that you actually CAN attack and insult people in here. It just has to be "true".

Or, "true" to Dragon's way of thinking? :rolleyes:

ed.. you have zero common sense

you insult, antagonize, and create an environment of chaos without any regard to other people

you are 41 years old ... stop acting like a little boy

you can compress a snare drum, but have the emotional and social IQ of a 5 year old

ed.. you have zero common sense

you insult, antagonize, and create an environment of chaos without any regard to other people

you are 41 years old ... stop acting like a little boy

you can compress a snare drum, but have the emotional and social IQ of a 5 year old

LOL. Jeff, I have enough common sense not to go fucking a wacko chick I meet off of a BBS. I didn't waste thousands of dollars in plane fares to go get laid by said chick. And I have enough common sense to keep my relationships away from audio BBS's.

Talk about growing up! :rolleyes:

Back