"Guitar Wing"...

True enough. But I reckon there would be guitarists who would appreciate not having to drag a keyboard along to a gig. And I can imagine guitarists who would appreciate being able to use their guitar dexterity to create synth sounds where their keyboard skills are somewhat underdeveloped.

Sure....it's different for everyone. Some would prefer one over the other. I kinda like the idea of a small synth off to the side, but if someone prefers having the wing mounted on their guitar, connected to computer off the side, that's fine for them.

Well, maybe, but in the very first thread . . . .

So the first sentence deals with the look of the thing, and the third deals with the "value of using any kind of a MIDI rig for guitar". So if the thread sequed into anything, it did so in the thrid sentence of the first post.

It was mostly about the look of the thing.
I was just trying to include a positive spin with the last sentence in my fist post....but not really trying to talk about application of MIDI guitar rigs in general or this device, with any detail...but it's an open thread, so wherever it goes....it's cool. :)

It just seems like some folks are saying..."look what it can do, so therefore how can there be any negative view of the thing".

Sorry, that's still ugly! I'd be hitting buttons accidentally with my pick hand all the time. Foot pedal control just makes so much more sense if you're also trying to PLAY the guitar.

I don't know. Even if for some reason you strum furiously close to the neck, nothing would likely be triggered because there are no buttons. Just velocity sensitive pads that require direct force to react to anything.
And even if there were a heavy handed person who strummed from bottom to top at the neck and that did happen, they could adjust the velocity sensitivity so it wouldn't.

And yeah, foot pedals aren't ever being replaced, but this does things a foot pedal doesn't. And in most applications its meant more to revolve around what you do with/on the release of whatever is being played on the guitar.

It'll work for someone playing specific types of music. Would Eric Johnson or Slayer use it? Probably not. Would The Cure or Pendulum use it? Probably.

It doesn't exist for people who don't want it, just those who do. And there are plenty that do, in fact, want it.

I'm all for getting any kind of sounds you can out of a guitar, for me after a while nothing but guitars gets boring, but I don't like this particular product.

Watching the video I'm not impressed, a foot controller can do this better. But to each his own, it may be perfect for some people.

Back