DAW Users With ADD

So you didn't see any other guitars that caught your eye?

Yes. The Epi semi-hollow body looks interesting. And they have it in stock at the local GC. However, it's more money than I was planning to spend and has features I don't need.

Also, there is a Schecter that is in my price range - at least it is if I buy this weekend using the 15% GC coupon. But I haven't played the Schecter, and for some reason I have a feeling it will sound much like the solid-body PRS I returned. The coupon is only good through tomorrow, so I need to get some ambition and get my ass over there pretty soon.

Oh, and there's this one, too.
Epiphone - Les Paul Custom PRO

Doesn't seem to be quite as good a buy as the Tribute, but it mostly boils down to appearance and the probucker pickups versus the Gibson 57's. By the time I bought a case, the Custom Pro would cost about $30 more. But as you noted, it DOES have a pickguard. :D

Oh yeah... this also isn't available right now either. But they are estimating April 20th.

Oh, and there's this one, too.
Epiphone - Les Paul Custom PRO

Doesn't seem to be quite as good a buy as the Tribute, but it mostly boils down to appearance and the probucker pickups versus the Gibson 57's. By the time I bought a case, the Custom Pro would cost about $30 more. But as you noted, it DOES have a pickguard. :D

Oh yeah... this also isn't available right now either. But they are estimating April 20th.

That black with gold hardware is very handsome,the pickguard is the bow tie on a tuxedo guitar.

BTW,there are way to many versions of Strats and LPs,most are barely pereceptable side by side.

Agreed. They are the icons of the guitar world. Both invented in the '50s no less. Seems we haven't come very far since then - other than to create thousands of models of the same thing.

That black with gold hardware is very handsome,the pickguard is the bow tie on a tuxedo guitar.
I might just go with that one. It has the same neck profile as the Tribute, and I played that and felt comfortable with it. I'll decide once I get the e-mail telling me it's in stock.

Plus it has coil splitting!!! :)

I might just go with that one. It has the same neck profile as the Tribute, and I played that and felt comfortable with it. I'll decide once I get the e-mail telling me it's in stock.

Of all the guitars you've looked at,that black and gold one would be one I would pick for myself.The other guitars were just guitars to me,I'm a sucker for gold hardware with black or ivory,more of a classic look.

Of all the guitars you've looked at,that black and gold one would be one I would pick for myself.The other guitars were just guitars to me,I'm a sucker for gold hardware with black or ivory,more of a classic look.

It's a very beautiful guitar. But one thing you should be aware of - and that is that the gold plating is much more liable to tarnish than chrome. My Epi LP Custom has the same problem. But hey, its a great looking guitar - you just need to clean it more often:guitar:

It's a very beautiful guitar. But one thing you should be aware of - and that is that the gold plating is much more liable to tarnish than chrome. My Epi LP Custom has the same problem. But hey, its a great looking guitar - you just need to clean it more often:guitar:

No problem. I can just get the little woman to handle that.

Oh wait... there is no little woman. :( :( :(

polishing_silver_tm.jpg

If there was a little woman in your life,I think you would have her polishing something other than your guitar.
She'd have to find it first:eek: It's probably shrivelled with age and lack of use :laughings:

And Happy Easter to all you guys too. It was strange going into work on Easter Sunday and now Easter Monday. At home, we'd have the familly around for Easter Sunday roast lamb.:( Still, in a few weeks we'll be home again for our eldest daughters wedding which will be great.:)

Happy Days!

Remember... you heard it here first!! ;) :D

Now the question is, will the Yankees actually win a game this year. :(
And the answer is...yes they did! :)

Have a good weekend when yours comes around guys; in Dubai it's Friday and Saturday:guitar: Beach tomorrow, brunch on Saturday.:D

Happy Days!

Serious question - do you miss working?
Not at all. But then I never really found my "calling" in life. The jobs I have had in life were just that, jobs. Some better than others, but primarily a way to put food on the table.

Also, as I got older I really had trouble suffering the fools and posers who make up most of upper management - and I had more and more trouble holding my tongue about it. It was getting time to pack it in.

Lately, every time that I get stuck in traffic and find I want to put my fist through a window, I recall that I used to do that every morning and evening and can't imagine doing it again.

So while I do have the occasional day with little or nothing to do, I would not trade that for working again.

Hmmm....interesting. (getting deep now). Looking back, would you have done something different to maybe find your calling? Do you regret not finding your calling?

Back