CURRENT EVENTS!

As they were deigned to be brother...nothing to be ashamed of but we sure do deny we all feel it when we shouldn't...yikes! :eek:
Well, the Beatles DID say..... “All you need is love”
‘I’ say....... horny makes the world go ‘round.

Yep. Never going to change anyone's mind on that subject. Women's rights are more important than a clump of DNA.

As I pointed out earlier, discussing this issue from a religious point of view is useless with people who don't hold the same views. And contrary to popular belief, religion is not entirely "faith" (which you can read as groping at loose tail ends of sensational fantasy, if you wish), so it is possible to effectively argue this outside religious circles.
Is it correct that you think that first trimester abortion should be illegal?

It's impossible for the religious to discuss it from a non-religious point of view - you're still driven by and your views are still colored by religious beliefs.

How do you feel about the unborn infant and child killing perpetrated or condoned by God in the Bible? It's okay because he's God?

That being said, I'd love to hear a "much longer response".
Is it correct that nothing will dissuade you from your religious convictions?

Well, the Beatles DID say..... “All you need is love”
‘I’ say....... horny makes the world go ‘round.
It actually makes the world go on and on and on......rinse and repeat :laughings:

Reactions: RFR
In my view, and it's just my view, take it or leave it....

It can be difficult....can be made difficult....for those with in large or in part religious objections to abortion to discuss the subject matter. Actually it doesn't have to be an objection based solely on religious beliefs. I can only assume, and I think in many instances my assumptions are correct, quite a few people are not absolutists in objecting to abortion. Could be at what point in the pregnancy the abortion occurs, could be in cases of rape, or incest, could be when the mother's life is in jeopardy, could be they just don't want to be complicit by having tax dollars involved, etc. At times, not always, it turns into a gotcha game. Accusations of hypocrisy are thrown about. "Oh, so you're not actually opposed to killing babies after all." I'm sure for many it is tough terrain to navigate, the internal struggle, then having it shoved in your face and used against you. So, I suppose many just stick to their guns, so to speak. Perhaps inwardly somewhat flexible, but outwardly backed into a corner as absolutists. Is that dishonesty, I don't know. It's just an observation.

I also observe....is there dishonesty on the other side of the argument? Observably, absolutely. We hear the claim nobody wants to allow abortion up until the time of birth, which is absolutely untrue. I'm not going to waste time or space offering evidence, although I can if requested. We hear abortion cloaked in for the health of the mother. Oh, I'm sure the ramifications of unwise life decisions can cause stress, but other than I guess perhapd at ones own hand, life is not in jeopardy. The vast, vast notion that abortion is a women's health issue is...a lie. Let's be honest and call it what it is, it is a child life issue. Rape or incest, I'm sure it happens, but it doesn't even cause a blip on the meter when it comes to the number of abortions performed in this country, and others I would guess.

I don't know, just some observations. It would be helpful if all parties were capable of coming to the table or public square to discuss the issue with honesty as a good foundation.

Mick Doobie, let me do you a favor... if you're opposed to abortions, don't have one. You're welcome! I don't like marijuana... it's legal now... I just don't fucking smoke it.

Nobody can credibly dispute that a zygote/embryo is a living organism. A cluster of cells isn't a person - it has the potential to become a person.
Is there then no distinction between a living organism and a person? In biological terms, "living" refers to cells able to generate more cells etc. Which definitely makes a zygote/embryo "alive".

Here's some reality. Oceans of Africans born into famine, violence, warfare only to die as children. Some grow old enough to themselves become murderous soldiers who cause famine and slaughter others. Overall Africa has been a corrupt, violent craphole since pretty much forever. I'm not seeing the "miracle".
You're aware that Africans have been slaughtering each other by the trainload - children born only to starve to death or be murdered or themselves become murderers. A while back there was an expose on areas in Africa where people cannibalize children because they think it wards off disease and evil spirits. Kids born into the inner cities where the odds of them being abused, neglected, become involved in criminality, end up in prison are far greater than the odds of them graduating from school functionally literate because they were born to someone who was incapable of birthing them into any other circumstance - they were doomed before they were born. All the horrifically abused kids born to useless parents who had no business having kids in the first place in all the case files you're never going to ever hear about - and all those who never even get reported to authorities. Crack babies, fetal alcohol babies, babies who die in dumpsters or similarly in the Third World and in the First World.
That btw is total BS. Instead of exporting abortion clinics to African countries, how about we send them real humanitarian relief? Again, it’s about treating the disease rather than the symptoms. Do you realize that the abortion industry widely propagandizes itself as a genuinely caring organization working for the betterment of mankind? Now I know what people mean when they say they laugh so hard it hurts… You’re just short of saying that women can lovingly kill their babies! I’m disappointed in the New York times’ effect on you, man @brassplyer. You would do good to look into Kamala Harris’ involvement in the prosecution of David Daleiden.

How do any of you know you were born, were you there? Are you sure? Do you remember? Or, were you told you were?
Don’t know about you, but I certainly don’t remember being 2 years old, any more than being in the womb. According to your “human rights”, you should be able go to your local pharmacy and buy over-the-counter sterilized 2-inch blades marketed as “safe and effective” for “prevention of cell structures” up to 2 years after birth. Feel free to use my wording in that upcoming petition to your local congressman.

It's impossible for the religious to discuss it from a non-religious point of view - you're still driven by and your views are still colored by religious beliefs.

How do you feel about the unborn infant and child killing perpetrated or condoned by God in the Bible? It's okay because he's God?
What is really lame is that you are the first to mention the Bible despite your persistent claims to be an atheist.

There are some whack and evil people who apparently are only sexually attracted to children. I don't know, but it has been said by those who study these type of things that the impulse towards sexual attraction exclusively toward children is incurable. You know what I say? I think such people should not be having sex, once diagnosed chemical or physical castration should be mandatory. That's what I think.
OK, but I was only referring to consensual / normal acts.

But that also begs the question... If it is no longer seen as disordered to be gay or to practice BDSM, why is pedophilia still illegal?

Is it correct that you think that first trimester abortion should be illegal?
Yes.
So far, I've proven that to be untrue. Show me where I saw color. I believe you're the one who brought the africans into the discussion, as well lol.
See my above post. I will not discuss this from a religious standpoint with someone who doesn't even believe in God.
Is it correct that nothing will dissuade you from your religious convictions?
Fire away. I'm ready to consider what you have to say.

Because children can’t legally consent.
But objectively, what makes it wrong, beyond the fact that the bigwigs in Washington say that the kid can't undress? In other countries, it's not illegal / not enforced. Are you saying that US law should be applied universally?

How do any of you know you were born, were you there? Are you sure? Do you remember? Or, were you told you were?
Don’t know about you, but I certainly don’t remember being 2 years old, any more than being in the womb. According to your “human rights”, you should be able go to your local pharmacy and buy over-the-counter sterilized 2-inch blades marketed as “safe and effective” for “prevention of cell structures” up to 2 years after birth. Feel free to use my wording in that upcoming petition to your local congressman.

What human rights did you read into my statement and how did you do that? Amazing.
I was being serious when asking that question. You don't remember do you? You just take someones word for it, don't you?

The right to killing a clump of cells that would not remember its early existence anyway.
I never said anything about killing anything. I asked a simple question and you read into it whatever you like. That doesn't make you correct. Would you like to know why I asked that question?

Back