creamy milky compressor why

I think I've found where Walters gets his material from. Check out the link at the bottom of this thread for "similar threads," from 2001. If you're familiar with his stuff, you'll note the phasing, the cream, the wall of sound, etc. It's creepy.

Irony said:
I'm incredibly new to mixing but I've stumbled across something. My band enjoys a super creamy wall of sound which we can achieve by creating many tracks and creating some eq "pocket things" for everything. Now the thing I've recently stumbled across is that phase can also be used to help achieve this creamy wall of sound effect also. We found this while doing a sax track which we ran the signal through a big muff and a small stone phase. This track fit into the whole mix so seamlesly that we added somemore tracks with diffrent settings and eq. The phase effect even works amazingly on drums to do the same, creating transparent upfront snare and base with nice sounding symbols. Also you can ulternate and throw some flange on the drums like on the snare during a really dramatic snare roll. After finding this we purchased a mutron by phase and this thing works amazing in throwing the whole end stero mix in for just that over all hint.

Does anybody else know of these techniques and if so could you give some general, good, all purpose, phase settings for diffrent basic instruments like guitare, bass, and diffrent drums. If you could please leave the settings very general and all purpose so it's not dependent to certian products. I'm extremely interested in what you guys think of this.

a super creamy wall of sound which we can achieve by creating many tracks and creating some eq "pocket things" for everything. Now the thing I've recently stumbled across is that phase can also be used to help achieve this creamy wall of sound effect also

See there is other creamy wall of sounds i told you about the wall of sound
and phasing and know about the creamy milking waveforms of the
creamy wall of sound this guy knows about that creamy wall of sound

This thread is hilarious! I think w doesn't speak english that well and he's probably copying and pasting descriptions of products. why

Corban if you look like that picture of Charlie Brown you must look so
cute reading the Creamy wall of sound, Im so glad you found another
creamy wall of sound fan, once you hear the creamy wall of sound its
the best production you will drop to your knees when you
hear the creamy waveforms hitting and grab your ears.

4 Milk boxes in Series rounding the Edges of the waveforms and giving
those extra overtones of the quarts,spill and CREAM added

The Milk boxs takes a really really THIN sound or THIN waveform and the
output is really THICK and FAT the waveform is so FAT and THICK the
milk box is amazing adds the CREAM

Look at the Hyperlink Corban you can see the Real old milk box
from the early 90's where its different it has the cream and quarts
parameters

walters said:
Look at the Hyperlink Corban you can see the Real old milk box
from the early 90's where its different it has the cream and quarts
parameters

Is this the pedal you have in your creamy rack milk why?

Must take foot from mouth and make foot go up to rack to turn creamy milkbox on for creamy milky wall of sound. Maybe to put on floor out of rack to be for better. for creamy wall of sound on sound layering, creamy style from old days back into 90's.

Yea Click on the Hyperlink and see the parameter names
Quarts,Spill, CREAM

Yes i have this in my rack i have 2 of them to compress the send
and returns at the same time to make it REALLY CREAMY

The milkbox is the best compressor out there to get the creamy wall
of sound effect

ez_willis said:
attachment.php
Willis, you nitwit - photographed the WRONG END! :cool:

Back