DAW Users With ADD

As I get older the quality and quantity of my farts are improving all the time. Maybe its because I'm decomposing from the inside out? Its certainly true when I've been eating curry the night before and drinking beer.:D

There have been a few on occasion that have me scratching my head as to how a smell that rancid could have possibly emanated from the temple that is my body. :o

I've got to get back to work,I'm supposed to be reasearching compost bins.......
Well there's not much to them and the ones you buy are definitely not worth it.I'll be making a chickenwire and wood compost container with three bins.

I've been thinking about a compost bin for years,but when I found out the dump was going to start charging that sped up the process.Although I could just take my waste out to the street,the can or to work I'm going to give this a whirl and be a good green boy.

Well there's not much to them and the ones you buy are definitely not worth it.I'll be making a chickenwire and wood compost container with three bins.

I've been thinking about a compost bin for years,but when I found out the dump was going to start charging that sped up the process.Although I could just take my waste out to the street,the can or to work I'm going to give this a whirl and be a good green boy.
Be careful. I think they can get quite smelly if not done right, or maintained right.

Same as the UK.

When I go home, I promise never to complain about British bureaucracy ever again. For example; every month every employee (all 512) here have to sign for their salary which is then sent to the government. If they don't have a signature against every name within 15 days of the month end, they stop issuing us any employment or residency visas.

I'm thinking that keeps a few relatives employed.

Off today
No work,too bad,but it's going to be in the 60's today,for March that's not bad I'll take it.

I'm going to do some manly chores this morning and then I have a lunch date with my wife.The quandry is always whether to try someplace new or go with tried and true.

Off today

I'm going to do some manly chores this morning and then I have a lunch date with my wife.The quandry is always whether to try someplace new or go with tried and true.

Does this mean a romantic interlude at home afterwards?:D

Excellent. As you know, I was a keen gardener back in the UK and we had two bins on the go which cut down on trips to the tip and provided some good stuff for the garden. The key to a good compost bin is to turn it regular to let the air in. And don't let it get to wet - or dry.

It's Friday![/SIZE]
Man these four day weeks are killer.

Guitar quest
I caught the thread in the guitar forum and I think the first guy nailed it.When it comes to bang for the buck Ibanez and Schecter are pretty damn good.The middle and upper line Epis are nice,but the low end stuff is lame.

I think you should hit the shops and look for a used guitar,still you should get a decent new guitar for that price.

Did I mention?
That we're thinking about getting a dog?

LATER!!!

Guitar quest
I caught the thread in the guitar forum and I think the first guy nailed it.When it comes to bang for the buck Ibanez and Schecter are pretty damn good.The middle and upper line Epis are nice,but the low end stuff is lame.

I think you should hit the shops and look for a used guitar,still you should get a decent new guitar for that price.
These are my latest leanings.
Epiphone Les Paul Tribute Plus Electric Guitar | Musician's Friend

Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO Electric Guitar | Musician's Friend

Schecter Guitar Research C-1 Custom Electric Guitar | Musician's Friend

The Guitar Center near me only has the Schecter in stock. However, there is another GC that is near where my daughter lives that has the Schecter and the Les Paul Tribute in stock. I'm thinking of taking a ride there this week to check it out (and I can visit with my daughter at the same time).

The Les Paul Custom Pro must be new, and no one seems to have it in stock yet. Even Musicians Friend says they won't have it until later this month. The main difference with that and the Tribute appear to be the pickups - plus the Tribute comes with a case, and a better color selection.

The Schecter is interesting, but I suspect it is going to play and sound very much like the PRS I returned. Guitar Center is having another 15% off sale for Easter. Unfortunately they don't honor it for Epiphones - although they will for the Schecter. So in the end, all 3 guitars will costs around the same.

One of the guys in the group tried to learn to play guitar a few years ago. He didn't get very far, but he owns a cheap Squire Strat. I think he paid like $179 for it. Anyway, he brought it over last night and I played it with the group for a couple of sets. I was quite surprised with how well it sounded and played for $179. Our drummer didn't like it, said it sounded to "sparkly," but I think that's the Strat single-coil sound. Either you like it, or you don't. Anyway, it was an interesting exercise. I thought I would probably play it for one or two songs and then put it down. But as I said, I ended up playing it for like an hour-and-a-half.

Mike, I have the Epiphone LP Custom flametop:
Nevada Music - Epiphone Les Paul Custom Flametop Heritage Sunburst Electric Guitar

I had it professionally set up and its sounds and plays really well; its biggest downside is it's weight but from a tone point of view its rich and warm with excellent sustain.

The strat copy (the one I made myself) is thin by comparison unless I put it through a processor but has a classic strat sound- lively and sparkly.

In my view, its not a matter of which one is "best." It's just that they are different.

Last edited:
In my view, its not a matter of which one is "best." It's just that they are different.

Yeah, I get that. However, at my age it is very likely that this will be the last guitar I buy. My hands are already arthritic as it is (so I guess it's good that I don't play anything too hard :) ). Bottom line, I'm looking for something with some versatility, since changing guitars for specific songs is not going to happen. Right now I am mostly leaning toward one of the Epi's linked above.

The two things I never liked about Les Pauls were their weight, and the single cutaway. However, I'm not playing 5-hour gigs anymore. I play for 3-4 hours on a Friday night sitting down. So I imagine I can handle the weight. Also, I don't play alot above the 12th fret either. So I'm sure I can live with the single cutaway.

BTW, does anyone but me notice that there seems to be a trend away from pickguards with many guitars these days? Wonder what that's all about? Is it for aesthetics? Cost savings? I usually play with the pinkie and ring finger on my right hand resting below the strings. It's probably bad mechanics, but I have played that way for so long it would be hard to change. I worry that practice will mar the finish without a pickguard.

BTW2, howcum Paul gets a big, important promotion, and suddenly has lots more time to post here? Some things never change. :D

And furthermore...

We've already discussed this before, but I am getting quite frustrated with this web site. Almost every time I try to post something lately, when I click the "post reply" button the site tells me I need to log in - even though I am already logged in. And of course, when I click OK and go through the log in process, my post gets lost. What's up with that? :mad: :mad: :mad:

One of the guys in the group tried to learn to play guitar a few years ago. He didn't get very far, but he owns a cheap Squire Strat. I think he paid like $179 for it. Anyway, he brought it over last night and I played it with the group for a couple of sets. I was quite surprised with how well it sounded and played for $179. Our drummer didn't like it, said it sounded to "sparkly," but I think that's the Strat single-coil sound. Either you like it, or you don't. Anyway, it was an interesting exercise. I thought I would probably play it for one or two songs and then put it down. But as I said, I ended up playing it for like an hour-and-a-half.

Buy that and save yourself a load of money.If you want you could put a stacked humbucker in one of the slots,you'll still be ahead.

Remember,that longer scale length contributes to that sound also.

I still say you need to look at what you're putting between the guitar and the speaker.

Back