CURRENT EVENTS!

I wrote this ( or something close to this the memories fading fast) back in college 45+ years ago
For sure I was stoned...I'm not anymore...

In your arms sweet Kamaroo
I seek refuge from the view
It's just too plain to see
In the most evil man there's a bit of you and me
So I grab for you sweet Kamaroo
And dedicating our souls and hearts
We join together in the dark
And create for this world a new yet separate reality
But alas he's not savior
Though he's really good heart
You see through social pressure
He's learned to play the part
A 1984 mannequin
Made to fear hell so he won't sin
And he'll be ready when Uncle calls on him
To fight his bloody wars and win
Only to begin before he ends
Another new and separate reality

Last edited:
I think I know where you’re going with this. In Christian apologetics, it’s a common argument to say that objective morality doesn’t exist unless there’s a god. If that’s where you’re headed, I’m not on board. I think you can have objectivity derived from common agreement, so to speak. (Though I do very much subscribe to the idea that a higher power created the universe and life etc. I believe there is all kinds of evidence for it, but that’s a totally different discussion).
Christian apologetics state that you can come to accept God's existence through reason.
That said, I've been quite clear in saying that I will not argue a religious angle to the matter of abortion. Regarding pedophilia and s*xual disorders (which include the LGBTQ+ in my mind) though, there's nothing that makes it objectively wrong apart from the Judeo-Christian tradition, which teaches that it is wrong. All cultures cultures have regarded children as sub-human to an extent until the Judeo-Christian phenomenon, including the pinnacle of ancient civilization -- Rome -- where fathers were totally allowed to reject their children especially once they were born.
I do believe in natural law, which, from my understanding, should make you feel quite guilty if you rape someone. But as far as having s*x with consenting minors...
Not sure what this is about.
Hope that was clarified by the above.

OK, but I was only referring to consensual / normal acts.

But that also begs the question... If it is no longer seen as disordered to be gay or to practice BDSM, why is pedophilia still illegal?

Sorry, I musta got hypnotized. I blame it on thread drift. What's this thread about anyway?

Christian apologetics state that you can come to accept God's existence through reason.
That said, I've been quite clear in saying that I will not argue a religious angle to the matter of abortion. Regarding pedophilia and s*xual disorders (which include the LGBTQ+ in my mind) though, there's nothing that makes it objectively wrong apart from the Judeo-Christian tradition, which teaches that it is wrong. All cultures cultures have regarded children as sub-human to an extent until the Judeo-Christian phenomenon, including the pinnacle of ancient civilization -- Rome -- where fathers were totally allowed to reject their children especially once they were born.
I do believe in natural law, which, from my understanding, should make you feel quite guilty if you rape someone. But as far as having s*x with consenting minors...

Hope that was clarified by the above.
“Natural law” changes as nature changes, I guess. The age of consent used to be lower. As people started living longer and healthier, as people stayed in school until older ages, the average age of getting married and having children went up as well.

Corporal punishment used to be common, now it’s not. Things we thought were “natural” no longer are.

brassplyer said:
Nobody can credibly dispute that a zygote/embryo is a living organism. A cluster of cells isn't a person - it has the potential to become a person.
Is there then no distinction between a living organism and a person? In biological terms, "living" refers to cells able to generate more cells etc. Which definitely makes a zygote/embryo "alive".
A point I've previously stipulated more than once as in the very quote above is that a zygote/embryo is a living organism. It isn't a person.

brassplyer said:
You're aware that Africans have been slaughtering each other by the trainload - children born only to starve to death or be murdered or themselves become murderers. A while back there was an expose on areas in Africa where people cannibalize children because they think it wards off disease and evil spirits. Kids born into the inner cities where the odds of them being abused, neglected, become involved in criminality, end up in prison are far greater than the odds of them graduating from school functionally literate because they were born to someone who was incapable of birthing them into any other circumstance - they were doomed before they were born. All the horrifically abused kids born to useless parents who had no business having kids in the first place in all the case files you're never going to ever hear about - and all those who never even get reported to authorities. Crack babies, fetal alcohol babies, babies who die in dumpsters or similarly in the Third World and in the First World.
That btw is total BS. Instead of exporting abortion clinics to African countries, how about we send them real humanitarian relief? Again, it’s about treating the disease rather than the symptoms. Do you realize that the abortion industry widely propagandizes itself as a genuinely caring organization working for the betterment of mankind? Now I know what people mean when they say they laugh so hard it hurts… You’re just short of saying that women can lovingly kill their babies! I’m disappointed in the New York times’ effect on you, man @brassplyer. You would do good to look into Kamala Harris’ involvement in the prosecution of David Daleiden.
You completely missed the point I was making - if there was any kind of benevolent deity concerned about the welfare of humanity who regarded life as precious circumstances such as I've outlined, Africa among them, *wouldn't* exist. Africa makes a great example because it's been a violent, miserable corrupt shithole for so long but I also pointed out others.

