How to promote the sale of bass lines and loops

Have read the whoe thread.
I was going to suggest rappers will want loops.....then I saw Random Dude's post saying exactly that.
Thanks man. I joined a bunch of forums as well as illmusiz...just waiting for the admin to approve that account. It's good getting this feedback though. I've not spoken to many people about the idea - even less who are musically orientated. I am enjoying rolling it around in my head again.

Thanks for this post. I sat there and thought hmmm yea, under 30s are into that trap style of rap/ It's an assumption but, it tends to be younger people I see enjoying that stuff. Also, the artists tend to be young so they have that common interest thing going 'oh, he is young too just like me' they are not out of range like a Jay Z or Nas era of artist ... Tricky thing is I do not like that music haha I am 40 now and am into music with more technique and groove and feeling. The contradiction feels real right now...am I selling to people I don't care to cater for??
It seems to be true that music is generational. At 70, my earliest memories of music are Doris Day, Patti Page, Mitch Miller (the original karaoke guy), Perry Como, The Ames Bros, Floyd Cramer, etc. That's my parent's music. My tastes started with Duane Eddy, Beach Boys, Booker T, The Surfaris, Johnny Rivers. I've lived through surf music, British Invasion, psychedelia, country rock, punk, blues, disco, prog rock, even some country. Rap/hip hop is where it seems to have stopped. While I still enjoy a nice 4/4 3 chord blues tune, I also like harmony, key changes, and musical complexity.

I don't understand the appeal of the sample/assemble style of music, but it is certainly the way the hits are being made today. I think you're on the right track to get on some hiphop focused forums. Hit the target audience.

I don't understand the appeal of the sample/assemble style of music
I understand it as a ‘I’m getting into this thing’ approach and as a way to get their toes wet (even if they don’t know it yet) but long term, I think it’s natural for them to branch out into using more theory, musicians or becoming one themselves.

However I can only speak for myself and how I think things should progress. Learning music theory was a revelation. Chord progressions were literally life changing. As more theory got understood....it was certain that there is a whole wide world of understanding out there just waiting. Hip Hop or Rap as we know it today is the tip of the iceberg unless of course they are sampling the great stuff which has all the progressions and ‘juice’ within it.

Freebies are also vital, use spitfire audio as an example. Real usable examples, that will be a hook. Spitfire give you genuine free excellent products, that you then want more of. I would never buy a loop package to just experiment with. A free complete one, I might try? T
Thanks for this tip. As of today I have added a discount code for three of the packages on the site. I have added them nice and high on the landing page to so when people get there, their eyes should just land on it.

Back