Votes: 17 8.6%
  • Superlux

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Cad

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Other

Votes: 92 46.5%

• Total voters
I have nothing to compare them to, but I am loving my MXL v67 and 603s pair. LOVING 'em. All told, they cost me about $200. For three mics! I'm happy.

I can sense it, I'll be a gearhead before long....at least, as soon as my budget allows.

Accidentally?

Well a variety of factors led me to impulsively bid on one on eBay.

1. It had two minutes left, so I had to make a decision quickly.
2.For some reason $29.99 +$6.50 shipping seemed like a decent price... Even though new is only $50 with free shipping at Amazon (and the eBay one didn't have a clip or case, but I didn't know that until I got it).
3. It was pictured on top of an equalizer, and the title was "Behringer ECM800/ECM8000," or something like that... And I just assumed that the ECM800 could be an equalizer (a really really stupid assumption of course...).
4. I kind of thought I would be outbid because it seemed like a better deal than it actually was. Like I was hoping to win it for that price (see excuse 2), but bid more carelessly because I didn't think I would.

So pretty much, I was in a hurry and not really thinking, so I placed a bid and won.

Oh well; I love it, so it's all good. :)

2.For some reason $29.99 +$6.50 shipping seemed like a decent price... Even though new is only $50 with free shipping at Amazon (and the eBay one didn't have a clip or case, but I didn't know that until I got it).
3. It was pictured on top of an equalizer, and the title was "Behringer ECM800/ECM8000," or something like that... And I just assumed that the ECM800 could be an equalizer (a really really stupid assumption of course...).
4. I kind of thought I would be outbid because it seemed like a better deal than it actually was. Like I was hoping to win it for that price (see excuse 2), but bid more carelessly because I didn't think I would.

So pretty much, I was in a hurry and not really thinking, so I placed a bid and won.

Not a good buy really - you only saved about $13 - did not get a clip, nor a case nor a Guarantee. :(

And it's a B........ :(

exhnozoaa...What have you used this microphone on so far?

:cool:

exhnozoaa...What have you used this microphone on so far?

Well, it's my only microphone, so I use it on everything. :P

I've used it on vocals, guitar, and piano. Today I'm going to try it as a drum overhead... I know you're supposed to use two for stereo or something, but I don't have two... So we'll see how one works.

I've used it on vocals, guitar, and piano. Today I'm going to try it as a drum overhead... I know you're supposed to use two for stereo or something, but I don't have two... So we'll see how one works.

Very cool I bet you can't wait to get more of a selection in your microphone inventory.
I've used the behringer on stand up bass with great results about 3' out from the bass and about 3' off the floor ...facing straight up ...unbelievable realistic recording of the stand up bass.

Very cool I bet you can't wait to get more of a selection in your microphone inventory.
I've used the behringer on stand up bass with great results about 3' out from the bass and about 3' off the floor ...facing straight up ...unbelievable realistic recording of the stand up bass.

I would love to get more microphones... But I can't really afford to... Yet.

I'm glad you're getting awesome results that way. :) I have a noobish question though... Does it matter what way it faces since it's omnidirectional?

I feel like it gives a realistic recording of everything, but that may just me my untrained noobish ears. :)

I would love to get more microphones... But I can't really afford to... Yet.

I'm glad you're getting awesome results that way. :) I have a noobish question though... Does it matter what way it faces since it's omnidirectional?

It will become slightly directional above 10kHz. So it does matter, but not very much.

Well maybe a LITTLE exhnozoaa....Say if you were to record an acoustic guitar while seated and you face it straight on....You may get some bounce off the floor being that the microphone is omni. Try a little experimentation with the positioning. Try facing straight on, then do the same, but face the microphone straight up out in front of the guitar. you may or may not hear a difference but it will be good to know for future reference. ;)

LOO Love Of Omnis

Since you are developing a love of omnis I recommend a pair of omni dynamics. They will be a little different than your beri.

EV 635, EV RE50, or Realistic 1070, a Radio Shack RE50 clone made by Shure. The EV mics are famous. Standard of the broadcast industry. Used on many great recordings. The 1070s are great and go cheaper than the EVs on ebay. Sometimes you get a pair for $30. My secret weapon mic for outside field recordings.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

Back