2 new songs recorded

distortedrumble

all up in yo grill!
i have 2 new ones recorded and since i dont have any of the mp3 sites setup to put stuff on, if you could just IM me on AIM: distortedrumble or send me your email account then i can send them to you. hope you guys take the time to listen

hey man, just go to soundclick.com or nowhereradio.com and signup......it's free, simple, and does'nt take long. doubt you're gonna get many listens through aim and email.

its up but they havent cleared it yet...lazy ass bastards but you can hear the low fi play though

Last edited:
Ugh, I'm going to wait for the hi-fi to clear. The lo-fi sounds like I am listening through a coffee can... Nice songs, though... I like the playing on it, but I will wait for the hi-fi to clear to give you any thoughts on the mix....

your first upload usually takes a day to clear.........but after that, your tunes will be immediately available after uploading. that first one is slow though.

Very nice mate, right up my street.

I'm not really qualified to critique the mix as such but the one thing that sticks out to me is that the vocal is a bit wet ie. a bit too much 'verb. Or maybe that's just the sound you're after? I just think it'll maybe bring the voice forward a bit more if you cut it back.

It's really just a minor thing though, nice tune, nice playing etc.

Well, I wasn't expecting that. :D These your songs, rumble? Good tunes. Performances are nice. I love the acoustic guitar sound you are getting. So gentle.

Good voice. The vocals and piano do seem overly reverbed. Some noticeable sibilance on the vocal. Not really digging the snare sound on the first tune. Too drum-machiney.

The piano on the second tune is too distant. Sounds like I'm listening to a piano recital in an old gymnasium. It just doesn't mesh with the vocals well.

Strong work, dude.

the second one isnt finished completely lol. yes that is a drum machine. like i said before the guy was looking for that whole "i lay myself down in front of the world alone to give my life for jesus" and thank you for listening. equipment used: UB802 mixer, mxl 67g and 603s, zoom 2400 multi-verb/delay unit, audiophile 24/96, sonar 3 producer edition.

I like the sound of the Vocals, however I think they could be a little more up front. I like the reverb on the vocals it sounds good and works with the songs. You also find a little more reverb in Christian music. I do think its to much on the piano. The piano needs so sound more real and open. Its kinda a boxy sound.

Great job though.

Are you using any plugins?

well i was using that lexicon reverb on sonar 3..the thing with that is the keyboard the guy uses had only one output. not stereo left and right. so yeah its a great sound and yeah it is boxy but i did my best with that reverb to get it to spread out. lol thats still a work in progress

Had to turn it way up...then whoa!

The drum machine gets real old real fast. The vocal is way to on top and sparkley in the mix. the song is lifeless and draggy. Even with the vocal so freaking loud I can't make out much besides "we praise you lord once again".

Sounds like "nunumibhooovoo"
Just sing it, don't go so over the 90s college rock vocally. I think religious music like this begs for a super himble vocal not the stylistic rendering you have given it here.

Back