BSoD help

SteppenWolf

been getting these seemingly randomly
error message IRQL not less or equal Stop 0x0000000A etc suggests either hardware or software.

before i go tearing into the motherboard i wanted to ask if anyone has tried to run 2 soundcards at the same time?

i am using an m-audio 2496 audiophile for recording and a SB audigy for playback.
is there a tweak i need to use to make this work or are the settings in the xp audio manager sufficient?

i'm thinking that the 2 may be conflicting occasionally but i really don't know because i have been able to make it work.

my suspicions on the BSoD is that it's a memory failure but that needs to be tested.

I had this on an almost daily basis a while back on a PC I built myself. I tried loads of things to solve it. I swapped memory chips, used more/less memory to no avail.

I reinstalled Windows and everything else. All was fine for around 18 months until a few weeks ago when it happened again. It hasn't happened since then. Of note perhaps, is that when it happened regularly I had the M-Audio 2496 installed...

I now have that soundcard in another PC (almost as was from Dell - new DVDRW, and HDD), together with an EMU0404 and the onboard soundcard and I have never had BSOD; running same host and VSTs. Although granted I don't actually use the cards at the same time, but I did for a while last year...without problems.

I don't really know what the point to my post is, I guess there isn't one but I thought I'd post my experiences anyway. Sorry I couldn't help more

another forum offered the suggestion that i reset my page file by blanking it out , restarting, and then resetting it.
i can't see any harm in trying this so i'll post if i have any success with this.

what is crashing? It should say on the BSOD (*.sys, *.dll, *.vxd, something like that)

this was the error message code;

irql_not_less_or_equal
0X0000000A (0X00000004,0X0000001C,0X00000001,0X8050186E)

some research suggested i could use one of these groups of numbers to find a driver range or something to that effect but that's a little over my head.

Windows_XP_BSOD.png

Where it says SPCMDCON.SYS is what you are looking for (yours will obviously be something different)

Back