brassplyer said:
It's impossible for the religious to discuss it from a non-religious point of view - you're still driven by and your views are still colored by religious beliefs.

How do you feel about the unborn infant and child killing perpetrated or condoned by God in the Bible? It's okay because he's God?
What is really lame is that you are the first to mention the Bible despite your persistent claims to be an atheist.
It's intellectual slackerism to evade like that. We both know your convictions are rooted in religion - part of the problem are the endless contradictions and problems within the Bible that the religious have of course spent just as endless time trying to rationalize rather than say "You know what? This is a crock."

brassplyer said:
Is it correct that you think that first trimester abortion should be illegal?
You're convinced you're entitled to impose your religious beliefs on others - speaking of my previous comment about the historical tendency of the religious to engage in intrusive authoritarianism.

My point isn't and never has been "Oh look - a pregnant woman - abort it!!" It's that there are far too many children born to the unfit with bad results and if someone doesn't want to give birth that's a glaring neon warning sign that she shouldn't and it's asinine to stand in her way.

Last edited:
If murder were made legal, would you actively work for it to be made illegal, or would you just not murder people?

This makes no sense. You wrote this responding to me saying that I don't believe that scrapping out some DNA clump is murder. Now you're saying that I'm equating it to murder. Wake up, bud.

divorce, "birth control" of various sorts, gay behavior, etc.

Dude. This shows EXACTLY what kind of person you are.

Don't believe in abortions... unless they're gay babies!*

*Probably.

A point I've previously stipulated more than once as in the very quote above is that a zygote/embryo is a living organism. It isn't a person.
So it's a living organism with cells and DNA characteristic of a human but what is the term for its kind?
You completely missed the point I was making - if there was any kind of benevolent deity concerned about the welfare of humanity who regarded life as precious circumstances such as I've outlined, Africa among them, *wouldn't* exist. Africa makes a great example because it's been a violent, miserable corrupt shithole for so long but I also pointed out others.
I don't care about how you perceive my beliefs. Do you actually have thoughts on why we tend to treat the pain rather than the wound:
Instead of exporting abortion clinics to African countries, how about we send them real humanitarian relief? Again, it’s about treating the disease rather than the symptoms. Do you realize that the abortion industry widely propagandizes itself as a genuinely caring organization working for the betterment of mankind? Now I know what people mean when they say they laugh so hard it hurts…

It's intellectual slackerism to evade like that. We both know your convictions are rooted in religion - part of the problem are the endless contradictions and problems within the Bible that the religious have of course spent just as endless time trying to rationalize rather than say "You know what? This is a crock."
A basic fact about the source of my beliefs is that you can reason to the existence of God, more specifically the Christian idea of a God, through non-religious rationality, especially based on scientific truth. Not asking whether you believe that to be true, but would it make sense that we, if we are created by God and live in a world that is the brainchild of God, that His existence would be evidenced by His works?
As far as convictions being rooted in religion, if I ceased to believe in God, either as an agnostic or an atheist, that would not hinder me from being rationally (as opposed to "revelation-ally") convinced of the same truth, that a person qualifies as human from the moment that it has the DNA and cell structure characteristic of a human.

You're convinced you're entitled to impose your religious beliefs on others
No. I find it an abomination of the Human Race that we dare impose our hedonistic beliefs on a vulnerable segment of our race.

- speaking of my previous comment about the historical tendency of the religious to engage in intrusive authoritarianism.
Please refresh my memory.

Back