CURRENT EVENTS!

I never said anything about killing anything. I asked a simple question and you read into it whatever you like. That doesn't make you correct.
Look, I was not even directly addressing you. My comment flowed from your comment, and it was a while back so I did "reply" to your statement to add context.
Would you like to know why I asked that question?
Sure! All opinions encouraged. It's a forum, after all :-)

I don't remember being born, I was told I was. How do I know the universe I am experiencing existed until I became aware of it. How do I know that the whole thing is not a construct of my awareness. I won't go on any further, but, it had nothing to do with the abortion question. I myself personally support a woman's right to an abortion and birth control and pre natal care. I also support preschool education and free lunches for all school students. That is how I feel about the subject and I don't need to wear it on my sleeves. It doesn't matter to me what anyone on this board feels, either way, about it. I wouldn't hold it against them in anyway, but I do think they are being swayed by their religious persuasions although I can't prove it.

I don't remember being born, I was told I was. How do I know the universe I am experiencing existed until I became aware of it. How do I know that the whole thing is not a construct of my awareness. I won't go on any further, but, it had nothing to do with the abortion question. I myself personally support a woman's right to an abortion and birth control and pre natal care. I also support preschool education and free lunches for all school students. That is how I feel about the subject and I don't need to wear it on my sleeves. It doesn't matter to me what anyone on this board feels, either way, about it. I wouldn't hold it against them in anyway, but I do think they are being swayed by their religious persuasions although I can't prove it.
Thank you! Existential questions are fun lol.

I myself personally support a woman's right to an abortion
Regarding this I support your right to an opinion but I don't seem to be able to come to the same one through any rational thought.

I don't like marijuana... it's legal now... I just don't fucking smoke it.
And there lies the problem :laughings:

Just kidding man..I did love getting high back in the day but I've been clean n sober for 35 years. I have no problem with those that want to get loaded responsibly...e.g. on their own time and not driving n shit.... to compare it to the abortion thing is a stretch. On the con side we are saying that abortion is an act of murder. A little more severe than a victimless crime of smoking pot.

I was just trying to say that just because something is deemed "legal" doesn't mean you have to partake in it... wasn't comparing the two, and I don't believe abortion is murder, so... 🤷‍♂️

You are implying that when the egg and sperm unite as one new and unique life form they are not human.
Neither stated or implied this. Apparently you missed the previous instances when I clarified otherwise.

Then as I held my first child in my hands
You were clearly enthusiastic about having a child, presumably so was the mother? What were your basic life circumstances?

Were you able to provide for your child's needs through your own labor and/or a strong family support system? Were either of you druggies or alcoholics? Drug dealers? Either of you a repeat offender jailbird? Anger issues? Domestic abuse issues? Chronic gambling issues? How about the people you called friends who were around your child? Were they a bunch of jailbird losers? Did you child grow up surrounded by the offspring of the ignorant poor who had no role model in their lives of how to live straight and were involved in bullshit behavior from an early age?

Reactions: TAE
Neither stated or implied this. Apparently you missed the previous instances when I clarified otherwise.

You were clearly enthusiastic about having a child, presumably so was the mother? What were your basic life circumstances?

Were you able to provide for your child's needs through your own labor and/or a strong family support system? Were either of you druggies or alcoholics? Drug dealers? Either of you a repeat offender jailbird? Anger issues? Domestic abuse issues? Chronic gambling issues? How about the people you called friends who were around your child? Were they a bunch of jailbird losers? Did you child grow up surrounded by the offspring of the ignorant poor who had no role model in their lives of how to live straight and were involved in bullshit behavior from an early age?
Your argument is that abortions are needed to avoid these precious gifts from being raised by the screwed up characters as you descried above.
I hear you and that is a sad reality. That said what percentage of abortions do you honestly believe fall into that category? You know it is very small. Most abortions are out of convenience and the fact that being saddled down with a child is not for the faint of heart.....We have given the apathetic, irresponsible, self centered women who "oops I made a boo boo" the green light to murder the child they are bearing. Then pass it off as OK because we say it is OK..It isn't OK, it is prenatal genocide. At any given time here in the U.S. there are 2 million couples waiting to adopt a baby. 36 couples for each single child put up for adoption. Adoption is a very viable option...but then why would a woman who screwed up and unintentionally got pregnant want to have to go through 9 months of hell when we make it so easy to just brush n flush?

1696371397587.png
1696371556090.png
1696371650028.png
1696372249418.png

As of the moment I copied this image there were over 33.7 million abortions this year around the world.
If you click on the image below it will take you to the worldometer that tracks this in real time...watching the numbers just click by a few every second sickens me.
1696370887492.png

Based upon the stats above when asked why they were having an abortion 92% could have let the child go full term and been able to put that child up for adoption....92% That's a lot of babies..

