convertor choice

Downside Studio

Just switching from the old trusty tascam da-series convertors to the motu convertors and boy...like my ears went open. Running into nuendo soon to be on a G5.....

Escpecially the high frequency are a lot more present even at 16/44.1

Me is happy :p

I hear bad things about bush, but he is still there!

Serious..got nuendo 2 running on mac without problems...and have worked for over 15 years exclusive with mac. I know about the problems some have with mac and nuendo but if you take a look at the nuendo forums you'll see that there are hunderts who are having trouble with their pc.

So without starting a pc versus mac war....I have always worked with mac, I know the system very well, and will stick to mac....

the other day I had a problem with some boggy software and I sent the client out for a short walk....when he came back 20 minutes later, I had completly re-installed the system software, replaced the new audiocard with the old protools card, software installed and plugsins......the whole system was running within 20 minutes.....try that on a pc........

so I know pc is cheaper and there is a lot more available but I've learned the hard way to stick with equipment I know and in case of direct troubleshooting....I must be able to resolve it very quickly..

All bad things about mac I take for granted....just like with a girlfriend!

So...G5 dual....here I come!

any dipshit can do that. Just ghost your hard drive after your initial OS installation and application/driver installation. Something gets corrupted, reinstall the pristine ghosted image. You can do that on mac and pc. Ps. Mac's suck and Apple is going to fucking ruin Logic.

Hey nuts, thanks for the wonderful input. It shows great knowledge from your side.

Indeed a ferrari is faster than a talbot, and yes both drive on normal petrol.

wasn't trying to start a PCvs mac war...i just heard nuendo was more stable on pc rather then mac since nuendo is developed on a PC then ported to mac....

Yeah..that last is true....it is a pc written program...

and you didn't start a mac/pc war...I guess we are all satisfied with the choice we made....

Back