(2) Sm57

thissilentstar

Great condition. I can include the cloth zip case for each if you would like. I have too many sitting around, and I need some cash.

Prices include USPS shipping and paypal from Laramie, WY.

Both for $125

or

$70 each

Thanks for the heads up on the counterfeits. I will check it out when I get home this evening. I didn't realize some of the counterfeits were so well done.

Thanks for the heads up on the counterfeits. I will check it out when I get home this evening. I didn't realize some of the counterfeits were so well done.

You could be using a counterfeit for years and never know it. They have be making them better and better.

Yes. If you buy a Shure, and get a Guangzhou special, then you got conned - and even if you convince yourself the thing sounds good, it's still not a Shure. You can be perfectly happy with it yourself, but if you sell it to somebody - if you don't tell them, then you become a criminal - so it converts into a morals issue.

I have a Gibson guitar, but it isn't a Gibson. I rather like it, and when I ding it and the case gets dropped in the van, I don't lose sleep - which I would if it was real. However, I do have quite strong feelings on selling it, so I can live with owning it, but I could not pass it off.

I do have a counterfeit Shure, and I show it to visiting engineers who come through the venue, and while it sounds ok, it feeds back more easily, and the handling noise gives it away. A real 57 in your hand makes very little noise if you move your fingers - the clone is nowhere near the same - one two-one two doesn't identify it, but handling noise does.

Correct. The gain before feed back is a dead give away. And with the earlier knock offs the handling noise was terrible!

Wow, there are a lot of different ways to tell if it is fake or not...some contradictory.

Although I am selling two mics, I have four total in my house right now. I can't speak to which was bought when, but I can say that the last time I bought an SM57 was in 2008 and it was used at that time (from a member of this forum). Two of the mics that I have would have been bought brand new almost twelve years ago (for my church). Again, I am not sure which mic is which in relation to when I (or my church) bought them, but all four of them look identical in every single way. I say all this, because I know that two of the mics I have must be genuine Shure Sm57 mics.

All my SM57 mics have the correct XLR arrangement, gasket type thing under the grille, Correct color wiring both from the grille to the transformer and from the transformer to the XLR, stamped with some red letters under the circuit board, don't seem to be excess handling noise, don't feedback easily. Pins 2 & 3 give approximately 20 OHMs whereas various sites say this would be 600 OHMS if it was fake. Lettering and color all seem good.

My SM57's have an indent around the XLR which people have said means it is fake. However, all of my SM57's have this

To me, it seems that all of this point to them being genuine shure mics, especially in light of there being absolutely no difference between the four I have (which I am fairly positive two were bought from a Shure Dealer)

Do others agree with my assessment or am I missing something. Even if I don't end up selling one or both of these on this forum, I want to know what I have in case I sell to a friend or someone else.

Back