home recording band?

gonna get that damn solo uploaded soon too rokket, just got finished with all my other crap

grn said:
gonna get that damn solo uploaded soon too rokket, just got finished with all my other crap
Hey, I'm still here. Just twiddling my thumbs and posting some pretty mindnumbing stuff... :D

grn said:
tuned a whole step down on guitar, that's two flats ...

verse:
A A E D A A E D
F#m E F#m E

bridge:
Bm A Bm E Bm A Bm E E

riff:
e|-------------------------
B|-------------------------
G|6--6--6--6----4-4-4b6---
D|--------7---6----------7-
A|-------------------------
E|-------------------------
Are those the actual chord names or just the chord shapes after tuning down?

I like what I am hearing. I could hear this with several guitar parts and some keys in there...

On another note, I have a basic melody that I jotted down really quick the other night and then recorded. No lyrics, just two guitars, bass and my sorry drum machine.

I will post it if there is any interest...

those are the chord shapes after tuning down, sorry... so really it would start off with
G G D C G G D C and so on for the ACTUAL chords if it was in standard tuning

I'm finishing up another collab with guitarhunny (another awesome song of hers!) :D so I might have some time if you need any help...

Would love to work with Eddie again before he officially puts on his Popeye costume...

:p

we should probably get some drum action going on that track, i'd rather have the drums done before i lay down the keys so i can match with the rhythm.

so yeah.. is anyone stepping up to the drums on this one?

grn said:
those are the chord shapes after tuning down, sorry... so really it would start off with
G G D C G G D C and so on for the ACTUAL chords if it was in standard tuning
I could pick it up by ear, but I just wanted to know...

I can do the bass if Edwonbass isn't. Ed, speak up, buddy. Let us know if you want this. I probably could knock it out, but my time is sparse nowadays...

didn't use a click, make it whatever you want/relative to what the beat was

grn said:
This was just a scratch track anyway, right? Someone needs to do some drums for it first, then we can lay tracks to the drum part (just make sure they are not "scratch" tracks too!)...

grn said:

Not to be a complainer, but, it wouldve helped to have this to a click.
Any drums layed to this will probably sound off because of it.

Again, all due despect to the provider of the tune.

I'll play around with drums for it on Friday. If I listen to the song enough I should be able to record to a click.

i'd be happy to lay some drums down on this......but it's just about damn near impossible to lay down consistent drums to an existing track without a click or steady BPM.

i've done it before (and will likely end up having to do it again sometime), but not a one of them has turned out any better than "alright".

the drummer who can play to a prerecorded track without a click or steady BPM gets big points in my book. :D

cheers,
wade

seems like it has already died.........anyone want to restart it? i play guitar, can half ass sing, half ass play bass. let me know. i could throw down a rough track to a click.

Back