So do we legalize/enable such lifestyles?

Still expecting answers...
Is there then no distinction between a living organism and a person? In biological terms, "living" refers to cells able to generate more cells etc. Which definitely makes a zygote/embryo "alive".

That btw is total BS. Instead of exporting abortion clinics to African countries, how about we send them real humanitarian relief? Again, it’s about treating the disease rather than the symptoms. Do you realize that the abortion industry widely propagandizes itself as a genuinely caring organization working for the betterment of mankind? Now I know what people mean when they say they laugh so hard it hurts… You’re just short of saying that women can lovingly kill their babies! I’m disappointed in the New York times’ effect on you, man @brassplyer. You would do good to look into Kamala Harris’ involvement in the prosecution of David Daleiden.

Don’t know about you, but I certainly don’t remember being 2 years old, any more than being in the womb. According to your “human rights”, you should be able go to your local pharmacy and buy over-the-counter sterilized 2-inch blades marketed as “safe and effective” for “prevention of cell structures” up to 2 years after birth. Feel free to use my wording in that upcoming petition to your local congressman.

What is really lame is that you are the first to mention the Bible despite your persistent claims to be an atheist.

There's always the argument that people are gonna get it anyway.

Which is not true. Legalizing something does contribute to it being more widespread. We've seen the effects from legalizing pot, divorce, "birth control" of various sorts, gay behavior, etc.

TAE said:
You are implying that when the egg and sperm unite as one new and unique life form they are not human.
I believe I stated explicitly that it's a human zygote. It's not a person.
So to clarify you do not consider a human zygote a person but something less than a person so OK to terminate right?

For me no difference as my argument is that as a new and unique unexplainable miracle this human zygote that you minimalize as "not a person" is a living human being in it's earliest stage of development.

So what is a person..well a person would have to have a personality right? Be able to speak for itself like you brought up about my song.
Well that just circles back to the 1 day old, the 1 month old shittin, cryin PITA that can't speak for itself...just a silly lump of atoms and chromosomes that can barely lift its head or roll over...Man that little shit is annoying and inconvenient keeping us up all night...Hmmm? Oh heck lets just flush it down the toilet.
Yeah that's the ticket...

We cleverly use the less brutal word "terminate" rather than kill or murder but it is OK because we the people have decided it is...and justify it by minimalizing it's importance by calling it a zygote or fetus rather than a human being. Just like Hitler and his crew did with the Jews. Jews were not humans.

1696374864967.png

Don't kill me cause I'm alive!

Last edited:
But objectively, what makes it wrong,
I think I know where you’re going with this. In Christian apologetics, it’s a common argument to say that objective morality doesn’t exist unless there’s a god. If that’s where you’re headed, I’m not on board. I think you can have objectivity derived from common agreement, so to speak. (Though I do very much subscribe to the idea that a higher power created the universe and life etc. I believe there is all kinds of evidence for it, but that’s a totally different discussion).
beyond the fact that the bigwigs in Washington say that the kid can't undress? In other countries, it's not illegal / not enforced. Are you saying that US law should be applied universally?
Not sure what this is about.

Ive said it before but I’ll say it again.

It speaks volumes about a society that has completely normalized and justified the killing of it’s offspring.
There’s something wrong with that.

And I’m not coming at this from a religious based point of view.

The mantra of the day has been “my body, my choice”.

Ok, cool. I can one hundred percent agree with that. So how about you apply some responsibility to that.
My body, my choice (to get pregnant, or not get pregnant). It’s really not that hard to copulate but avoid pregnancy.

But to me, a society that not only approves of, but also applauds the killing your offspring, and worse yet, regards it as some monumental victory for the civil rights of women...........

Well, that’s one fundamentally sick society.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Thank you. Welcome to the Reich y'all.
What is that supposed to covey? If murder was made legal, which in a sense in Germany in 1942 it was, there were many who otherwise would not have murdered but had no qualms once it was legal. Many of the ones committing the murders were god fearing Christians, probably most of them. There were those who couldn't or wouldn't no matter the circumstances. It depends on the propaganda people would buy into I guess.

Yep it's a whack world
The degree to which this Identity movement has manifested itself is appalling.

Hi my name is Wonder, I identify as a loaf of bread...it's really that bad..

