DAW Users With ADD

Cool guitar, man.

Although, what's with the "textured tape binding on the sides"?

It's tape,but pretty good tape.The body is made out of masonite,they used to make garage doors out of it,kind of like pegboard without the holes.Track rat and Notcardio both have one as do a few others on this forum I'm sure.

Danelectros are an aquired taste,they're not for everyone.I love 'em.

Damned if you do....
damned if you don't.

The Great UAD-1 Trade-In

I have three cards,I have a license for a quite a few of their plugs.You can only run their plugs on their cards.

I have enough computer and I would just as soon run it into the ground,but it's old enough that I don't think I would spend money to fix it should it break down.

I haven't recorded jack lately,but that's just a product of circumstances.

I could pull a card or cards and buy another unit to be installed in a future computer,I could stand pat and be left with relic cards then be left with the choice of either eating or trying to sell the plug licenses,or pay full price for a new card.

You can run the old and new side by side,but new I guess new mobos don't have many if any PCI slots.Plus UA is moving everything to 64 bit which means nothing to me,but I'm guessing it's somehow better,but the old cards won't do 64.

My wife
Takes a job and gets two more offers a week later.:rolleyes:She's going to take a listen without giving anything up,but I told her it was her decision.

Tomorrow
We are going to look for a dog.....

LATER!!!

It's tape,but pretty good tape.The body is made out of masonite,they used to make garage doors out of it,kind of like pegboard without the holes.Track rat and Notcardio both have one as do a few others on this forum I'm sure.

Danelectros are an aquired taste,they're not for everyone.I love 'em.

Danelectros and uke's - like a living nightmare:facepalm: When I dream of guitars I see a room full of Gibsons, Fenders, Gretch, PRS, Taylors, Martins, Nationals, Burns.

I guess even Mothers love their ugly kids:D

Damned if you do....My wife
Takes a job and gets two more offers a week later.:rolleyes:She's going to take a listen without giving anything up,but I told her it was her decision.

Tomorrow
We are going to look for a dog.....

LATER!!!
So what happened - what has your wife decided to do? Life's funny like that sometimes. You wait ages for a London Bus and then three turn up all at once.

And did you get your dog? How big and what sort? I'm guessing its ugly to match your "favoured" guitar collection and uke's. However, I somehow suspect that your wife is pretty good looking along with your kids - somewhere in your life there has to be some asthetics, right?:D

So what happened - what has your wife decided to do? Life's funny like that sometimes. You wait ages for a London Bus and then three turn up all at once.

And did you get your dog? How big and what sort? I'm guessing its ugly to match your "favoured" guitar collection and uke's. However, I somehow suspect that your wife is pretty good looking along with your kids - somewhere in your life there has to be some asthetics, right?:D

My dog will be one no one else wanted,just like my favorite guitars.

My wife falls in the category of getting the guy that every girl wanted.;)
And just how long have you been on these mind bending drugs?:D

We're hitting the malls today boys; (weekends here are Friday and Saturday - but I don't notice anyway;)) we have a four bedroomed house to furnish from top to bottom. Wifey is all excited; there aren't many times in your life you get the chance to start over in one go.

All I can think of is my music room that is being populated by my gear that is being air freighted over as soon as the contract for the lease on the Villa is signed. I really miss playing my guitars; its funny but now I don't have them, I realise how much I need to play them. It was the same when I went on vacation; as soon as I got through the door back home I started playing.

Have a great Friday!

And just how long have you been on these mind bending drugs?:D

We're hitting the malls today boys; (weekends here are Friday and Saturday - but I don't notice anyway;)) we have a four bedroomed house to furnish from top to bottom. Wifey is all excited; there aren't many times in your life you get the chance to start over in one go.

All I can think of is my music room that is being populated by my gear that is being air freighted over as soon as the contract for the lease on the Villa is signed. I really miss playing my guitars; its funny but now I don't have them, I realise how much I need to play them. It was the same when I went on vacation; as soon as I got through the door back home I started playing.

Have a great Friday!

So your wife gets all new stuff,but you get all your old stuff shipped.:rolleyes:I take it there are no music stores nearby?Maybe you have as hard of a time picking out guitars as another guy who posts here?

Today
Off again,no work.That's okay though,we're picking up the dog today.The process is more involved than I thought,they won;t give up the dog until it has been introdued to the whole family and my kids weren't there when we checked it out.I could've lied and said we had no kids but we already filled out the paperwork.

I give them credit though,they are working on the behalf of the animal whereas a breeder is working on behalf of his pocketbook.It's very easy to get sucked in by the cuteness of a puppy,but it' a lot of work.I knew a couple who bought a puppy for $1700 and gave it up two weeks later because they had no idea what they were up against,sure was a cute dog though.:rolleyes:

Opener
Today at Miller park.It has nothing to do with baseball and everythng to do with partying.

LATER!!!

I'll have you know I am going to look at one of these today.
Epiphone - Tribute Les Paul Standard
The gods apparently do not want me to have an electric guitar. :( I get to the store and they are busy as hell. However, after 20 minutes, I finally found the guitar on my own. On the web it was priced at $599. In the store there is a tag on it that says $799. I ask one of the sales guys about it, he looks it up and says "I can talk to the manager about it." I told him to wait because I wanted to play it first. The feel on it was OK. But then I notice it is scratched. It was already my third color choice, and I didn't want a scratch on a "brand new" guitar, so I figured that I'd just order one in the color I wanted. Of course if I was going to order one, it wouldn't be at a store that is 45 minutes from my house. So I left.

At least I got to see my daughter and granddaughter. Of course my daughter managed to bribe my granddaughter into not touching anything in Guitar Center by promising to get her a toy afterwards. Sure, why not, Grandpa was going to buy a guitar so obviously brought his wallet with him. :rolleyes:

Back