I need your help urgently!!

Canibus

I just bought a audio technica 2020 but i noticed that it doesnt have the same box as the one on the website and on the mic where its supposed to say audio technica, it says digital reference!!! and the thing that is supposed to make me be able to screw it on my mic stand is too small!! WHAT SHOULD I DO? please help

Have you gone back to the store yet? Take it back there and ask them about it... it possibly could be an honest mistake.

Jacob

I got to go tomorrow since my dad has work tonight but the box had all the clear tape on it, why would it look exactly like the audio technica though and why wont it fit on my mic stand. shouldnt all of them fit. It has like this little ring in the part that screws in the mic stand should i try to take that out? also, does this look in anywhere inferior to the audio technica when comparing specs?

Canibus said:
it says made in china on the box, does that mean its counterfeit?

...it's not counterfeit because it's not labelled "Audio Technica"...it's a Chinese knock-off...what did you pay for it?...the 2020 goes for about $99...and yes, unscrew the insert on the mic mount so it will fit your micstand...

thats exactly what i paid for it, 99. what should i say in my defense tomorrow, i really wanna stick it to em. i think it was because i was a little mexican kid that looked like a newb

...bring it back and get either a refund of the real Audio Technica 2020...that's sounds like the old "switcheroo"... ;)

you know whats kind of funny, i had a samson c01 before this and this knockoff still sounds better i think. but i wont tell them i used it yet when i go back ;)

so this is definitely a copy then, because thats what im going to tell em. anybody else experienced a problem like this?

It looks like it could have been an honest mistake.

They look like the same mic. Probably are (the same mic), but you should exchange it anyway.

Contact AT get the lowdown on what you thought you ordered vs. what you got. Lets call it a fact finding mission.

Mad won't get you anywhere. Mad puts the mouth out front and the brain in the back seat. Turn things around and move smartly with your issue. If it's a screw up, in all likelyhood GC will fix the problem. If you go in swearing and swingin, defenses go up and the smarter guy wins.

Could be an honest mistake,...could be the schmuck behind the counter had no idea what he's talking about, and sure,...unlikely but possible someone's tryin' to bend ya over but in the end, no matter which scenario, my previous paragraph still applies.

Peace, love and all that happiness shit (Steve Vai said that once).

I just called GC and they said that digital reference is like a partner of audio technica, the box does say audio technica. but the guy said they dont have any more audio technicas but i could get my money back. i dont know what to do

I just compared the specifactions of the audio technica and the specifications of mine off of a paper that came in the box. They were all exactly the same. Theres no way to be certain, i guess the paper could just be lying to me but i guess ill just keep this mic.

Dude...seriously...you seem so worked up about it. If they'll give your your money back take the mic back. You'll be able to turn the blood pressure pump down a click or two and live longer.

If it were me, I'd try the damn thing out. If it feels like a $99 mic, sounds like a $99 mic it is a $99 mic. The most important thing is that the thing will do what you're trying to accomplish and, you feel good about the purchase.

Take it back and put the trauma behind you.

Extra dose of Peace, Love and Happiness Shit (did I mention Steve Vai said that once?). :D

well im going to try it, but even if it does sound good, im worried about it just dying on me abruptly one day. you know what i mean.

Back