Both of my daughters are educators in California. One in a school district that is promoting this gender identity thing, one that is opposing it not partaking in the craziness ( yeah I have a stance on the subject) Do you have a Y chromosome?...you are a boy.. If you you don't have a Y chromosome you're a girl end of discussion. You want to take on the role of the opposite sex of what your chromosomes identifies you as or somewhere in between that's your business and your headache to deal with...Just don't try to shove it down my throat that by choosing to do so it gives you rights to that sex role you are "identifying" as. I get it some girls like girls more than boys and some boys like boys better than girls..Not my gig but 100% they should be free to live their lives the way the want to as long as it doesn't impact other peoples lives. This male swimmer that identifies as a girl and our courts decide he can compete against women ...That's just whack...we're whack.

So below from North Carolina State University is similar to what the one daughters school district has chosen to embrace ...

Pronouns and Gender Identity​

NC State University is committed to providing a welcoming and inclusive campus environment as a foundation for student success. As such, we recognize that a student’s sex assigned at birth, or the sex by which they are legally recognized, does not necessarily align with their gender identity or the pronouns they use to express themselves. The university acknowledges that a student’s personal pronouns and gender identity should be used wherever appropriate in the course of university business and education.
All students have the option to self-select their personal pronouns and gender identity in MyPack Portal. These fields are entirely optional and not required to update. If a student decides to select pronouns, this information will be visible administratively via class rosters, grade rosters and within the advising center. Personal pronouns and gender identity may potentially be shared with authorized university officials, but are not considered directory information and will not be released to unauthorized third-party contacts. Parents or guardians granted access through MyPack Portal, as well as peer students, should not be able to view this information via their individual system access.

Frequently Asked Questions​

What are personal pronouns?
Personal pronouns are pronouns individuals use to refer to themselves. In reference to an individual, it is respectful to use the pronoun with which they identify. Many people use he/him/his or she/her/hers pronouns, but there are many non-binary pronouns that people also use. For example, a transgender student may use ze/hir/hirs pronouns, rather than those socially or culturally associated with their sex assigned at birth. It’s useful for many people to share their pronouns, even if they use the pronouns socially or culturally associated with their sex assigned at birth. Sharing your pronouns potentially prevents the singling out of individuals using pronouns different than expected.
What is gender identity?
Someone’s gender identity represents an internal understanding of oneself or personal sense of one’s own gender, which may differ from their sex assigned at birth. For example, someone assigned female at birth may identify as a man (transgender man), someone assigned male at birth may identify as a man (cisgender man), someone assigned male at birth may identify as genderqueer (transgender, outside the binary of man and woman), etc. Gender identity is not determined by sex assigned at birth
What do the gender identity options mean?
Agender
– a term used to describe the experience of one being without gender, outside the gender binary, rejecting the social construct of gender
Gender Fluid – a term used to describe the experience of one’s gender as moving along the continuum between and among genders
Genderqueer – a term used to describe the experience of being outside the gender binary, which may include having two or more genders (bigender, pangender, etc.), being third-gendered or other-gendered, or being without gender
Man – a term used to describe the experience of one’s gender being male, masculine
Non-binary – a term used to describe the experience of one’s gender being outside the binary or otherwise not identifying with binary male or female gender categories
Self-Entered – please enter the term most appropriate to describe your gender
Two-spirit – a culturally-specific term used to describe some individuals in some Native American cultures whose gender orientation includes both a masculine spirit and a feminine spirit
Woman – a term used to describe the experience of one’s gender being female, feminine
How do I set my pronouns and/or gender identity?
Students can update their pronouns and/or gender identity in MyPack Portal.
  1. Navigate to your Student Homepage
  2. Select the ‘Personal Information’ tile
  3. Select the ‘Pronoun/Gender Identity’ option
  4. Select the appropriate options from the dropdown menu(s)
  5. Select ‘Save’
What are the guidelines for self-entered pronouns and/or gender identity?
Generally, you can set self-entered pronouns and/or gender identity as desired, but the University reserves the right to delete a self-entered pronoun and/or gender identity if it is used inappropriately. Inappropriate use includes an attempt to harass or threaten, or is otherwise objectionable.
Do I have to provide and set pronouns and/or gender identity?
No. Both of these fields are entirely optional.
Can I delete or change my pronouns and/or gender identity after saving?
Yes. If you have designated pronouns and/or gender identity and wish to update or remove this information, you can do so in MyPack Portal.
  1. Navigate to your Student Homepage
  2. Select the ‘Personal Information’ tile
  3. Select the ‘Pronoun/Gender Identity’ option
  4. Change the desired field(s) to be blank or to the updated information
  5. Select ‘Save’
Where will this information be displayed?
Pronouns will be available administratively via class rosters, grade rosters, the advising center, and other areas of MyPack Portal for faculty and staff viewing. Information on pronouns and/or gender identity may be shared with authorized university officials, but will not be released to unauthorized or third-party contacts. Parents or guardians granted access through MyPack Portal, as well as peer students, should not be able to view this information via their individual system access.

Last edited:
Back